Encroach Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- advance beyond the usual limit
- impinge or infringe upon; "This impinges on my rights as an individual"; "This matter entrenches on other domains"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Encroach'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Encroach'
- Encroachment: Encroachment is a term which implies "advance beyond proper limits," and may have different interpretations depending on the context. Encroachment may
Words and phrases related to 'Encroach'
Encroach Sample Sentences in News
- Centre can’t forward names for judge posts: petition
Judicial activism cannot encroach on other limbs of democracy. It is itself counter-productive to the doctrine of separation of powers among the executive, legislature and the judiciary, the Madras... Read more on this news related to 'Encroach'
- Municipality foils ploy by land sharks to encroach on govt land
Jeddah Mayor Hani Abu Ras has announced that the municipality has foiled attempts by land sharks to encroach on nearly 4 million square meters of government lands. He said the plots of land were located in an area that fell under the jurisdiction of the branch municipality of South Jeddah. "We will continue our strenuous efforts to protect government lands fr Read more on this news related to 'Encroach'
- Don't encroach on executive turf, Modi govt tells SC
Narendra Modi govt on Wednesday told SC not to encroach into executive’s domain and suggested that judiciary would do better by devising ways and means to tackle massive pendency of cases. Read more on this news related to 'Encroach'