Dubious Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- fraught with uncertainty or doubt; "they were doubtful that the cord would hold"; "it was doubtful whether she would be admitted"; "dubious about agreeing to go"
- not convinced; "they admitted the force of my argument but remained dubious"
- open to doubt or suspicion; "the candidate''s doubtful past"; "he has a dubious record indeed"; "what one found uncertain the other found dubious or downright false"; "it was more than dubitable whether the friend was as influential as she thought"- Karen
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Dubious'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dubious'
- Dubious trumpet-eared bat: The Dubious Trumpet-Eared Bat (Phoniscus aerosa) is a species of vesper bat in the Vespertilionidae family. It is found only in possibly South Africa
- Dubious Goals Committee: The Dubious Goals Committee is a committee within the Premier League, the top level of association football in England, which adjudicates in any instance
- Dubious dtella: The dubious dtella or northern dtella (Gehyra dubia) is a species of gecko in the genus Gehyra, native to Northeastern Australia (Queensland and northern
- In Dubious Battle: In Dubious Battle is a novel by John Steinbeck, written in 1936. The central figure of the story is an activist for "the Party" (possibly the American
- A Dubious Legacy: A Dubious Legacy (1992) is a novel written by the British author Mary Wesley. The story takes place in the West Country, England, from 1944 to 1990. It
Words and phrases related to 'Dubious'