Ecumenical Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of worldwide scope or applicability; "an issue of cosmopolitan import"; "the shrewdest political and ecumenical comment of our time"- Christopher Morley; "universal experience"
- concerned with promoting unity among churches or religions; "ecumenical thinking"; "ecumenical activities"; "the ecumenical movement"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Ecumenical'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ecumenical'
- Ecumenical council: This article is about ecumenical councils in general. For the Roman Catholic councils, see Catholic Ecumenical Councils. For the Salvador Dalí painting
- Local ecumenical partnership: In England and Wales, a local ecumenical partnership (or project) is a partnership between churches of different denominations. First piloted in 1964,
- Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople: is about the office of the Ecumenical Patriarch. For the current Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople, see Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I of Constantinople
- Ecumenical apologetics: Ecumenical apologetics is "an explanation (defense) of the Christian Faith, in an ecumenical fashion"; presenting a defense of the faith while advocating
- Ecumenical creeds: Ecumenical creeds is an umbrella term used in the Western Church to refer to the Nicene Creed, the Apostles' Creed, the Chalcedonian Creed, and the Athanasian
Words and phrases related to 'Ecumenical'