Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Emerged'
Emerged Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Emerge \E*merge"\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Emerged; p. pr. & vb.
n. Emerging.] [L. emergere, emersum; e out + mergere to
dip, plunge. See Merge.]
To rise out of a fluid; to come forth from that in which
anything has been plunged, enveloped, or concealed; to issue
and appear; as, to emerge from the water or the ocean; the
sun emerges from behind the moon in an eclipse; to emerge
from poverty or obscurity. ``Thetis . . . emerging from the
Those who have emerged from very low, some from the
lowest, classes of society. --Burke.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Emerged'
- Orpheus Emerged: Orpheus Emerged is a novella written by Jack Kerouac in 1945 when he was at Columbia University ; however it was not published until 2002 ...
- Emerged Democracy Party of British Columbia: The Emerged Democracy Party of British Columbia was a fringe political party in the province of British Columbia , Canada , formed in 2004 ...
Words and phrases related to 'Emerged'
Emerged Sample Sentences in News
- Rand Paul outlines potential 2016 platform after CPAC straw poll win
Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, who has emerged as a potential 2016 GOP presidential frontrunner, inched closer Sunday to a full-fledged contender, outlining a likely platform that would appeal to young voters and knocking back criticism that he’s soft on foreign policy. Read more on this news related to 'Emerged'
- The most affordable Caribbean destination for families this spring
Puerto Rico has emerged as the cheapest Caribbean vacation this spring in a newly released travel index that offers a breakdown of the most affordable tropical destinations for a family of four. Families looking to escape the seemingly interminable grip of winter with a budget vacation over the spring break may want to consider booking a sunshine getaway to Puerto Read more on this news related to 'Emerged'
- Manulife Sentiment survey finds PH investors ‘most optimistic’ in Asia
Philippine investors emerged as the most optimistic in the region, lifting the overall regional investor sentiment in the fourth quarter of 2013, according to the latest Manulife Investor Sentiment Index (MISI) for Asia. The 4th quarter MISI comprising investors from China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan rose to 16, from 15 in the thir Read more on this news related to 'Emerged'