Elliptical Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- characterized by extreme economy of expression or omission of superfluous elements; "the dialogue is elliptic and full of dark hints"; "the explanation was concise, even elliptical to the verge of obscurity"- H.O.Taylor
- rounded like an egg
- containing or characterized by ellipsis; "the clause of comparison is often elliptical"- G.O.Curme
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Elliptical'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Elliptical'
- Elliptical galaxy: An elliptical galaxy is a type of galaxy having an approximately ellipsoid al shape and a smooth, nearly featureless brightness profile. ...
- Dwarf elliptical galaxy: Dwarf elliptical galaxies, or dEs, are elliptical galaxies that are much smaller than others. They are classified as dE, and are quite ...
- Elliptical polarization: In electrodynamics , elliptical polarization is the polarization of electromagnetic radiation such that the tip of the electric field ...
- Elliptical wing: An elliptical wing is a wing planform shape that minimizes induced drag Elliptical taper shortens the chord near the wingtips in such a ...
Words and phrases related to 'Elliptical'
Elliptical Sample Sentences in News
- English garbologist attempts Guinness World Record crossing Australia on elliptical bicycle
A refuse collector from the English Midlands is cycling across Australia on a new kind of elliptical bicycle that imitates the action of running. Read more on this news related to 'Elliptical'
- Clues to how giant elliptical galaxies move
New clues to how giant elliptical galaxies move have been discovered by an international team of astronomers. Elliptical galaxies have long been considered as essentially being made up of old stars that move randomly within them, like a swarm of bees. This has been challenged in many instances in the past ten-twenty years, but giant elliptical galaxies are still c Read more on this news related to 'Elliptical'
- Merging galaxies can produce disk galaxies
Astronomers thought mergers formed giant elliptical galaxies. Now, for at least 24 observed galaxies, mergers have formed flattened, circular disks of dust and gas. Read more on this news related to 'Elliptical'