Expeditionary Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- (used of military forces) designed for military operations abroad; "the French expeditionary force in Indochina"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Expeditionary'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Expeditionary'
- Expeditionary warfare: Expeditionary warfare is the deployment of a state's military to fight abroad, especially away from established bases. Expeditionary forces were in part
- Navy Expeditionary Combat Command: The Navy Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC) serves as the single functional command to centrally manage current and future readiness, resources, manning
- Expeditionary Strike Group: The Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) is a United States Navy concept introduced in the early 1990s, based on the Naval Expeditionary Task Force. The U
- Expeditionary Force: Expeditionary Force is a generic name sometimes applied to a military force dispatched to fight in a foreign country. Notable early adaptations include
- Marine expeditionary unit: A Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU, pronounced "Mew"), formerly called Marine Amphibious Unit (MAU), is the smallest Marine air-ground task force (MAGTF)
- II Marine Expeditionary Force: The II Marine Expeditionary Force (II MEF) is a Marine Air-Ground Task Force consisting of ground, air and logistics forces capable of projecting offensive
- Navy Expeditionary Medal: The Navy Expeditionary Medal is a military award of the United States Navy which was established in August 1936. The General Orders of the Department
- Marine Expeditionary Force: A Marine Expeditionary Force (MEF), formerly known as a Marine Amphibious Force, is the largest type of a Marine Air-Ground Task Force. A MEF is the largest
- Hejaz Expeditionary Force: an Ottoman expeditionary force to Medina. For an Ottoman corps stationed at 'Asir, see Hejaz Corps (Ottoman Empire). The Hejaz Expeditionary Force (Turkish:
- Southern Expeditionary Fleet (Imperial Japanese Navy): The Southern Expeditionary Fleet (南遣艦隊, Nanken Kantai?) was a fleet of the Imperial Japanese Navy, their roles were invasion and maintenance of the public