Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Ewe'
Ewe Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a member of a people living in southern Benin and Togo and southeastern Ghana
- a Kwa language spoken by the Ewe people in Ghana and Togo and Benin
- female sheep
- Ewe \Ewe\, n. [AS. e['o]wu; akin to D. ooi, OHG. awi, ouwi,
Icel. [ae]r, Goth. aw[=e][thorn]i a flock of sheep, awistr a
sheepfold, Lith. avis a sheep, L. ovis, Gr. ?, Skr. avi.
The female of the sheep, and of sheeplike animals.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ewe'
- Ewe language: Ewe (Èʋe or Èʋegbe èβeɡ͡be is a Niger-Congo language spoken in Ghana , Togo and Benin by over five million people Ewe is part of a ...
- Ewe: Ewe or EWE may refer to: Ewe people , an ethnic group in Eastern part of Ghana, Benin and Togo. Ewe music , music of the Ewe people ...
- Ewe people: The Ewe (Eʋeawó "Ewe people", Eʋedukɔ́ "Ewe nation) are a people located in the southeast corner of Ghana , east of the Volta River , in an ...
- Ewe music: Ewe music is the music of the Ewe people of West Africa . Instrumentation is primarily percussive and rhythmically the music features ...
- Loch Ewe: Loch Ewe (Loch Iùbh) is a sea loch on the west coast of the Ross and Cromarty district in the Northwest Highlands of Scotland . ...
- EWE Baskets Oldenburg: EWE Baskets Oldenburg is a professional basketball club that is based in the city of Oldenburg , Germany . The club plays in the ...
- Ewe drumming: Ewe drumming refers to the drum ming ensembles of the Ewe people of Ghana , Togo , and Benin . The Ewe are known for their experience in ...
- St Ewe: St Ewe (Lannewa) is a civil parish and village in mid- Cornwall , United Kingdom . The village is situated approximately five miles (8 km ...
Words and phrases related to 'Ewe'
Ewe Sample Sentences in News
- Oh ewe sheep! Local herd included in study of bighorns across West
The dart swatted the bighorn sheep ewe square on the rump, making her a winner of sorts. Little did the ewe know she had been picked to be included in a multistate study between Wyoming, Colorado and Montana. The Wyoming Game & Fish Department and others are endeavoring to ascertain why bighorn sheep in the Cody region are doing well despite pathogens that can cau Read more on this news related to 'Ewe'
- Ewe beauties: Kingston Maurward welcomes new arrivals as spring lambing season gets underway
The time-honoured tradition of spring lambing is well underway at Kingston Maurward. Ruth Meech witnesses the birth of some new arrivals Read more on this news related to 'Ewe'
- Merinos hit the dusty trail
More than 10,000 merino ewes were yarded at the Tekapo ewe sale yesterday. Read more on this news related to 'Ewe'