Elliptical Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- characterized by extreme economy of expression or omission of superfluous elements; "the dialogue is elliptic and full of dark hints"; "the explanation was concise, even elliptical to the verge of obscurity"- H.O.Taylor
- rounded like an egg
- containing or characterized by ellipsis; "the clause of comparison is often elliptical"- G.O.Curme
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Elliptical'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Elliptical'
- Elliptical galaxy: hypothesized that elliptical galaxies evolved into spiral galaxies, which was later discovered to be false. Stars found inside of elliptical galaxies are much
- Dwarf elliptical galaxy: Dwarf elliptical galaxies, or dEs, are elliptical galaxies that are much smaller than others. They are classified as dE, and are quite common in galaxy
- Elliptical trainer: people with some injuries can use an elliptical to stay fit, as the low impact affects them little. Elliptical trainers offer a non-impact cardiovascular
- Elliptical wing: elliptical spanwise distribution across the wing. The basic elliptical wing meets this condition. Elliptical taper of a constant-aerofoil section wing shortens
- Elliptical polarization: (in support of MIL-STD-188). Animation of Elliptical Polarization (on YouTube) Comparison of Elliptical Polarization with Linear and Circular Polarizations
- Elliptical poetry: want to be an elliptical poet.'" The original statement of the notion by Burt in the Boston Review article suggested that "Elliptical poets try to manifest
Words and phrases related to 'Elliptical'