Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Empathetic'
Empathetic Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : showing empathy or ready comprehension of others' states; "a
sensitive and empathetic school counselor" [syn: empathic]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Empathetic'
- Empathetic sound: Empathetic sound in a film is sound—music or sound effects—whose mood matches the mood of the present action or scene, such as a sad song ...
- Anempathetic sound: Anempathetic sound in a film is the opposite of empathetic sound : sound—music or sound effects—that seems to exhibit a conspicuous ...
Words and phrases related to 'Empathetic'
Empathetic Sample Sentences in News
- 5 Empathetic Strategies To Inspire Climate Action Now
Despite the economic risks of climate change, the response to global warming tends to be “flight” rather than “fight.” Experts on the economy (including three former U.S. treasury secretaries, Mike Bloomberg, and hedge fund manager-turned-philanthropist Tom Steyer) have recently called on the business community to lead the way in reducing [...] Read more on this news related to 'Empathetic'
- Andrea Pirlo and his beard are silently judging people
Many people think Simon Cowell and his brutally honest comments make for for the harshest judgement, but Andrea Pirlo's bearded silence make Cowell seem like an empathetic kindergarten teacher. Read more on this news related to 'Empathetic'
- How can authorities restore order in Ferguson?
They've lined the streets with police in riot gear, brought in a new black commander with an empathetic manner, imposed a curfew, lifted it and deployed the National Guard. But violence is still erupting nightly in Ferguson, Missouri. Read more on this news related to 'Empathetic'