Expeditionary Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- (used of military forces) designed for military operations abroad; "the French expeditionary force in Indochina"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Expeditionary'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Expeditionary'
- Expeditionary warfare: Expeditionary warfare is the deployment of a state's military to fight abroad, especially away from established bases. Expeditionary forces were in part
- Navy Expeditionary Combat Command: The Navy Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC) serves as the single functional command to centrally manage current and future readiness, resources, manning
- Marine expeditionary unit: A Marine expeditionary unit (MEU, pronounced "Mew"), formerly called Marine amphibious unit (MAU), is the smallest Marine air-ground task force (MAGTF)
- Expeditionary Strike Group: The Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) is a United States Navy concept introduced in the early 1990s, based on the Naval Expeditionary Task Force. The U
- Marine expeditionary force: A Marine expeditionary force (MEF), formerly known as a Marine amphibious force, is the largest type of a Marine air-ground task force. A MEF is the largest
- II Marine Expeditionary Force: The II Marine Expeditionary Force (II MEF) is a Marine Air-Ground Task Force consisting of ground, air and logistics forces capable of projecting offensive
- Expeditionary Force: Expeditionary Force is a generic name sometimes applied to a military force dispatched to fight in a foreign country. Notable early adaptations include
- Southern Expeditionary Fleet (Imperial Japanese Navy): The Southern Expeditionary Fleet (南遣艦隊, Nanken Kantai?) was a fleet of the Imperial Japanese Navy, their roles were invasion and maintenance of the public
- Expeditionary Air Wing: unit. For the similarly named USAF concept, see Air Expeditionary Wing. On 1 April 2006 Expeditionary Air Wings (EAWs) were formed at nine of the RAF's
- 332d Air Expeditionary Wing: The 332d Air Expeditionary Wing (332 AEW) is a Provisional Wing of Air Combat Command, currently active. It was last inactivated on 8 May 2012, and most