Expeditionary Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- (used of military forces) designed for military operations abroad; "the French expeditionary force in Indochina"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Expeditionary'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Expeditionary'
- II Marine Expeditionary Force: The II Marine Expeditionary Force (II MEF) is a Marine Air-Ground Task Force consisting of ground, air and logistics forces capable of projecting offensive
- Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force: Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE). Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force (SHAEF; /ˈʃeɪf/ SHAYF), was the headquarters of the Commander
- British Expeditionary Force: British Expeditionary Force (BEF) may refer to: British Expeditionary Force (World War I), the British field force sent to France in World War I British
- Navy Expeditionary Combat Command: The Navy Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC) serves as the single functional command to centrally manage current and future readiness, resources, manning
- Marine Expeditionary Force: A Marine Expeditionary Force (MEF), formerly known as a Marine Amphibious Force, is the largest type of a Marine Air-Ground Task Force. A MEF is the largest
- I Marine Expeditionary Force: The I Marine Expeditionary Force ("I" pronounced "One") is a Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) of the United States Marine Corps primarily composed
- Marine expeditionary unit: A Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU, pronounced Myuu), formerly called Marine Amphibious Unit (MAU), is the smallest Marine air-ground task force (MAGTF)
- Expeditionary warfare: Expeditionary warfare is the deployment of a state's military to fight abroad, especially away from established bases. Expeditionary forces were in part
- 1st Marine Expeditionary Brigade (United States): 1st Marine Expeditionary Brigade is a unit in the I Marine Expeditionary Force (I MEF) and is the "middleweight" crisis response force of choice in the
Expeditionary Sample Sentences in News
- Invitation to Cover: Expeditionary Learning Convenes Educators to Address How K-12 Students Can Become College- and ...
NEW YORK, Nov. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --What: Expeditionary Learning hosts their national conference (http://elschools.org/nationalconference), bringing together nearly 1,000 teachers and school and district administrators from across the United States. ... Read more on this news related to 'Expeditionary'
- Cabell board may decide on school name
HUNTINGTON After some delay, West Virginia's first expeditionary learning school could have a name this week. Read more on this news related to 'Expeditionary'
- UPDATE: Gas leak secured at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek
Norfolk, Va. - Crews responded to a gas leak on Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek, according to Navy officials. The leak was deemed secure as of 1:40 p.m. Thursday afternoon; operations are now back to normal. At approximately 8:45 a.m. on Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek, a contractor performing renovations to Bldg. 3364, a vacant Child Development […] Read more on this news related to 'Expeditionary'