Ecclesiastical Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of or associated with a church (especially a Christian Church); "ecclesiastic history"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Ecclesiastical'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ecclesiastical'
- Ecclesiastical province: have been subdivided into provinces for purposes of administration. An ecclesiastical province is a large jurisdiction of religious government, so named by
- Ecclesiastical heraldry: Ecclesiastical heraldry is the tradition of heraldry developed by Christian clergy. Initially used to mark documents, ecclesiastical heraldry evolved as
- Minister for Ecclesiastical Affairs (Denmark): Minister for Ecclesiastical Affairs of Denmark (Danish: kirkeminister) is a Danish political minister office. The main responsibility of the minister is
- Translation (ecclesiastical): Translation is the technical term when a bishop is transferred from one episcopal see to another. (Another religious meaning of the term is the translation
- Ecclesiastical court: An ecclesiastical court, also called court Christian or court spiritual, is any of certain courts having jurisdiction mainly in spiritual or religious
- Ecclesiastical Latin: Ecclesiastical Latin (sometimes called Liturgical or Church Latin) is the Latin used by the Roman Rite of the Catholic Church in all periods for ecclesiastical
Words and phrases related to 'Ecclesiastical'
Ecclesiastical Sample Sentences in News
- Local cults of saints had a role in Christianisation
( University of Gothenburg ) There is a clear link between the celebration of native saints and the ecclesiastical organisation that emerged in Scandinavia in the 12th century. Yet, according to a new doctoral thesis in history from the University of Gothenburg, important differences can be noted between Sweden and Denmark. Read more on this news related to 'Ecclesiastical'
- Buddhism reform panel disbanded
After shaking the country's ecclesiastical circle, the National Reform Council committee on the protection of Buddhism decided to conclude its mission Friday in the face of intense pressure. Read more on this news related to 'Ecclesiastical'
- Church Leaders Monitor Cyclone Pam's Impact, Prepare Help
Ecclesiastical and Welfare Department leaders from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are assessing the unfolding impact of Cyclone Pam in Vanuatu, Fiji and other island nations today. Read more on this news related to 'Ecclesiastical'