Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fathomed'
Fathomed Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Fathom \Fath"om\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fathomed; p. pr. & vb.
- To encompass with the arms extended or encircling; to measure by throwing the arms about; to span. [Obs.] --Purchas.
- The measure by a sounding line; especially, to sound the depth of; to penetrate, measure, and comprehend; to get to the bottom of. --Dryden. The page of life that was spread out before me seemed dull and commonplace, only because I had not fathomed its deeper import. --Hawthotne.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fathomed'
Words and phrases related to 'Fathomed'
Fathomed Sample Sentences in News
- Wait to Determine a Medical School Specialty
It's important to enter medical school with an open mind, ready to gain exposure to as many specialties as possible in order to make an informed decision about your career path. Keeping your options open leaves room for consideration of specialties you might never have fathomed. As you enter medical school, recall any premed school volunteer experiences. These Read more on this news related to 'Fathomed'
- This Week in Annoying: The Worst in Sports Right Now
Talk about a week of disappointments. In a matter of hours, we were given hope that the coolest sports toy ever fathomed had been invented, only to find out quickly that we were all witnessing yet another example of Internet trickery. If that weren't enough, a childhood hero had devolved into a somber grump, giving ESPN's Linda Cohn a hard time on Sports Read more on this news related to 'Fathomed'
- Teel Time: Will Virginia and/or Syracuse stumble before their showdown?
Virginia and Syracuse are 12 days and three games each from a rare, late-season basketball clash that the architects of the new-look ACC could not have fathomed. Read more on this news related to 'Fathomed'