Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Dobbin'
Dobbin Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a quiet plodding workhorse [syn: farm horse]
- Horse \Horse\, n. (Student Slang)
(a) A translation or other illegitimate aid in study or
examination; -- called also trot, pony, Dobbin.
(b) Horseplay; tomfoolery.
- Dobbin \Dob"bin\, n.
- An old jaded horse. --Shak.
- Sea gravel mixed with sand. [Prov. Eng.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dobbin'
- Dobbin: Dobbin can refer to: Horse , as rural slang. Dobbin may refer to the following people: Brian Dobbin (born 1966), a retired Canadian ...
- USS Dobbin (AD-3): USS Dobbin (AD-3) is the name of a United States Navy destroyer tender of World War II, named after James Cochrane Dobbin , the ...
- Uncle Dobbin: Frederick James Dobbin (10 October 1879 - 5 February 1950 universally known as Uncle Dobbin was a South Africa n rugby union player who ...
- Dobbin, West Virginia: Dobbin is an unincorporated community on the North Branch Potomac River in Grant County , West Virginia , USA . Dobbin is located ...
- Dobbin, Texas: Dobbin is an unincorporated community in Montgomery County , Texas , United States . figure at close to 300 Dobbin is part of the Houston ...
- Jim Dobbin (footballer): James "Jim" Dobbin (born 14 March 1964 in Dunfermline ) is a Scottish former professional football player who played as a midfielder ...
- Dobbins Air Reserve Base: Dobbins Air Reserve Base or Dobbins ARB MGE | KMGE | MGE is a United States air reserve base located in Marietta, Georgia , a suburb about ...
- Dobbins, California: Dobbins (formerly, Dobbin, Dobbins Ranche, Dobbins Ranch and Dobbin's Ranche) is an unincorporated community in Yuba County , California ...
- Tony Dobbin: Tony Dobbin (born 1 May 1972) is a retired Northern Irish National Hunt jockey who rode mainly in Great Britain. He rode the winner of ...
- Craig Dobbin: Craig Lawrence Dobbin, OC (September 12, 1935 - October 7, 2006) was an industrialist and Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of CHC ...
Words and phrases related to 'Dobbin'
Dobbin Sample Sentences in News
- Dobbin – Gearhard
Liz Donella Dobbin of Washington announces the engagement of her son, Josh, to JoElla Gearhard, daughter of Herb and Nancy Gearhard of Murrysville. Read more on this news related to 'Dobbin'
- Shane Dobbin skates to seventh in 10,000m
Shane Dobbin was happy with his seventh placing in the men's 10,000m speed skating at the Winter Olympics this morning. Read more on this news related to 'Dobbin'
- Olympic success sees Dobbin mull retirement
New Zealand speed skater Shane Dobbin has shelved retirement plans after finishing seventh in the 10,000m event at the Winter Olympics. Read more on this news related to 'Dobbin'