Elliptical Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- characterized by extreme economy of expression or omission of superfluous elements; "the dialogue is elliptic and full of dark hints"; "the explanation was concise, even elliptical to the verge of obscurity"- H.O.Taylor
- rounded like an egg
- containing or characterized by ellipsis; "the clause of comparison is often elliptical"- G.O.Curme
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Elliptical'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Elliptical'
- Elliptical galaxy: hypothesized that elliptical galaxies evolved into spiral galaxies, which was later discovered to be false. Stars found inside of elliptical galaxies are much
- Elliptical wing: elliptical spanwise distribution across the wing. The basic elliptical wing meets this condition. Elliptical taper of a constant-aerofoil section wing shortens
- Dwarf elliptical galaxy: Dwarf elliptical galaxies, or dEs, are elliptical galaxies that are much smaller than others. They are classified as dE, and are quite common in galaxy
- Elliptical poetry: want to be an elliptical poet.'" The original statement of the notion by Burt in the Boston Review article suggested that "Elliptical poets try to manifest
- Elliptical trainer: people with some injuries can use an elliptical to stay fit, as the low impact affects them little. Elliptical trainers offer a non-impact cardiovascular
- Elliptical polarization: (in support of MIL-STD-188). Animation of Elliptical Polarization (on YouTube) Comparison of Elliptical Polarization with Linear and Circular Polarizations
Words and phrases related to 'Elliptical'