Expeditionary Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- (used of military forces) designed for military operations abroad; "the French expeditionary force in Indochina"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Expeditionary'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Expeditionary'
- II Marine Expeditionary Force: The II Marine Expeditionary Force (II MEF) is a Marine Air-Ground Task Force consisting of ground, air and logistics forces capable of projecting offensive
- Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force: Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe. Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force (SHAEF; /ˈʃeɪf/ SHAYF), was the headquarters of the Commander
- British Expeditionary Force: British Expeditionary Force (BEF) may refer to: British Expeditionary Force (World War I), the British field force sent to France in World War I British
- Navy Expeditionary Combat Command: The Navy Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC) serves as the single functional command to centrally manage current and future readiness, resources, manning
- Marine Expeditionary Force: A Marine Expeditionary Force (MEF), formerly known as a Marine Amphibious Force, is the largest type of a Marine Air-Ground Task Force. A MEF is the largest
- Expeditionary warfare: Expeditionary warfare is the deployment of a state's military to fight abroad, especially away from established bases. Expeditionary forces were in part
- I Marine Expeditionary Force: The I Marine Expeditionary Force ("I" pronounced "One") is a Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) of the United States Marine Corps primarily composed
- Marine expeditionary unit: A Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU, pronounced Myuu), formerly called Marine Amphibious Unit (MAU), is the smallest Marine air-ground task force (MAGTF)
- 1st Marine Expeditionary Brigade (United States): 1st Marine Expeditionary Brigade is a unit in the I Marine Expeditionary Force (I MEF) and is the "middleweight" crisis response force of choice in the
Expeditionary Sample Sentences in News
- IN THE NEWS
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Marines with Combat Logistics Regiment 4, 4th Marine Logistics Group participated alongside I Marine Expeditionary Force in an exercise in Kansas City, Missouri, Feb. 20-22, 2015. Read more on this news related to 'Expeditionary'
- Czech major takes over as commander of Air Expeditionary Advisory Squadron in Afghanistan
The Air Expeditionary Advisory Squadron in Afghanistan, commanded by Americans until now, is being led its first Czech commander, Major Miroslav Šajban, the spokeswoman for the General Staff of the Czech Armed Forces Jana Růžičková told the Czech News Agency. Major Šajban took over the command at a ceremony... Read more on this news related to 'Expeditionary'
- Nearly 2,000 Marines return home
The 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit came in by boat and by aircraft in such a massive homecoming it happened in waves. Read more on this news related to 'Expeditionary'