Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Endorsement'
Endorsement Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a promotional statement (as found on the dust jackets of books); "the author got all his friends to write blurbs for his book" [syn: indorsement, blurb]
- a speech seconding a motion; "do I hear a second?" [syn: second, secondment, indorsement]
- formal and explicit approval; "a Democrat usually gets the union's endorsement" [syn: sanction, countenance, indorsement, warrant, imprimatur]
- a signature that validates something; "the cashier would not cash the check without an endorsement" [syn: indorsement]
- the act of endorsing; "a star athlete can make a lot of money from endorsements" [syn: indorsement]
- Indorsement \In*dorse"ment\, n. [From Indorse; cf.
Endorsement.] [Written also endorsement.]
- The act of writing on the back of a note, bill, or other written instrument.
- That which is written on the back of a note, bill, or other paper, as a name, an order for, or a receipt of, payment, or the return of an officer, etc.; a writing, usually upon the back, but sometimes on the face, of a negotiable instrument, by which the property therein is assigned and transferred. --Story. Byles. Burrill.
- Sanction, support, or approval; as, the indorsement of a rumor, an opinion, a course, conduct. Blank indorsement. See under Blank.
- Endorsement \En*dorse"ment\, n. [Cf. F. endossement.]
Same as Indorsement.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Endorsement'
- Endorsement: Endorsement (alternatively spelt indorsement) may refer to: ... Political endorsement a form added to an insurance policy , modifying the terms ...
- Political endorsement: Political endorsement is the action of publicly declaring one's personal or group's support of a candidate for elected office . ...
- Endorsement test: The endorsement test proposed by United States Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor in the 1984 case of Lynch v. Donnelly asks ...
- Blank endorsement: Blank endorsement of a financial instrument such as a check is only a signature , not indicating the payee . The effect of this is that ...
- List of Barack Obama presidential campaign endorsements, 2008: This is a list of prominent groups who formally endorsed or voiced support for ... Campaign endorsements: Congressional endorsements for the ...
- List of John McCain presidential campaign endorsements, 2008: John McCain , the nominee of the Republican party in the 2008 United States presidential election , has gained the endorsements of many ...
- Oprah Winfrey's endorsement of Barack Obama: Oprah Winfrey ’s endorsement of Barack Obama was one of the most widely covered and studied developments of the 2008 presidential campaign ...
- Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification schemes: The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) is an independent ... After the successful endorsement of certification systems ...
Words and phrases related to 'Endorsement'
Endorsement Sample Sentences in News
- Espaillat slams Bill Clinton’s endorsement of Rangel
State Sen. Adriano Espaillat criticized Bill Clinton Wednesday for endorsing Rep. Charles Rangel, saying the former president and his wife, former Secertary of State Hillary Clinton, were “not on the... Read more on this news related to 'Endorsement'
- Charles Rangel picks up key endorsement
Rep. Charles Rangel is picking up a key endorsement from popular Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer, The Post has learned. “I’m loyal to Charlie Rangel. He’s done a good job... Read more on this news related to 'Endorsement'
- Great American Insurance Group Introduces Enhanced Signature Endorsement for Human and Social Service Organizations
Great American Insurance Group is pleased to announce the launch of its enhanced Signature property broadening endorsement for human and social service organizations. The enhanced Read more on this news related to 'Endorsement'