Expeditionary Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- (used of military forces) designed for military operations abroad; "the French expeditionary force in Indochina"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Expeditionary'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Expeditionary'
- Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force: Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe. Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force (SHAEF; /ˈʃeɪf/ SHAYF), was the headquarters of the Commander
- II Marine Expeditionary Force: The II Marine Expeditionary Force (II MEF) is a Marine Air-Ground Task Force consisting of ground, air and logistics forces capable of projecting offensive
- British Expeditionary Force: British Expeditionary Force (BEF) may refer to: British Expeditionary Force (World War I), the British field force sent to France in World War I British
- Navy Expeditionary Combat Command: The Navy Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC) serves as the single functional command to centrally manage current and future readiness, resources, manning
- I Marine Expeditionary Force: The I Marine Expeditionary Force ("I" pronounced "One") is a Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) of the United States Marine Corps primarily composed
- Marine Expeditionary Force: A Marine Expeditionary Force (MEF), formerly known as a Marine Amphibious Force, is the largest type of a Marine Air-Ground Task Force. A MEF is the largest
- Expeditionary warfare: Expeditionary warfare is the deployment of a state's military to fight abroad, especially away from established bases. Expeditionary forces were in part
- Marine expeditionary unit: A Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU, pronounced Myuu), formerly called Marine Amphibious Unit (MAU), is the smallest Marine air-ground task force (MAGTF)
- 1st Marine Expeditionary Brigade (United States): 1st Marine Expeditionary Brigade is a unit in the I Marine Expeditionary Force (I MEF) and is the "middleweight" crisis response force of choice in the
- Expeditionary Force: formations with Expeditionary Force in their name include: Combined Joint Expeditionary Force (2010–present) American Expeditionary Forces : to France
Expeditionary Sample Sentences in News
- Expeditionary school moving closer to reality
HUNTINGTON - Progress isn't slowing on Cabell County's Explorer Academy, the first school in West Virginia to employ the Expeditionary Learning method. Read more on this news related to 'Expeditionary'
- 450 Fort Gordon soldiers relocating to Savannah's Fort Stewart
The 63rd Expeditionary Signal Battalion (ESB) will relocate to the Savannah post in July. Read more on this news related to 'Expeditionary'
- How Do We Make 100% College Acceptance the Norm?
Expeditionary Learning (EL) – the K-12 education nonprofit – is leading the charge to this goal with its sister organization NYC Outward Bound Schools and EL partner schools around the country. Washington Heights Expeditionary Learning School (which originated the College March in 2011), Springfield Renaissance School in Massachusetts, and Capital City Public Read more on this news related to 'Expeditionary'