Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Dummies'
Dummies Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Dummy \Dum"my\, n.; pl. Dummies.
- One who is dumb. --H. Smith.
- A sham package in a shop, or one which does not contain what its exterior indicates.
- An imitation or copy of something, to be used as a substitute; a model; a lay figure; as, a figure on which clothing is exhibited in shop windows; a blank paper copy used to show the size of the future book, etc.
- (Drama) One who plays a merely nominal part in any action; a sham character.
- A thick-witted person; a dolt. [Colloq.]
- (Railroad) A locomotive with condensing engines, and, hence, without the noise of escaping steam; also, a dummy car.
- (Card Playing) The fourth or exposed hand when three persons play at a four-handed game of cards.
- A floating barge connected with a pier. --Knight. To play dummy, to play the exposed or dummy hand in cards. The partner of the dummy plays it.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dummies'
- For Dummies: For Dummies is an extensive series of instructional / reference books which are intended to present non-intimidating guides for readers new ...
Words and phrases related to 'Dummies'
Dummies Sample Sentences in News
- Expert Advice: Take the Slow, Steady Road to Good Credit
"Credit Repair Kit for Dummies" author Steve Bucci says there's no magic wand to a quick credit fix nor is there a credit repair fairy Read more on this news related to 'Dummies'
- For Dummies man no dummy at buusiness
PATRICK McGOVERN, 1937-2014 Read more on this news related to 'Dummies'
- Light Cloud
A 'DUMMY' fairy has visited Barnsley to encourage youngsters to give up their dummies. Read more on this news related to 'Dummies'