Dubious Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- fraught with uncertainty or doubt; "they were doubtful that the cord would hold"; "it was doubtful whether she would be admitted"; "dubious about agreeing to go"
- not convinced; "they admitted the force of my argument but remained dubious"
- open to doubt or suspicion; "the candidate''s doubtful past"; "he has a dubious record indeed"; "what one found uncertain the other found dubious or downright false"; "it was more than dubitable whether the friend was as influential as she thought"- Karen
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Dubious'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dubious'
- Dubious Goals Committee: The Dubious Goals Committee is a committee within the Premier League, the top level of association football in England, which adjudicates in any instance
- Dubious trumpet-eared bat: The dubious trumpet-eared bat (Phoniscus aerosa) is a species of vesper bat in the Vespertilionidae family. It is found only in possibly South Africa
- Dubious dtella: The dubious dtella or northern dtella (Gehyra dubia) is a species of gecko in the genus Gehyra, native to Northeastern Australia (Queensland and northern
- In Dubious Battle: In Dubious Battle is a novel by John Steinbeck, written in 1936. The central figure of the story is an activist for "the Party" (possibly the American
- In Dubious Battle (film): In Dubious Battle is an upcoming drama film directed by and starring James Franco, based on the novel of the same name by John Steinbeck. The film also
Words and phrases related to 'Dubious'