Ecumenical Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of worldwide scope or applicability; "an issue of cosmopolitan import"; "the shrewdest political and ecumenical comment of our time"- Christopher Morley; "universal experience"
- concerned with promoting unity among churches or religions; "ecumenical thinking"; "ecumenical activities"; "the ecumenical movement"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Ecumenical'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ecumenical'
- Ecumenical council: This article is about ecumenical councils in general. For the Roman Catholic councils, see Catholic Ecumenical Councils. For the Salvador Dalí painting
- Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople: is about the office of the Ecumenical Patriarch. For the current Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople, see Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I of Constantinople
- Local ecumenical partnership: In England and Wales, a local ecumenical partnership (or project) is a partnership between churches of different denominations. First piloted in 1964,
- Ecumenical apologetics: Ecumenical apologetics is "an explanation (defense) of the Christian Faith, in an ecumenical fashion"; presenting a defense of the faith while advocating
- Ecumenical creeds: Ecumenical creeds is an umbrella term used in the Western Church to refer to the Nicene Creed, the Apostles' Creed, the Chalcedonian Creed, and the Athanasian
Words and phrases related to 'Ecumenical'
Ecumenical Sample Sentences in News
- Bradford Ecumenical Home slates Easter party
The Bradford Ecumenical Home will host an Easter extravaganza for the families of residents and staff this weekend. Read more on this news related to 'Ecumenical'
- Ecumenical Enterprises Inc. purchases property on Park Road, Lehman Township, for future expansion
DALLAS — Ecumenical Enterprises Inc. (EEI), one of the largest employers in the Back Mountain, recently made a $358,000 land purchase in Lehman Township. Read more on this news related to 'Ecumenical'
- Recruiting now: Ecumenical Accompaniers in Palestine & Israel
The Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine & Israel (EAPPI) provides protection by presence, monitors human rights abuses, supports Israeli and Palestinian peace activists and advocates for an end to the occupation. Ecumenical Accompaniers, working as Human Rights Monitors, will be based in the West Bank and Israel in 2016 for three or four and a half mon Read more on this news related to 'Ecumenical'