Emphatic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- forceful and definite in expression or action; "the document contained a particularly emphatic guarantee of religious liberty"
- sudden and strong; "an emphatic no"
- spoken with emphasis; "an emphatic word"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Emphatic'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Emphatic'
- Emphatic consonant: In Semitic linguistics , an emphatic consonant is an obstruent consonant which originally contrasted with series of both voiced and ...
- Emphatic (band): Emphatic is an American hard rock band from Omaha , currently signed with Epochal/Capitol Records. Their major label debut record Damage ...
Words and phrases related to 'Emphatic'
Emphatic Sample Sentences in News
- Coric stuns Nadal in Basel, Federer through
BASEL Switzerland (Reuters) - Croatian wunderkind Borna Coric offered emphatic proof of his potential when he crushed Rafa Nadal in the Swiss Indoor tournament on Friday before local hero Roger Federer cruised into the last four. The 17-year-old Coric, already being called 'Baby Djokovic' because of similarities with world number one Novak Djokovic, gave a Read more on this news related to 'Emphatic'
- Soccer-Clinical Welbeck answers critics in emphatic fashion
LONDON, Oct 1 (Reuters) - Danny Welbeck answered critics who have questioned his goalscoring ability in emphatic fashion on Wednesday with his first senior hat-trick in Arsenal's 4-1 win over Galatasaray in the Champions League. The 23-year-old England international has impressed with his work rate and link-up play since signing from Manchester United on trans Read more on this news related to 'Emphatic'
- Football - Emphatic Cambridge thump Oxford
Cambridge produced an emphatic display to beat Oxford 5-1 and secure back-to-back wins for the first time this season. Read more on this news related to 'Emphatic'