Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Dragnet'
Dragnet Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a system of coordinated measures for apprehending (criminals or other individuals); "caught in the police dragnet"
- a conical fishnet dragged through the water at great depths [syn: trawl, trawl net]
- Dragnet \Drag"net`\, n. [Cf. AS. dr[ae]gnet.]
A net to be drawn along the bottom of a body of water, as in
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dragnet'
- Dragnet: Dragnet may refer to: A type of fishing net Dragnet (policing), a coordinated search, named for the fishing net. Dragnet media series ...
- Dragnet (series): Dragnet, syndicated as Badge 714, is a radio and television crime drama about the cases of a dedicated Los Angeles police detective, ...
- Dragnet (1987 film): Dragnet is a 1987 film starring Dan Aykroyd and Tom Hanks , directed by Tom Mankiewicz . The screenplay is written by Dan Aykroyd, Alan ...
- Dragnet (theme music): "Dragnet" is an instrumental theme from the radio and television show of the same name . It was composed by Walter Schumann for the ...
- Dragnet (album): Dragnet is the second album by The Fall , released on 26 October 1979. It was recorded over three days in August of that year. ...
- Dragnet (policing): A dragnet is any system of coordinated measures for apprehending criminals or suspects; including road barricade s and traffic stop s, ...
- List of Dragnet episodes (2003 series): This is a list of episodes of the Dragnet television series that began in 2003. For the second season, the title was altered to L.A. Dragnet. ...
- Dragnet (1947 film): Dragnet is a 1947 film starring Henry Wilcoxon , Mary Brian , Douglass Dumbrille , Virginia Dale , Don C. Harvey , Ralph Dunn , directed ...
- Highway Dragnet: Highway Dragnet is a 1954 crime drama film directed by Nathan Juran , based on story by U.S. Anderson and Roger Corman . The film stars ...
Words and phrases related to 'Dragnet'
Dragnet Sample Sentences in News
- How three former employees became NSA critics
In two excerpts from her book “Dragnet Nation,” Julia Angwin looks at how three whistleblowers suffered for talking about problems related to the National Security Agency’s surveillance programs. Angwin will be at the National Constitution Center on Monday at 12 p.m. at a free event. Read more on this news related to 'Dragnet'
- High-tech dragnet for migrants
Does High-Tech Dragnet to Deport Immigrants Go Too Far? When Erlin Gomez saw police officers in front of his apartment complex on the afternoon of Sept. 11, 2013, he parked his car and considered his options. Read more on this news related to 'Dragnet'
- Is privacy really dead? Julia Angwin and the quest to escape Big Brother
The author of "Dragnet Nation" explains her attempts to elude corporate trackers and government spooks Read more on this news related to 'Dragnet'