Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Endorsement'
Endorsement Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a promotional statement (as found on the dust jackets of books); "the author got all his friends to write blurbs for his book" [syn: indorsement, blurb]
- a speech seconding a motion; "do I hear a second?" [syn: second, secondment, indorsement]
- formal and explicit approval; "a Democrat usually gets the union's endorsement" [syn: sanction, countenance, indorsement, warrant, imprimatur]
- a signature that validates something; "the cashier would not cash the check without an endorsement" [syn: indorsement]
- the act of endorsing; "a star athlete can make a lot of money from endorsements" [syn: indorsement]
- Indorsement \In*dorse"ment\, n. [From Indorse; cf.
Endorsement.] [Written also endorsement.]
- The act of writing on the back of a note, bill, or other written instrument.
- That which is written on the back of a note, bill, or other paper, as a name, an order for, or a receipt of, payment, or the return of an officer, etc.; a writing, usually upon the back, but sometimes on the face, of a negotiable instrument, by which the property therein is assigned and transferred. --Story. Byles. Burrill.
- Sanction, support, or approval; as, the indorsement of a rumor, an opinion, a course, conduct. Blank indorsement. See under Blank.
- Endorsement \En*dorse"ment\, n. [Cf. F. endossement.]
Same as Indorsement.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Endorsement'
- Endorsement: Endorsement (alternatively spelt indorsement) may refer to: ... Political endorsement a form added to an insurance policy , modifying the terms ...
- Political endorsement: Political endorsement is the action of publicly declaring one's personal or group's support of a candidate for elected office . ...
- Endorsement test: The endorsement test proposed by United States Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor in the 1984 case of Lynch v. Donnelly asks ...
- Blank endorsement: Blank endorsement of a financial instrument such as a check is only a signature , not indicating the payee . The effect of this is that ...
- List of Barack Obama presidential campaign endorsements, 2008: This is a list of prominent groups who formally endorsed or voiced support for ... Campaign endorsements: Congressional endorsements for the ...
- List of John McCain presidential campaign endorsements, 2008: John McCain , the nominee of the Republican party in the 2008 United States presidential election , has gained the endorsements of many ...
- Oprah Winfrey's endorsement of Barack Obama: Oprah Winfrey ’s endorsement of Barack Obama was one of the most widely covered and studied developments of the 2008 presidential campaign ...
- Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification schemes: The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) is an independent ... After the successful endorsement of certification systems ...
Words and phrases related to 'Endorsement'