Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Erstwhile'
Erstwhile Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : belonging to some prior time; "erstwhile friend"; "our
former glory"; "the once capital of the state"; "her
quondam lover" [syn: erstwhile(a), former(a), once(a),
onetime(a), quondam(a), sometime(a)]
adv : at a previous time; "once he loved her"; "her erstwhile
writing" [syn: once, formerly, at one time, erst]
- Erstwhile \Erst`while"\ (-hw[imac]l"), adv.
Till then or now; heretofore; formerly. [Archaic]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Erstwhile'
- Erstwhile: Erstwhile is a word referring to "In the past; at a former time; formerly." It may also refer to: Erstwhile Records erstwhile.
- Erstwhile Records: Erstwhile Records is an independent record label devoted to free improvisation , particularly the electroacoustic variety. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Erstwhile'
Erstwhile Sample Sentences in News
- Microsoft Rolling out Updates to Nokia X Smartphones
Microsoft has started rolling out new updates to the erstwhile Nokia X budget smartphones line-up. These updates are applicable to users of Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL phones. The Redmond based company has already announced its intention to terminate completely, the erstwhile Nokia X affordable smartphone series which was originally the brainchild of Nokia Read more on this news related to 'Erstwhile'
- Best-Paid Finns Seek Jobless Aid as Recession Pain Widens
Pedestrians walk past promotional material for Nokia Oyj's Windows based Lumia smartphones on display at the company's store in Helsinki. and Google Inc. Finland's erstwhile largest company, Nokia, has sought to control debt growth by selling its mobile phone business to Microsoft. Read more on this news related to 'Erstwhile'
- Colachal war anniversary to be observed
The victory of the forces of erstwhile Travancore against the Dutch navy in 1741 —known as the Colachal war — would be commemorated this year on July 31 at the Colachal war memorial. Read more on this news related to 'Erstwhile'