Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Dishonorable'
Dishonorable Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- lacking honor or integrity; deserving dishonor; "dishonorable in thought and deed"; "a dishonorable discharge" [syn: dishonourable] [ant: honorable]
- deceptive or fraudulent; disposed to cheat or defraud or deceive [syn: dishonest] [ant: honest]
- not bringing honor and glory; "some mute inglorious Milton here may rest" [syn: inglorious] [ant: glorious]
- not adhering to ethical or moral principles; "base and unpatriotic motives"; "a base, degrading way of life"; "cheating is dishonorable"; "they considered colonialism immoral"; "unethical practices in handling public funds" [syn: base, dishonourable, immoral, unethical]
- morally unacceptable; "the dishonorable conduct of trusted men" [syn: dishonourable]
- Dishonorable \Dis*hon"or*a*ble\, a. [Cf. F. d['e]shonorable.]
- Wanting in honor; not honorable; bringing or deserving dishonor; staining the character, and lessening the reputation; shameful; disgraceful; base.
- Wanting in honor or esteem; disesteemed. He that is dishonorable in riches, how much more in poverty! --Ecclus. x. 31. To find ourselves dishonorable graves. --Shak. -- Dis*hon"or*a*ble*ness, n. -- Dis*hon"or*a*bly, adv.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dishonorable'
- Strictly Dishonorable: Strictly Dishonorable can refer to: Strictly Dishonorable (play), a 1929 Broadway hit written by Preston Sturges Strictly Dishonorable ...
- Strictly Dishonorable (play): Strictly Dishonorable is a romantic comedy play written by Preston Sturges and first produced on Broadway in 1929 It has been adapted ...
- Strictly Dishonorable (1931 film): Strictly Dishonorable is a 1931 romantic comedy film directed by John M. Stahl , starring Paul Lukas , Sidney Fox and Lewis Stone , and ...
- Strictly Dishonorable (1951 film): Strictly Dishonorable is a 1951 romantic comedy film written, produced and directed by Melvin Frank and Norman Panama , and starring Ezio ...
Words and phrases related to 'Dishonorable'
Dishonorable Sample Sentences in News
- Hill base personnel punished for sexual assaults
Two enlisted men from Hill Air Force Base who received dishonorable discharges are among the first to have their names published on a list meant to help address the military-wide problem of sexual assaults. In a third case, a first lieutenant from Hill received a dismissal, which for officers is analogous to a dishonorable discharge, after being acquitted of rape Read more on this news related to 'Dishonorable'
- Waitress in anti-gay note case: New claims emerge
The New Jersey waitress whose story has been questioned after she claimed she received an anti-gay note instead of a tip on a restaurant bill was discharged under dishonorable terms from the Marines last spring after she stopped showing up, NBC 4 New York has learned. Brynn Gingras reports. Read more on this news related to 'Dishonorable'
- Baba Jamal: KT Hammond’ behavior was dishonorable
The Member of Parliament for Akwatia, Baba Jamal has christened the dramatic turn of events on the floor of Parliament on Wednesday, as one of the “dark days” in the history of the Ghanaian Parliament. Read more on this news related to 'Dishonorable'