Elliptical Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- characterized by extreme economy of expression or omission of superfluous elements; "the dialogue is elliptic and full of dark hints"; "the explanation was concise, even elliptical to the verge of obscurity"- H.O.Taylor
- rounded like an egg
- containing or characterized by ellipsis; "the clause of comparison is often elliptical"- G.O.Curme
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Elliptical'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Elliptical'
- Dwarf elliptical galaxy: Dwarf elliptical galaxies, or dEs, are elliptical galaxies that are much smaller than others. They are classified as dE, and are quite common in galaxy
- Elliptical galaxy: thought that elliptical galaxies may evolve into spiral galaxies, which later turned out to be false. Stars found inside of elliptical galaxies are much
- Elliptical distribution: iso-density plots. Elliptical distributions can be defined using characteristic functions. A multivariate distribution is said to be elliptical if its characteristic
Words and phrases related to 'Elliptical'
Elliptical Sample Sentences in News
- Outdoors commentary: Winter feeding frenzy, for some if not for all
A middle-aged man on the elliptical machine next to me was talking to his friend. Read more on this news related to 'Elliptical'
- Air Dryers/Preheaters accommodate needs of diverse industries.
Built for maximum service life in such industries as wood, paper/pulp, gypsum, veneer, biomass, chemical, waste, and energy/power plants, industrial air dryers and air preheaters come in plain and finned tube system options. Compact, aerodynamic elliptical tube version offers ~3–10X less hydraulic friction than round tubes, minimum soiling, and corrosion prote Read more on this news related to 'Elliptical'
- White, DiVincenzo are remarkable in ‘Gidion’s Knot’
Eighty uncomfortable, maddening and elliptical minutes. There you have it, a brief summary of Buffalo Laboratory Theatre’s first production of the new theatrical season, “Gidion’s Knot,” by one of America’s newest and brightest playwrights, Johnna Adams. Read more on this news related to 'Elliptical'