Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Ewe'
Ewe Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a member of a people living in southern Benin and Togo and southeastern Ghana
- a Kwa language spoken by the Ewe people in Ghana and Togo and Benin
- female sheep
- Ewe \Ewe\, n. [AS. e['o]wu; akin to D. ooi, OHG. awi, ouwi,
Icel. [ae]r, Goth. aw[=e][thorn]i a flock of sheep, awistr a
sheepfold, Lith. avis a sheep, L. ovis, Gr. ?, Skr. avi.
The female of the sheep, and of sheeplike animals.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ewe'
- Ewe language: Ewe (Èʋe or Èʋegbe èβeɡ͡be is a Niger-Congo language spoken in Ghana , Togo and Benin by over five million people Ewe is part of a ...
- Ewe: Ewe or EWE may refer to: Ewe people , an ethnic group in Eastern part of Ghana, Benin and Togo. Ewe music , music of the Ewe people ...
- Ewe people: The Ewe (Eʋeawó "Ewe people", Eʋedukɔ́ "Ewe nation) are a people located in the southeast corner of Ghana , east of the Volta River , in an ...
- Ewe music: Ewe music is the music of the Ewe people of West Africa . Instrumentation is primarily percussive and rhythmically the music features ...
- Loch Ewe: Loch Ewe (Loch Iùbh) is a sea loch on the west coast of the Ross and Cromarty district in the Northwest Highlands of Scotland . ...
- EWE Baskets Oldenburg: EWE Baskets Oldenburg is a professional basketball club that is based in the city of Oldenburg , Germany . The club plays in the ...
- Ewe drumming: Ewe drumming refers to the drum ming ensembles of the Ewe people of Ghana , Togo , and Benin . The Ewe are known for their experience in ...
- St Ewe: St Ewe (Lannewa) is a civil parish and village in mid- Cornwall , United Kingdom . The village is situated approximately five miles (8 km ...
Words and phrases related to 'Ewe'
Ewe Sample Sentences in News
- You are here
Improving genetics and grass utilisation has resulted in an additional 115 ewe lambs achieving target tupping weights at Dinas Island Farm, adding a potential £7,000 to the value of next year’s lamb sales. Read more on this news related to 'Ewe'
- Cooranga keeps buyers happy
THE BEST: Cooranga vendors Nathan James, Alec Ross, Wendy James-Ross and Jim James in the top pen of ewe lambs before the sale. Their ewe lambs topped at $186 and wether lambs at $121. Read more on this news related to 'Ewe'
- Book on total life cycle of biblical figures launched
Christians who speak, read or understand Ewe now have the opportunity to be informed on aspects of the lives of some popular biblical personalities that the Bible is silent on. Read more on this news related to 'Ewe'