Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Ewe'
Ewe Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a member of a people living in southern Benin and Togo and southeastern Ghana
- a Kwa language spoken by the Ewe people in Ghana and Togo and Benin
- female sheep
- Ewe \Ewe\, n. [AS. e['o]wu; akin to D. ooi, OHG. awi, ouwi,
Icel. [ae]r, Goth. aw[=e][thorn]i a flock of sheep, awistr a
sheepfold, Lith. avis a sheep, L. ovis, Gr. ?, Skr. avi.
The female of the sheep, and of sheeplike animals.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ewe'
- Ewe language: Ewe (Èʋe or Èʋegbe èβeɡ͡be is a Niger-Congo language spoken in Ghana , Togo and Benin by over five million people Ewe is part of a ...
- Ewe: Ewe or EWE may refer to: Ewe people , an ethnic group in Eastern part of Ghana, Benin and Togo. Ewe music , music of the Ewe people ...
- Ewe people: The Ewe (Eʋeawó "Ewe people", Eʋedukɔ́ "Ewe nation) are a people located in the southeast corner of Ghana , east of the Volta River , in an ...
- Ewe music: Ewe music is the music of the Ewe people of West Africa . Instrumentation is primarily percussive and rhythmically the music features ...
- Loch Ewe: Loch Ewe (Loch Iùbh) is a sea loch on the west coast of the Ross and Cromarty district in the Northwest Highlands of Scotland . ...
- EWE Baskets Oldenburg: EWE Baskets Oldenburg is a professional basketball club that is based in the city of Oldenburg , Germany . The club plays in the ...
- Ewe drumming: Ewe drumming refers to the drum ming ensembles of the Ewe people of Ghana , Togo , and Benin . The Ewe are known for their experience in ...
- St Ewe: St Ewe (Lannewa) is a civil parish and village in mid- Cornwall , United Kingdom . The village is situated approximately five miles (8 km ...
Words and phrases related to 'Ewe'
Ewe Sample Sentences in News
- Port Gamble gears up for expanded fabrics festival | Port Gamble Gazette
Two women enjoy the atmosphere of the ‘Cozy Corner’ in The Artful Ewe in Port Gamble. Read more on this news related to 'Ewe'
- Good for Ewe Community Garden
Garden projects around the UK: A remote Scottish village on the edge of Loch Ewe grow fresh fruit ’n’ veg for the community Katherine Purvis Read more on this news related to 'Ewe'
- Wye passes-on Corriedale baton
EWE BONANZA: After 40 years the first stage of the Wye Corriedale stud dispersal was conducted on AuctionsPlus last Thursday, with a total clearance of the 2010 to 12-drop ewes. Read more on this news related to 'Ewe'