Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Endorsement'
Endorsement Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a promotional statement (as found on the dust jackets of books); "the author got all his friends to write blurbs for his book" [syn: indorsement, blurb]
- a speech seconding a motion; "do I hear a second?" [syn: second, secondment, indorsement]
- formal and explicit approval; "a Democrat usually gets the union's endorsement" [syn: sanction, countenance, indorsement, warrant, imprimatur]
- a signature that validates something; "the cashier would not cash the check without an endorsement" [syn: indorsement]
- the act of endorsing; "a star athlete can make a lot of money from endorsements" [syn: indorsement]
- Indorsement \In*dorse"ment\, n. [From Indorse; cf.
Endorsement.] [Written also endorsement.]
- The act of writing on the back of a note, bill, or other written instrument.
- That which is written on the back of a note, bill, or other paper, as a name, an order for, or a receipt of, payment, or the return of an officer, etc.; a writing, usually upon the back, but sometimes on the face, of a negotiable instrument, by which the property therein is assigned and transferred. --Story. Byles. Burrill.
- Sanction, support, or approval; as, the indorsement of a rumor, an opinion, a course, conduct. Blank indorsement. See under Blank.
- Endorsement \En*dorse"ment\, n. [Cf. F. endossement.]
Same as Indorsement.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Endorsement'
- Endorsement: Endorsement (alternatively spelt indorsement) may refer to: ... Political endorsement a form added to an insurance policy , modifying the terms ...
- Political endorsement: Political endorsement is the action of publicly declaring one's personal or group's support of a candidate for elected office . ...
- Endorsement test: The endorsement test proposed by United States Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor in the 1984 case of Lynch v. Donnelly asks ...
- Blank endorsement: Blank endorsement of a financial instrument such as a check is only a signature , not indicating the payee . The effect of this is that ...
- List of Barack Obama presidential campaign endorsements, 2008: This is a list of prominent groups who formally endorsed or voiced support for ... Campaign endorsements: Congressional endorsements for the ...
- List of John McCain presidential campaign endorsements, 2008: John McCain , the nominee of the Republican party in the 2008 United States presidential election , has gained the endorsements of many ...
- Oprah Winfrey's endorsement of Barack Obama: Oprah Winfrey ’s endorsement of Barack Obama was one of the most widely covered and studied developments of the 2008 presidential campaign ...
- Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification schemes: The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) is an independent ... After the successful endorsement of certification systems ...
Words and phrases related to 'Endorsement'
Endorsement Sample Sentences in News
- Manziel inks multiyear endorsement deal with Nike
Manziel inks multiyear endorsement deal with Nike Read more on this news related to 'Endorsement'
- Dillard gets government union endorsement
Republican governor candidate Kirk Dillard today got the endorsement of the American Federation of State, County and Muncipal Employees Council 31, firmly establishing himself as the public union’s pick against frontrunner Bruce Rauner. Read more on this news related to 'Endorsement'
- Health Quality Group Rethinks Drug Endorsement
by Marshall Allen Modifying its previous stance, the National Quality Forum is considering whether to drop its endorsement of a surgical antiseptic that was at the center of kickback allegations in January. The nonprofit Quality Forum said today that the option is among several steps it is taking to guard against conflicts of interest in its process for recommendi Read more on this news related to 'Endorsement'