Emphatic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- forceful and definite in expression or action; "the document contained a particularly emphatic guarantee of religious liberty"
- sudden and strong; "an emphatic no"
- spoken with emphasis; "an emphatic word"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Emphatic'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Emphatic'
- Emphatic consonant: In Semitic linguistics , an emphatic consonant is an obstruent consonant which originally contrasted with series of both voiced and ...
- Emphatic (band): Emphatic is an American hard rock band from Omaha , currently signed with Epochal/Capitol Records. Their major label debut record Damage ...
Words and phrases related to 'Emphatic'