Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Erstwhile'
Erstwhile Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : belonging to some prior time; "erstwhile friend"; "our
former glory"; "the once capital of the state"; "her
quondam lover" [syn: erstwhile(a), former(a), once(a),
onetime(a), quondam(a), sometime(a)]
adv : at a previous time; "once he loved her"; "her erstwhile
writing" [syn: once, formerly, at one time, erst]
- Erstwhile \Erst`while"\ (-hw[imac]l"), adv.
Till then or now; heretofore; formerly. [Archaic]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Erstwhile'
- Erstwhile: Erstwhile is a word referring to "In the past; at a former time; formerly." It may also refer to: Erstwhile Records erstwhile.
- Erstwhile Records: Erstwhile Records is an independent record label devoted to free improvisation , particularly the electroacoustic variety. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Erstwhile'
Erstwhile Sample Sentences in News
- KP rejoins the county set as he looks forward to a summer with Surrey
While his erstwhile England team-mates are toiling in West Indies, Kevin Pietersen is gearing up for a new season among the county set. Read more on this news related to 'Erstwhile'
- Gavaskar wants Flecher fired, Dravid hired
Former captain Sunil Gavaskar has insisted India replace head coach Duncan Fletcher with erstwhile skipper Rahul Dravid. Read more on this news related to 'Erstwhile'
- Nitish Kumar Rules Out Tie-Up With BJP
Taking the ongoing war of words between the two erstwhile allies to a logical conclusion, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today ruled out a tie up with BJP in the future, saying the chapter was closed forever irrespective of any consequences. Read more on this news related to 'Erstwhile'