Faux Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- not genuine or real; being an imitation of the genuine article; "it isn''t fake anything; it''s real synthetic fur"; "faux pearls"; "false teeth"; "decorated with imitation palm leaves"; "a purse of simulated alligator hide"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Faux'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Faux'
- Faux: For other uses, see Faux (disambiguation). Faux /ˈfoʊ/ is a French word for "false". The adjective has been adopted into the English language to describe
- Faux painting: Faux painting or faux finishing are terms used to describe decorative paint finishes that replicate the appearance of materials such as marble, wood or
- Faux queen: A faux queen or bio queen is a female performance artist who adopts the style typical of male drag queens. A faux queen may be jocularly described as
- Kung Faux: Kung Faux is an American action comedy television series and audio visual art assemblage created by Mic Neumann that remixes classic kung fu movies with
- Faux Cyrillic: Faux Cyrillic, pseudo-Cyrillic, pseudo-Russian or faux Russian typography is the use of Cyrillic letters in Latin text to evoke the Soviet Union or Russia
- Canal du Faux-Rempart: The Canal du Faux-Rempart, also known as the Fossé du Faux-Rempart, is a canal in the centre of the city of Strasbourg in eastern France. The canal connects
- Faux-Vésigneul: Faux-Vésigneul is a commune in the Marne department in north-eastern France. Communes of the Marne department
- Faux bois: Faux bois (from the French for false wood) refers to the artistic imitation of wood or wood grains in various media. The craft has roots in the Renaissance
- Faux mouvement: Faux mouvement, an album by Autour de Lucie, was released in 2001 on the Nettwerk label. Many of the songs also appear remixed on their 2001 remix compilation
- Kari Faux: Kari Faux is an American rapper/singer based out of Little Rock, Arkansas; she is best known for her flamboyant dress, and conversational style of rap