Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Emission'
Emission Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the act of emitting; causing to flow forth [syn: emanation]
- a substance that is emitted or released [syn: discharge]
- the release of electrons from parent atoms
- any of several bodily processes by which substances go out of the body; "the discharge of pus" [syn: discharge, expelling]
- the occurrence of a flow of water (as from a pipe)
- Emission \E*mis"sion\, n. [L. emissio: cf. F. ['e]mission. See
- The act of sending or throwing out; the act of sending forth or putting into circulation; issue; as, the emission of light from the sun; the emission of heat from a fire; the emission of bank notes.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Emission'
- Emission: Emission may refer to: Flue gas , also: Exhaust gas , flue gas occurring as a result of the combustion of a fuel. Emission of air pollutant s ...
- Emission spectrum: The emission spectrum of a chemical element or chemical compound is the spectrum of frequencies of electromagnetic radiation emitted by ...
- Emission standard: Emission standards are requirements that set specific limits to the amount of pollutants that can be released into the environment. ...
- Vehicle emissions control: Vehicle emissions control is the study and practice of reducing the motor vehicle emissions - emissions produced by motor vehicle s, ...
- Thermionic emission: Thermionic emission is the heat-induced flow of charge carriers from a surface or over a potential-energy barrier. This occurs because ...
- Emission nebula: An emission nebula is a cloud of ionized gas emitting light of various colors. The most common source of ionization is high-energy ...
- Stimulated emission: In optics , stimulated emission is the process by which an atomic electron (or an excited molecular state) interacting with an ...
Words and phrases related to 'Emission'