Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Empathetic'
Empathetic Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : showing empathy or ready comprehension of others' states; "a
sensitive and empathetic school counselor" [syn: empathic]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Empathetic'
- Empathetic sound: Empathetic sound in a film is sound—music or sound effects—whose mood matches the mood of the present action or scene, such as a sad song ...
- Anempathetic sound: Anempathetic sound in a film is the opposite of empathetic sound : sound—music or sound effects—that seems to exhibit a conspicuous ...
Words and phrases related to 'Empathetic'
Empathetic Sample Sentences in News
- Empathetic approach yields results for Missouri's at-risk youths
Missouri's model of teaching, rather than punishing juvenile offenders has led to low recidivism rates and positive results. Read more Read more on this news related to 'Empathetic'
- Weird! Robot 'Emotions' Mirrored by Humans
Without thinking, humans tend to mimic the facial expressions of others. This empathetic response is so strong that people might even instinctively copy the facial expressions of creepy robots, a new study suggests. Researchers observed how students interacted with a robot made to look like physicist Albert Einstein to explore the phenomenon of facial mimicry. Thi Read more on this news related to 'Empathetic'
- Louis van Gaal knows where his loyalty must lie, not to Busby, Best and the Babes... but the balance sheet
PATRICK COLLINS: Louis van Gaal is ‘a democratic, empathetic human being’. He has a ‘strong personality’ as well as a ‘strong philosophy’ and he believes he can ‘live up to all the expectations’. And with that unrevealing self-portrait, one of the most significant men in British sport introduced himself to his public. Read more on this news related to 'Empathetic'