Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Equalize'
- compensate; make the score equal [syn: equalise, get even]
- make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching; "let's equalize the duties among all employees in this office"; "The company matched the discount policy of its competitors" [syn: equal, match, equalise, equate]
- Equalize \E"qual*ize\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Equalized; p. pr. &
vb. n. Equalizing.] [Cf. F. ['e]galiser.]
- To make equal; to cause to correspond, or be like, in amount or degree as compared; as, to equalize accounts, burdens, or taxes. One poor moment can suffice To equalize the lofty and the low. --Wordsworth. No system of instruction will completely equalize natural powers. --Whately.
- To pronounce equal; to compare as equal. Which we equalize, and perhaps would willingly prefer to the Iliad. --Orrery.
- To be equal to; equal; to match. [Obs.] It could not equalize the hundredth part Of what her eyes have kindled in my heart. --Waller. Equalizing bar (Railroad Mach.), a lever connecting two axle boxes, or two springs in a car truck or locomotive, to equalize the pressure on the axles.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Equalize'
Equalize is an Urban Desi album by the critically-acclaimed UK band Swami released on September 24, 2007.
The album was very widely anticipated, due to the massive success of their two previous albums, 2004's DesiRock, and 2005's So Who Am I (a re-mixed version of DesiRock)
The tracklisting was confirmed on April 16, 2007 by BBC Radio 1 DJ Nihal, and the name was confirmed on May 8 2007, by bandmember DJ Swami on the official Swami forum.
The album features South African vocalist Ishmael, French rap group Asuivre, Sonia Panesar, Lady Ru, Romesh Chohan, Bobby Panesar, El Feco, Pras of The Fugees, MC Spee of Dreadzone, Yam Boy, Boostylz, as well as Swami vocalists S-Endz and Sups.[See more about Equalize at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Equalize'
Equalize Sample Sentences in News
- Kansas court orders more school spending to equalize aid
The state's highest court ruled Friday that funding disparities between school districts violated the state Constitution and ordered the Legislature to spend more than $125 million to bridge the gap, setting the stage for a messy budget battle in the Capitol this year. Read more on this news related to 'Equalize'
- Lapid's fraudulent effort to 'equalize the burden’
The only proper solution to the problem of Israeli military conscription: Equal service for all - secular, religious Zionist or Haredi. Read more on this news related to 'Equalize'
- Money for Utah school equalization hijacked for tech initiative
A hijacking of sorts occurred in the Utah Senate Tuesday. Senators approved taking perhaps hundreds of millions of dollars that were targeted to help equalize funding for schools around the state over the next four years, and earmarked it instead for a drive pushed by House Speaker Becky Lockhart to put more technology in schools. Lockhart was surprised by the mov Read more on this news related to 'Equalize'