Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Documentation'
- confirmation that some fact or statement is true [syn: certification, corroboration]
- program listings or technical manuals describing the operation and use of programs [syn: software documentation}]
- documentary validation; "his documentation of the results was excellent"; "the strongest support for this this view is the work of Jones" [syn: support]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Documentation'
Documentation is a general term for written information, media, and other content used to support a tool or a process. Documentation (to document) also refers to the process of providing evidence.
Technical writers and corporate communicators are professionals whose field and work is documentation. Ideally, technical writers have a background in both the subject matter and also in writing and managing content (information architecture). Technical writers more commonly collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs), such as engineers, medical professionals, or other types of clients to define and then create content (documentation) that meets the user's needs. Corporate communications includes other types of written documentation that is required for most companies.
Common types of documentation include user guides, white papers, on-line help, quick-reference guides. It is less common to see hard-copy (paper) documentation. Documentation is distributed via websites, software products, and other on-line applications.[See more about Documentation at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Documentation'
Documentation Sample Sentences in News
- PCB EDA/CAD Software enhances product design process.
OrCAD® Engineering Data Management (EDM), collaboration and management environment for OrCAD Capture; OrCAD Library Builder, rapid automated part builder; and OrCAD Documentation Editor intelligent, automated PCB documentation environment accelerate mainstream PCB design process while promoting productivity and efficiency. Combination of these products helps shor Read more on this news related to 'Documentation'
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Heats Up as Half of US Hospitals Make 2015 Preparations for ICD-10, the Rest to ...
Despite lost momentum, 51 percent of US hospitals report they will be ready to implement ICD-10 with coding education, IT solutions, managed services partners, staff training and physician cooperation. The other half intend to wait until next year to implement outsource technology and clinical documentation improvement (CDI) programs in a near-deadline effort to o Read more on this news related to 'Documentation'
- Linode Releases Open Source Cloud Hosting Documentation
The VAR Guy: Cloud hosting provider Linode has made the documentation for its platform open source, allowing anyone to access the information and contribute to it. Read more on this news related to 'Documentation'