Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Emission'
Emission Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the act of emitting; causing to flow forth [syn: emanation]
- a substance that is emitted or released [syn: discharge]
- the release of electrons from parent atoms
- any of several bodily processes by which substances go out of the body; "the discharge of pus" [syn: discharge, expelling]
- the occurrence of a flow of water (as from a pipe)
- Emission \E*mis"sion\, n. [L. emissio: cf. F. ['e]mission. See
- The act of sending or throwing out; the act of sending forth or putting into circulation; issue; as, the emission of light from the sun; the emission of heat from a fire; the emission of bank notes.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Emission'
- Emission: Emission may refer to: Flue gas , also: Exhaust gas , flue gas occurring as a result of the combustion of a fuel. Emission of air pollutant s ...
- Emission spectrum: The emission spectrum of a chemical element or chemical compound is the spectrum of frequencies of electromagnetic radiation emitted by ...
- Emission standard: Emission standards are requirements that set specific limits to the amount of pollutants that can be released into the environment. ...
- Vehicle emissions control: Vehicle emissions control is the study and practice of reducing the motor vehicle emissions - emissions produced by motor vehicle s, ...
- Thermionic emission: Thermionic emission is the heat-induced flow of charge carriers from a surface or over a potential-energy barrier. This occurs because ...
- Emission nebula: An emission nebula is a cloud of ionized gas emitting light of various colors. The most common source of ionization is high-energy ...
- Stimulated emission: In optics , stimulated emission is the process by which an atomic electron (or an excited molecular state) interacting with an ...
Words and phrases related to 'Emission'
Emission Sample Sentences in News
- Decisions on Kyoto Protocol emission units announced
Acting Minister for Climate Change Issues Simon Bridges today announced decisions to restrict the use of some types of Kyoto Protocol emission units within New Zealand’s Emissions Trading Scheme. "Decisions in the international climate change negotiations in Doha last year, including restrictions on New Zealand’s ability to trade any international Kyoto u Read more on this news related to 'Emission'
- Decisions on Kyoto Protocol emission units
Acting Minister for Climate Change Issues Simon Bridges today announced decisions to restrict the use of some types of Kyoto Protocol emission units within New Zealand’s Emissions Trading Scheme. Read more on this news related to 'Emission'
- Big Oil Braces for 10-Fold Surge in Carbon Emission Costs
International oil producers are bracing for carbon emission costs to soar to almost 10 times current prices in Europe, the world’s largest greenhouse gas market, as governments around the world escalate efforts to curb climate change. Read more on this news related to 'Emission'