Emphatic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- forceful and definite in expression or action; "the document contained a particularly emphatic guarantee of religious liberty"
- sudden and strong; "an emphatic no"
- spoken with emphasis; "an emphatic word"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Emphatic'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Emphatic'
- Emphatic consonant: In Semitic linguistics, an emphatic consonant is an obstruent consonant which originally contrasted with series of both voiced and voiceless obstruents
- Emphatic Diaglott: The Emphatic Diaglott is a diaglot, or two-language polyglot translation, of the New Testament by Benjamin Wilson, first published in 1864. It is an interlinear
- HMS Emphatic (W 154): HMS Emphatic (W 154) was a Favourite-class tugboat of the Royal Navy during World War II. Emphatic was built in the United States and transferred to the
- Emphatic (band): Emphatic was an American hard rock band from Omaha, founded by guitarist-songwriter Justin McCain in 2004. Their major label debut record Damage for Atlantic
- Another Life (Emphatic album): the third and final full-length studio album by American hard rock band Emphatic, released October 22, 2013. A follow-up to their major label debut Damage
Words and phrases related to 'Emphatic'