Downhearted Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- low in spirits; "lonely and blue in a strange city"; "depressed by the loss of his job"; "a dispirited and resigned expression on her face"; "downcast after his defeat"; "feeling discouraged and downhearted"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Downhearted'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Downhearted'
- Downhearted: "Downhearted" is the third single released by Australian surf rock band Australian Crawl from their debut album The Boys Light Up. The song was written
- No Need to Be Downhearted: No Need to Be Downhearted is an album by The Electric Soft Parade, released in 2007. The first single was "If That's the Case, Then I Don't Know". The
- Downhearted Duckling: Downhearted Duckling is the 87th one reel animated Tom and Jerry cartoonreleased. It was created in 1953, directed by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
- Downhearted Blues: "Downhearted Blues" is a blues song composed by Alberta Hunter and Lovie Austin. The first line immediately sets the theme for the song: "Gee but it's
- Downhearted (album): Downhearted is the third studio album by the Finnish gothic metal band Charon. Bitter Joy - 3:53 At the End of Our Day - 3:19 Craving - 4:27 Little Angel
Words and phrases related to 'Downhearted'
Downhearted Sample Sentences in News
- Tyler not too downhearted by Burton defeat
Hatters keeper Mark Tyler wasn’t left too downhearted after his side were beaten 1-0 at fellow promotion chasers Burton Albion on Saturday. Read more on this news related to 'Downhearted'
- North Devon satisfied with Davis Wood Hockey League season
NORTH Devon will enjoy their Christmas break despite losing 5-0 at home to Bridgwater on Saturday. They were outplayed by one of the promotion favourites in Davis Wood Hockey League Conference South but are not downhearted by what they have achieved so far this season. Read more on this news related to 'Downhearted'
- Tim Cahill upbeat about Asian Cup prospects despite loss to Japan
Australia's talisman Tim Cahill, who notched yet another goal against Japan with a trademark stoppage time header, was not downhearted by the loss and believes the national team is on track for the Asian Cup despite its poor win loss record since the World Cup.Cahill, a second half substitute in this game, is characteristically optimistic, and while he knows A Read more on this news related to 'Downhearted'