Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fashioning'
Fashioning Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the act that results in something coming to be; "the
devising of plans"; "the fashioning of pots and pans";
"the making of measurements"; "it was already in the
making" [syn: devising, making]
- Fashion \Fash"ion\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fashioned; p. pr. &
vb. n. Fashioning.] [Cf. F. faconner.]
- To form; to give shape or figure to; to mold. Here the loud hammer fashions female toys. --Gay. Ingenious art . . . Steps forth to fashion and refine the age. --Cowper.
- To fit; to adapt; to accommodate; -- with to. Laws ought to be fashioned to the manners and conditions of the people. --Spenser.
- To make according to the rule prescribed by custom. Fashioned plate sells for more than its weight. --Locke.
- To forge or counterfeit. [Obs.] --Shak. Fashioning needle (Knitting Machine), a needle used for widening or narrowing the work and thus shaping it.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fashioning'
- Self-fashioning: Self-fashioning, a term introduced by Stephen Greenblatt (Renaissance Self-Fashioning, 1980), is used to describe the process of ...
Words and phrases related to 'Fashioning'
Fashioning Sample Sentences in News
- Miss Manfield fashioning a new energy with fresh designs
HER time on reality TV show Project Runway may not have gone as smoothly as she had hoped, but Natashya Manfield is reaping the rewards of her fashion design. Read more on this news related to 'Fashioning'
- Fashioning a future for gifted young designers
NORTHUMBRIA University students will showcase their colourful collections at the annual Fashion Show today. This year's sell-out fashion show will be held at the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art on Tuesday 14 May. For those attending, it will be a chance to preview the collections of final year students before they head down to London to compete for fashion& Read more on this news related to 'Fashioning'
- You're the Boss Blog: How We Keep Our Mentors and Investors on Board
I didn’t want to go into debt learning business principles so that I could one day hope to build Fashioning Change; I wanted to build Fashioning Change. Read more on this news related to 'Fashioning'