Euphemisms Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Euphemisms'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Euphemisms'
- List of English-language euphemisms for profanities: This is a list of notable euphemism s for profanities in the English language . A euphemism is a common word or phrase intended to soften ...
- List of English-language euphemisms for death: This is a list of notable euphemism s for death and dying in the English language . ... Euphemisms are also not to be confused with proverb ...
Euphemisms Sample Sentences in News
- Virus-like euphemisms abound in corporate
"Outsourcing" has mutated into "offshoring". Brace yourselves for "rightshoring". Read more on this news related to 'Euphemisms'
- A cancellation by any other name . . .
The networks are growing increasingly fond of euphemisms. An "encore presentation"? That's a rerun. "Midseason finale"? Means the series is appreciably short on episodes and is going bye-bye for a few months. Read more on this news related to 'Euphemisms'
- Leafs shake up line combinations in effort to raise ‘compete’ level
TORONTO – On Monday, the assistant general manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs was on a local radio station discussing a familiar set of euphemisms. The hockey team, the jewel of a Canadian sports empire worth more than $1 billion, […] Read more on this news related to 'Euphemisms'