Emphatic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- forceful and definite in expression or action; "the document contained a particularly emphatic guarantee of religious liberty"
- sudden and strong; "an emphatic no"
- spoken with emphasis; "an emphatic word"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Emphatic'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Emphatic'
- Emphatic consonant: In Semitic linguistics, an emphatic consonant is an obstruent consonant which originally contrasted with series of both voiced and voiceless obstruents
- Emphatic Diaglott: The Emphatic Diaglott is a diaglot, or two-language polyglot translation, of the New Testament by Benjamin Wilson, first published in 1864. It is an interlinear
- Emphatic (band): Emphatic is an American hard rock band from Omaha. Their major label debut record Damage for Atlantic reached No. 9 on Billboard Top Heatseekers chart
- Another Life (Emphatic album): Life is the third full-length studio album by American hard rock band Emphatic, released October 22, 2013. A follow-up to their major label debut Damage
Words and phrases related to 'Emphatic'
Emphatic Sample Sentences in News
- Rafael Nadal Advances With Emphatic Win at Australian Open
Nadal advances with emphatic win at Australian Open; Federer, Sharapova into 2nd round Read more on this news related to 'Emphatic'
- Dow gains 200-plus points to put emphatic end to losing streak
Dow gains 200-plus points to put emphatic end to losing streak Read more on this news related to 'Emphatic'
- Everett 7, Vancouver 1
Well, that was an emphatic homecoming. Read more on this news related to 'Emphatic'