Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Encumbering'
Encumbering Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Encumber \En*cum"ber\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Encumbered; p. pr.
& vb. n. Encumbering.] [F. encombrer; pref. en- (L. in) +
OF. combrer to hinder. See Cumber, and cf. Incumber.]
[Written also incumber.]
- To impede the motion or action of, as with a burden; to retard with something superfluous; to weigh down; to obstruct or embarrass; as, his movements were encumbered by his mantle; his mind is encumbered with useless learning. Not encumbered with any notable inconvenience. --Hooker.
- To load with debts, or other legal claims; as, to encumber an estate with mortgages. Syn: To load; clog; oppress; overload; embarrass; perplex; hinder; retard; obstruct; check; block.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Encumbering'
Words and phrases related to 'Encumbering'
Encumbering Sample Sentences in News
- Reduce unnecessary regulations in O&G sector to boost productivity
KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 29 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC) has voiced concern on the regulatory burdens encumbering the oil an gas (O&G) industry. Read more on this news related to 'Encumbering'
- Site Last Updated 2:26 am, Saturday
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC) has voiced concern on the regulatory burdens encumbering the oil and gas (O&G) industry. Read more on this news related to 'Encumbering'
- Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. Announces Closing Of A Ten-Year, $115 Million Loan Secured By The InterContinental ...
CHICAGO, Sept. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Inc. (BEE) today announced that it has closed a ten-year, $115.0 million limited recourse loan secured by the InterContinental Miami hotel. The Company had recently repaid the $85.0 million financing previously encumbering the property. Under the terms of the agreement, the loan bears interest at Read more on this news related to 'Encumbering'