Emphatic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- forceful and definite in expression or action; "the document contained a particularly emphatic guarantee of religious liberty"
- sudden and strong; "an emphatic no"
- spoken with emphasis; "an emphatic word"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Emphatic'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Emphatic'
- Emphatic consonant: In Semitic linguistics, an emphatic consonant is an obstruent consonant which originally contrasted with series of both voiced and voiceless obstruents
- Emphatic Diaglott: The Emphatic Diaglott is a diaglot, or two-language polyglot translation, of the New Testament by Benjamin Wilson, first published in 1864. It is an interlinear
- Emphatic (band): Emphatic is an American hard rock band from Omaha. Their major label debut record Damage for Atlantic reached No. 9 on Billboard Top Heatseekers chart
Words and phrases related to 'Emphatic'
Emphatic Sample Sentences in News
- Northwestern routs Mississippi Valley State 101-49
EVANSTON, Ill. (AP) -- Northwestern needed an emphatic win Sunday evening. Alex Olah and the Wildcats left little doubt they would get one. Read more on this news related to 'Emphatic'
- Clippers Respond to Donald Sterling Rant: Audio Tape Does Not 'Reflect His Views'
"Mr. Sterling is emphatic that what is reflected on that recording is not consistent with, nor does it reflect his views, beliefs or feelings," the statement reads. read more Read more on this news related to 'Emphatic'
- Southampton 3 Everton 0, match report: Graziano Pelle on target again as Saints seal emphatic win
Southampton 3 Everton 0: Ronald Koeman's side continue their push for a top-four spot with impressive victory Read more on this news related to 'Emphatic'