Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Empathetic'
Empathetic Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : showing empathy or ready comprehension of others' states; "a
sensitive and empathetic school counselor" [syn: empathic]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Empathetic'
- Empathetic sound: Empathetic sound in a film is sound—music or sound effects—whose mood matches the mood of the present action or scene, such as a sad song ...
- Anempathetic sound: Anempathetic sound in a film is the opposite of empathetic sound : sound—music or sound effects—that seems to exhibit a conspicuous ...
Words and phrases related to 'Empathetic'
Empathetic Sample Sentences in News
- 'Hannibal' Mood Map: Back to Normal?
Will Graham is a nutty ultra-empathetic FBI consultant who helps profile serial killer cases, and the ultra-intelligent psychotic killer Hannibal Lecter is his shrink, still living a publicly normal life. Mason and Margot are characters from the Thomas Harris book Hannibal, the third in the series and very far in the future for Fuller to be reaching. Read more on this news related to 'Empathetic'
- Monday Profile: Jonathan Evans, City Manager in Haines City, Seeks Compromise
At 33, Jonathan Evans, the city manager in Haines City, has already acquired skills that should serve him well for the rest of his career in public service: He's an empathetic listener, a skilled verbal communicator and never holds a grudge. Read more on this news related to 'Empathetic'
- Boston Globe wins Pulitzer for bombing coverage
An award that usually is met with cheers and jubilation instead came with a moment of silence, as The Boston Globe won the Pulitzer Prize for breaking news for its "exhaustive and empathetic" ... Read more on this news related to 'Empathetic'