Evocative Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- serving to bring to mind; "cannot forbear to close on this redolent literary note"- Wilder Hobson; "a campaign redolent of machine politics"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Evocative'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Evocative'
- Evocative/suppression testing: Evocative/suppression testing refers to a class of tests performed where one substance is measured both before and after the administration of another
Words and phrases related to 'Evocative'
Evocative Sample Sentences in News
- Nearly extinct Pierce-Arrow
One of the most elegant and evocative automobiles of the classic era, a rare 1933 Pierce-Arrow Silver Arrow, will be featured at the second annual Arizona Concours d'Elegance on Jan. 11, 2015, at the historic Arizona Biltmore Resort in Phoenix. Read more on this news related to 'Evocative'
- How To Invent A Catchy Drug Name
Cialis, Celebrex, Ambien, Symbicort — such fanciful and evocative names! Who comes up with these? NPR's Rachel Martin speaks with Gary Martin, president of a pharmaceutical naming agency. Read more on this news related to 'Evocative'
- Impressionist work set to fetch £80,000
AN EVOCATIVE painting by Scottish impressionist William McTaggart is expected to fetch up to £80,000 when it is sold at auction later this month. Read more on this news related to 'Evocative'