Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Documentation'
- confirmation that some fact or statement is true [syn: certification, corroboration]
- program listings or technical manuals describing the operation and use of programs [syn: software documentation}]
- documentary validation; "his documentation of the results was excellent"; "the strongest support for this this view is the work of Jones" [syn: support]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Documentation'
Documentation is a general term for written information, media, and other content used to support a tool or a process. Documentation (to document) also refers to the process of providing evidence.
Technical writers and corporate communicators are professionals whose field and work is documentation. Ideally, technical writers have a background in both the subject matter and also in writing and managing content (information architecture). Technical writers more commonly collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs), such as engineers, medical professionals, or other types of clients to define and then create content (documentation) that meets the user's needs. Corporate communications includes other types of written documentation that is required for most companies.
Common types of documentation include user guides, white papers, on-line help, quick-reference guides. It is less common to see hard-copy (paper) documentation. Documentation is distributed via websites, software products, and other on-line applications.[See more about Documentation at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Documentation'
Documentation Sample Sentences in News
- Windows 8.1 with Bing appears to pay for Windows... with Bing
Documentation allegedly associated with the "Windows 8.1 with Bing" release appears to show that, from a product sense, very little will differentiate it from a standard Windows implementation. Noted Windows leaker Wzor published the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit on Wednesday night, containing documentation essentially showing Windows will be set Read more on this news related to 'Documentation'
- Documentation Automation Software increases engineering efficacy.
Available in 17 languages, EPLAN Engineering Center One (EEC One) reduces detail engineering and associated time via comprehensive frameworks. Users can directly access EPLAN parts database and transfer parts along with their reference data, negating transmission errors and improving efficiency. Based on macro technology, creation of schematics in electrical and f Read more on this news related to 'Documentation'
- Citizens Medical Center Selects M*Modal to Enhance Clinical Documentation and Boost Productivity With Speech ...
M*Modal, a leading provider of clinical documentation and Speech Understanding™ solutions, today announced that Citizens Medical Center has selected M*Modal for transcription services and front-end speech ... Read more on this news related to 'Documentation'