Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fashioning'
Fashioning Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the act that results in something coming to be; "the
devising of plans"; "the fashioning of pots and pans";
"the making of measurements"; "it was already in the
making" [syn: devising, making]
- Fashion \Fash"ion\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fashioned; p. pr. &
vb. n. Fashioning.] [Cf. F. faconner.]
- To form; to give shape or figure to; to mold. Here the loud hammer fashions female toys. --Gay. Ingenious art . . . Steps forth to fashion and refine the age. --Cowper.
- To fit; to adapt; to accommodate; -- with to. Laws ought to be fashioned to the manners and conditions of the people. --Spenser.
- To make according to the rule prescribed by custom. Fashioned plate sells for more than its weight. --Locke.
- To forge or counterfeit. [Obs.] --Shak. Fashioning needle (Knitting Machine), a needle used for widening or narrowing the work and thus shaping it.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fashioning'
- Self-fashioning: Self-fashioning, a term introduced by Stephen Greenblatt (Renaissance Self-Fashioning, 1980), is used to describe the process of ...
Words and phrases related to 'Fashioning'
Fashioning Sample Sentences in News
- Lady Gaga takes flight
After fashioning outfits from meat and seashells, Lady Gaga's latest get-up could double as a transportation device. The singer titillated attendees at her "artRave" event in Brooklyn on Sunday - thrown to support her newest album, "ARTPOP" - with a flying dress called "Volantis." Created by Gaga's TechHaus team and Studio XO, Read more on this news related to 'Fashioning'
- Fashioning food: Venetian F&B leader Sebastien Silvestri pushes the limits
The hotel exec talks the property's upcoming La Cucina Italiana food festival, bring Daniel Boulud back to the Strip and more. Read more on this news related to 'Fashioning'
- Former NFL WR Hurd could get life on drug charge
While NFL teammates and friends knew Sam Hurd as a hardworking wide receiver and married father, authorities say he was fashioning a separate identity as a wannabe drug kingpin with a focus on ''high-end deals'' and a need for large amounts of cocaine and marijuana. That led a magistrate judge in August 2012 to revoke his bond and order him returne Read more on this news related to 'Fashioning'