Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Emerged'
Emerged Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Emerge \E*merge"\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Emerged; p. pr. & vb.
n. Emerging.] [L. emergere, emersum; e out + mergere to
dip, plunge. See Merge.]
To rise out of a fluid; to come forth from that in which
anything has been plunged, enveloped, or concealed; to issue
and appear; as, to emerge from the water or the ocean; the
sun emerges from behind the moon in an eclipse; to emerge
from poverty or obscurity. ``Thetis . . . emerging from the
Those who have emerged from very low, some from the
lowest, classes of society. --Burke.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Emerged'
- Orpheus Emerged: Orpheus Emerged is a novella written by Jack Kerouac in 1945 when he was at Columbia University ; however it was not published until 2002 ...
- Emerged Democracy Party of British Columbia: The Emerged Democracy Party of British Columbia was a fringe political party in the province of British Columbia , Canada , formed in 2004 ...
Words and phrases related to 'Emerged'
Emerged Sample Sentences in News
- Emails Track How Erroneous Benghazi Talking Points Emerged
The White House's release of e-mails this week was intended to settle questions regarding the administration's response to the attack on the Benghazi consulate in September. But while some questions may have been laid to rest, others remain and will feed a critical story line. Read more on this news related to 'Emerged'
- Harston & Newton are high achievers
Harston & Newton Primary School emerged as overall winners of the annual South Cambs School Sports Partnership’s High Five Netball League after a series of strong performances throughout the season. Read more on this news related to 'Emerged'
- From the rubble, Windsor residents emerged and now reflect on five years of rebuilding
JIM RYDBOMemail@example.com The Cornerstone subdivision in Windsor has now been completely rebuilt after a tornado hit the area on May 22, 2008. Read more on this news related to 'Emerged'