Ecumenical Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of worldwide scope or applicability; "an issue of cosmopolitan import"; "the shrewdest political and ecumenical comment of our time"- Christopher Morley; "universal experience"
- concerned with promoting unity among churches or religions; "ecumenical thinking"; "ecumenical activities"; "the ecumenical movement"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Ecumenical'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ecumenical'
- Ecumenical council: This article is about ecumenical councils in general. For the Roman Catholic councils, see Catholic Ecumenical Councils. For the Salvador Dalí painting
- Local ecumenical partnership: In England and Wales, a local ecumenical partnership (or project) is a partnership between churches of different denominations. First piloted in 1964,
- Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople: is about the office of the Ecumenical Patriarch. For the current Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople, see Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I of Constantinople
- Ecumenical apologetics: Ecumenical apologetics is "an explanation (defense) of the Christian Faith, in an ecumenical fashion"; presenting a defense of the faith while advocating
Words and phrases related to 'Ecumenical'