Faux Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- not genuine or real; being an imitation of the genuine article; "it isn''t fake anything; it''s real synthetic fur"; "faux pearls"; "false teeth"; "decorated with imitation palm leaves"; "a purse of simulated alligator hide"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Faux'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Faux'
- Faux: For other uses, see Faux (disambiguation). Faux /ˈfoʊ/ is a French word for "false". The adjective has been adopted into the English language to describe
- Faux pas: A faux pas (/ˌfoʊˈpɑː/ plural: faux pas /ˌfoʊˈpɑːz/) is a socially awkward or tactless act, especially one that violates accepted social norms, standard
- Faux painting: Faux painting or faux finishing are terms used to describe decorative paint finishes that replicate the appearance of materials such as marble, wood or
- Faux Cyrillic: Faux Cyrillic, pseudo-Cyrillic, pseudo-Russian or faux Russian typography is the use of Cyrillic letters in Latin text to evoke the Soviet Union or Russia
- Faux-Vésigneul: Faux-Vésigneul is a commune in the Marne department in north-eastern France. Communes of the Marne department
- Kung Faux: Kung Faux is a critically acclaimed action comedy television series and audio visual art assemblage created by Mic Neumann that remixes classic kung fu
- Faux-la-Montagne: Faux-la-Montagne is a commune in the Creuse department in the Limousin region in central France. An area of lakes and streams, forestry and farming comprising
- Faux-Mazuras: Faux-Mazuras is a commune in the Creuse department in the Limousin region in central France. A small farming village situated some 19 miles (31 km) southof
- Faux mouvement: Faux mouvement, an album by Autour de Lucie, was released in 2001 on the Nettwerk label. Many of the songs also appear remixed on their 2001 remix compilation
- Faux-Fresnay: Faux-Fresnay is a commune in the Marne department in north-eastern France. Communes of the Marne department
Faux Sample Sentences in News
- Faux fur: Why is it all over the house?
Do fuzzy fabrics have a place at a holiday table? Read more on this news related to 'Faux'
- Faux Fur Features
This winter, invest in a fluffy accessory to keep right on trend! Whether you opt for neutrals or pastel colours, the highlight of your outfit in these darkening days should, without doubt, be faux fur fabulous. Read more on this news related to 'Faux'
- What to buy in Whistles now
The high street is facing fierce competition from Whistles this winter; take your pick from faux fur accessories, bold coats and brogues Read more on this news related to 'Faux'