Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Documentation'
- confirmation that some fact or statement is true [syn: certification, corroboration]
- program listings or technical manuals describing the operation and use of programs [syn: software documentation}]
- documentary validation; "his documentation of the results was excellent"; "the strongest support for this this view is the work of Jones" [syn: support]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Documentation'
Documentation is a general term for written information, media, and other content used to support a tool or a process. Documentation (to document) also refers to the process of providing evidence.
Technical writers and corporate communicators are professionals whose field and work is documentation. Ideally, technical writers have a background in both the subject matter and also in writing and managing content (information architecture). Technical writers more commonly collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs), such as engineers, medical professionals, or other types of clients to define and then create content (documentation) that meets the user's needs. Corporate communications includes other types of written documentation that is required for most companies.
Common types of documentation include user guides, white papers, on-line help, quick-reference guides. It is less common to see hard-copy (paper) documentation. Documentation is distributed via websites, software products, and other on-line applications.[See more about Documentation at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Documentation'
Documentation Sample Sentences in News
- Inland Imaging Selects M*Modal for Clinical Documentation Technology
M*Modal, a leading provider of clinical documentation services and Speech Understanding™ solutions, today announced that Inland Imaging has expanded its eight year relationship with M*Modal by selecting ... Read more on this news related to 'Documentation'
- Tipton Communications Revamps E-Submission Magnet® Documentation to Meet 2014 Requirements
Tipton Communications has updated its proprietary electronic submission (e-submission) solution to reflect the 2014 Magnet® documentation requirements set forth by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). (PRWeb December 07, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/12/prweb11397200.htm Read more on this news related to 'Documentation'
- Absolute Vision Productions to Provide All-Inclusive Event Documentation Services
Expanded live event documentation services, including photography, interviews, livestreaming, and B-roll, now available from local Chicago production company. (PRWeb December 05, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/12/prweb11392678.htm Read more on this news related to 'Documentation'