Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Dobbin'
Dobbin Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a quiet plodding workhorse [syn: farm horse]
- Horse \Horse\, n. (Student Slang)
(a) A translation or other illegitimate aid in study or
examination; -- called also trot, pony, Dobbin.
(b) Horseplay; tomfoolery.
- Dobbin \Dob"bin\, n.
- An old jaded horse. --Shak.
- Sea gravel mixed with sand. [Prov. Eng.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dobbin'
- Dobbin: Dobbin can refer to: Horse , as rural slang. Dobbin may refer to the following people: Brian Dobbin (born 1966), a retired Canadian ...
- USS Dobbin (AD-3): USS Dobbin (AD-3) is the name of a United States Navy destroyer tender of World War II, named after James Cochrane Dobbin , the ...
- Uncle Dobbin: Frederick James Dobbin (10 October 1879 - 5 February 1950 universally known as Uncle Dobbin was a South Africa n rugby union player who ...
- Dobbin, West Virginia: Dobbin is an unincorporated community on the North Branch Potomac River in Grant County , West Virginia , USA . Dobbin is located ...
- Dobbin, Texas: Dobbin is an unincorporated community in Montgomery County , Texas , United States . figure at close to 300 Dobbin is part of the Houston ...
- Jim Dobbin (footballer): James "Jim" Dobbin (born 14 March 1964 in Dunfermline ) is a Scottish former professional football player who played as a midfielder ...
- Dobbins Air Reserve Base: Dobbins Air Reserve Base or Dobbins ARB MGE | KMGE | MGE is a United States air reserve base located in Marietta, Georgia , a suburb about ...
- Dobbins, California: Dobbins (formerly, Dobbin, Dobbins Ranche, Dobbins Ranch and Dobbin's Ranche) is an unincorporated community in Yuba County , California ...
- Tony Dobbin: Tony Dobbin (born 1 May 1972) is a retired Northern Irish National Hunt jockey who rode mainly in Great Britain. He rode the winner of ...
- Craig Dobbin: Craig Lawrence Dobbin, OC (September 12, 1935 - October 7, 2006) was an industrialist and Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of CHC ...
Words and phrases related to 'Dobbin'
Dobbin Sample Sentences in News
- NEWS: Iqaluit councillor speaks out against changes to kids’ group home
Iqaluit councillor Terry Dobbin can’t understand the territorial government’s move to phase out a group home for young children and is hoping they’ll reverse their decision. “I care deeply for the kids whose lives are being uprooted, and these children being separated from their friends at school,” the city councillor said in his member’s statement to Read more on this news related to 'Dobbin'
- Judge dismisses appeal
A Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador justice dismissed an appeal filed by a Halfway Point man during a hearing in Corner Brook last Wednesday.Sean Michael Dobbin had launched the appeal of a conviction he was handed in provincial court last March for uttering threats and breach of ... Read more on this news related to 'Dobbin'
- Analyst Views: What did you make of Aberdeen’s results yesterday?
PHIL DOBBIN | ESPIRITO SANTOWe feel this additional payment [for Swip] was already expected by the market and is not, in the company’s words, “a game changer”....Overall we are reassured that net flows, ... Read more on this news related to 'Dobbin'