Encroach Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- advance beyond the usual limit
- impinge or infringe upon; "This impinges on my rights as an individual"; "This matter entrenches on other domains"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Encroach'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Encroach'
- Encroachment: Encroachment is a term which implies "advance beyond proper limits," and may have different interpretations depending on the context. Encroachment may
Words and phrases related to 'Encroach'
Encroach Sample Sentences in News
- Illegal fishermen encroach on world’s most isolated tribe
Due to their isolation the Sentinelese of India's Andaman Islands are the most vulnerable society on the planet. They face increasing threats from illegal fishermen who are targeting their waters. Read more on this news related to 'Encroach'
- AMU students take out march against proposed BJP event
Hundreds of students of Aligarh Muslim University on Friday took out a march against what they described as an attempt by BJP leaders to "polarise" society and claimed that Raja Mahendra Pratap's name was being misused to "encroach" upon the autonomy of the central university. Read more on this news related to 'Encroach'
- US wars encroach upon civil liberties
US politicians and pundits are fond of saying that America’s wars have defended America’s freedom. But the historical record doesn’t bear out this contention. In fact, over the past century, US wars have triggered major encroachments upon civil liberties. Read more on this news related to 'Encroach'