Elliptical Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- characterized by extreme economy of expression or omission of superfluous elements; "the dialogue is elliptic and full of dark hints"; "the explanation was concise, even elliptical to the verge of obscurity"- H.O.Taylor
- rounded like an egg
- containing or characterized by ellipsis; "the clause of comparison is often elliptical"- G.O.Curme
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Elliptical'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Elliptical'
- Elliptical galaxy: An elliptical galaxy is a type of galaxy having an approximately ellipsoid al shape and a smooth, nearly featureless brightness profile. ...
- Dwarf elliptical galaxy: Dwarf elliptical galaxies, or dEs, are elliptical galaxies that are much smaller than others. They are classified as dE, and are quite ...
- Elliptical polarization: In electrodynamics , elliptical polarization is the polarization of electromagnetic radiation such that the tip of the electric field ...
- Elliptical wing: An elliptical wing is a wing planform shape that minimizes induced drag Elliptical taper shortens the chord near the wingtips in such a ...
Words and phrases related to 'Elliptical'