Elliptical Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- characterized by extreme economy of expression or omission of superfluous elements; "the dialogue is elliptic and full of dark hints"; "the explanation was concise, even elliptical to the verge of obscurity"- H.O.Taylor
- rounded like an egg
- containing or characterized by ellipsis; "the clause of comparison is often elliptical"- G.O.Curme
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Elliptical'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Elliptical'
- Dwarf elliptical galaxy: Dwarf elliptical galaxies, or dEs, are elliptical galaxies that are much smaller than others. They are classified as dE, and are quite common in galaxy
- Elliptical galaxy: thought that elliptical galaxies may evolve into spiral galaxies, which later turned out to be false. Stars found inside of elliptical galaxies are very
- Elliptical distribution: iso-density plots. Elliptical distributions can be defined using characteristic functions. A multivariate distribution is said to be elliptical if its characteristic
Words and phrases related to 'Elliptical'