Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Emerged'
Emerged Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Emerge \E*merge"\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Emerged; p. pr. & vb.
n. Emerging.] [L. emergere, emersum; e out + mergere to
dip, plunge. See Merge.]
To rise out of a fluid; to come forth from that in which
anything has been plunged, enveloped, or concealed; to issue
and appear; as, to emerge from the water or the ocean; the
sun emerges from behind the moon in an eclipse; to emerge
from poverty or obscurity. ``Thetis . . . emerging from the
Those who have emerged from very low, some from the
lowest, classes of society. --Burke.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Emerged'
- Orpheus Emerged: Orpheus Emerged is a novella written by Jack Kerouac in 1945 when he was at Columbia University ; however it was not published until 2002 ...
- Emerged Democracy Party of British Columbia: The Emerged Democracy Party of British Columbia was a fringe political party in the province of British Columbia , Canada , formed in 2004 ...
Words and phrases related to 'Emerged'
Emerged Sample Sentences in News
- Cotabato City is among top 50 most competitive cities in PH
COTABATO CITY, Philippines -- The city still emerged as among the most competitive cities in the country for 2014 despite the bad perceptions due to the incidence of violence here, such as the August 19 bomb blast that injured several people. The competitiveness index is a yearly endeavor by the government-and-privately-led National Competitiveness Council, whi Read more on this news related to 'Emerged'
- Mother of US reporter in Syria begs for his life
BEIRUT (AP) — The mother of a hostage American journalist pleaded for his release Wednesday in a video directed at the Islamic State group, while new images emerged of mass killings, including masked militants shooting kneeling men after the capture of a strategic air base in Syria. Read more on this news related to 'Emerged'
- Titans D-lineman Casey rewarded with four-year extension, $36M
Tennessee Titans defensive lineman Jurrell Casey emerged last season as one of the league's most underrated defenders, but he's now an extremely well-paid one. Read more on this news related to 'Emerged'