Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Dobbin'
Dobbin Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a quiet plodding workhorse [syn: farm horse]
- Horse \Horse\, n. (Student Slang)
(a) A translation or other illegitimate aid in study or
examination; -- called also trot, pony, Dobbin.
(b) Horseplay; tomfoolery.
- Dobbin \Dob"bin\, n.
- An old jaded horse. --Shak.
- Sea gravel mixed with sand. [Prov. Eng.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dobbin'
- Dobbin: Dobbin can refer to: Horse , as rural slang. Dobbin may refer to the following people: Brian Dobbin (born 1966), a retired Canadian ...
- USS Dobbin (AD-3): USS Dobbin (AD-3) is the name of a United States Navy destroyer tender of World War II, named after James Cochrane Dobbin , the ...
- Uncle Dobbin: Frederick James Dobbin (10 October 1879 - 5 February 1950 universally known as Uncle Dobbin was a South Africa n rugby union player who ...
- Dobbin, West Virginia: Dobbin is an unincorporated community on the North Branch Potomac River in Grant County , West Virginia , USA . Dobbin is located ...
- Dobbin, Texas: Dobbin is an unincorporated community in Montgomery County , Texas , United States . figure at close to 300 Dobbin is part of the Houston ...
- Jim Dobbin (footballer): James "Jim" Dobbin (born 14 March 1964 in Dunfermline ) is a Scottish former professional football player who played as a midfielder ...
- Dobbins Air Reserve Base: Dobbins Air Reserve Base or Dobbins ARB MGE | KMGE | MGE is a United States air reserve base located in Marietta, Georgia , a suburb about ...
- Dobbins, California: Dobbins (formerly, Dobbin, Dobbins Ranche, Dobbins Ranch and Dobbin's Ranche) is an unincorporated community in Yuba County , California ...
- Tony Dobbin: Tony Dobbin (born 1 May 1972) is a retired Northern Irish National Hunt jockey who rode mainly in Great Britain. He rode the winner of ...
- Craig Dobbin: Craig Lawrence Dobbin, OC (September 12, 1935 - October 7, 2006) was an industrialist and Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of CHC ...
Words and phrases related to 'Dobbin'
Dobbin Sample Sentences in News
- Lawsuit still pending in Dobbin explosion
While the cause of the home explosion in Willis last Tuesday currently remains unknown to investigators, similarities have been drawn to the Dobbin incident on June 11, 2013, when a fatal explosion re Read more on this news related to 'Dobbin'
- Pitter Patter Daycare to stay in current location until fall
A daycare centre in Paradise has been granted a reprieve and can stay in its current location until this fall. Developer N.D. Dobbin had told its tenant, Pitter Patter Daycare, they would have to move out by mid-June to make way for a new Sobey's grocery store. Pitter Patter was not pleased when construction started in May and interfered with its Read more on this news related to 'Dobbin'
- 1 killed in fatal accident north of Dobbin
A fatal accident occurred late Saturday night after a vehicle rolled over on FM 1486 near Giles Road north of Dobbin in far west Montgomery County, killing the driver, according to Montgomery County F Read more on this news related to 'Dobbin'