Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Dispersive'
Dispersive Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- spreading by diffusion [syn: diffusing(a), diffusive, disseminative, disseminating, scattering, spreading]
- tending to disperse [syn: distributive]
- Dispersive \Dis*pers"ive\, a.
Tending to disperse.
Dispersive power (Opt.), the relative effect of a material
in separating the different rays of light by refraction,
as when the substance is formed into a prism. --
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dispersive'
- Dispersive: dispersive line dispersive mass transfer dispersive power dispersive fading.
- Dispersive mass transfer: Dispersive mass transfer, in fluid dynamics , is the spreading of mass from highly ... of the species being dispersed, E is the dispersion ...
- Dispersive prism: In optics , a dispersive prism is a type of optical prism , normally having the shape of a geometrical triangular prism . It is the most ...
- Dispersive partial differential equation: In mathematics , a dispersive partial differential equation or dispersive PDE is a partial differential equation that is dispersive . ...
- Energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy: Energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS or EDX) is an analytical technique used for the element al analysis or chemical characterization ...
Words and phrases related to 'Dispersive'
Dispersive Sample Sentences in News
- Dispersive Technologies Named a Top 10 Disruptor
ALPHARETTA, Ga., Aug. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Dispersive Technologies ( www.dispersivetechnologies.com ), whose virtualized software-based routing provides Internet users with tighter security, higher ... Read more on this news related to 'Dispersive'
- Space Dynamics Lab and Inventor Issued Patent for New Space Weather Sensor
LOGAN, Utah, Aug. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Utah State University's Space Dynamics Laboratory announced today that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has issued it a patent for a new invention by SDL research scientist Erik Syrstad. Syrstad's invention, known as the Imaging Dispersive Energy Analyzer (IDEA), will allow next-generation measurem Read more on this news related to 'Dispersive'