Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fashioning'
Fashioning Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the act that results in something coming to be; "the
devising of plans"; "the fashioning of pots and pans";
"the making of measurements"; "it was already in the
making" [syn: devising, making]
- Fashion \Fash"ion\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fashioned; p. pr. &
vb. n. Fashioning.] [Cf. F. faconner.]
- To form; to give shape or figure to; to mold. Here the loud hammer fashions female toys. --Gay. Ingenious art . . . Steps forth to fashion and refine the age. --Cowper.
- To fit; to adapt; to accommodate; -- with to. Laws ought to be fashioned to the manners and conditions of the people. --Spenser.
- To make according to the rule prescribed by custom. Fashioned plate sells for more than its weight. --Locke.
- To forge or counterfeit. [Obs.] --Shak. Fashioning needle (Knitting Machine), a needle used for widening or narrowing the work and thus shaping it.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fashioning'
- Self-fashioning: Self-fashioning, a term introduced by Stephen Greenblatt (Renaissance Self-Fashioning, 1980), is used to describe the process of ...
Words and phrases related to 'Fashioning'
Fashioning Sample Sentences in News
- Inside the Phillies: Phils' Hollands already fashioning next career
Eleven days after Mario Hollands became a major-league player, he pulled a box filled with books from his locker at Citizens Bank Park. Classes for the spring quarter at the Los Angeles-based Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising started April 10, and the lefthanded pitcher had reading assignments. Read more on this news related to 'Fashioning'
- Fashioning Paper
Urban chic and a crowded chaos — Sachin George Sebastian’s paper installation at the recent Wills Lifestyle Fashion Week in Delhi had people enraptured as models sashayed down the ramp in Rahul Mi... Read more on this news related to 'Fashioning'
- Fashioning Cancer: Project Creates Ball Gowns Inspired by Cells
A University of British Columbia costume design professor has created a collection of ball gowns inspired by photos of cancer cells. Read more on this news related to 'Fashioning'