Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Dishonorable'
Dishonorable Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- lacking honor or integrity; deserving dishonor; "dishonorable in thought and deed"; "a dishonorable discharge" [syn: dishonourable] [ant: honorable]
- deceptive or fraudulent; disposed to cheat or defraud or deceive [syn: dishonest] [ant: honest]
- not bringing honor and glory; "some mute inglorious Milton here may rest" [syn: inglorious] [ant: glorious]
- not adhering to ethical or moral principles; "base and unpatriotic motives"; "a base, degrading way of life"; "cheating is dishonorable"; "they considered colonialism immoral"; "unethical practices in handling public funds" [syn: base, dishonourable, immoral, unethical]
- morally unacceptable; "the dishonorable conduct of trusted men" [syn: dishonourable]
- Dishonorable \Dis*hon"or*a*ble\, a. [Cf. F. d['e]shonorable.]
- Wanting in honor; not honorable; bringing or deserving dishonor; staining the character, and lessening the reputation; shameful; disgraceful; base.
- Wanting in honor or esteem; disesteemed. He that is dishonorable in riches, how much more in poverty! --Ecclus. x. 31. To find ourselves dishonorable graves. --Shak. -- Dis*hon"or*a*ble*ness, n. -- Dis*hon"or*a*bly, adv.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dishonorable'
- Strictly Dishonorable: Strictly Dishonorable can refer to: Strictly Dishonorable (play), a 1929 Broadway hit written by Preston Sturges Strictly Dishonorable ...
- Strictly Dishonorable (play): Strictly Dishonorable is a romantic comedy play written by Preston Sturges and first produced on Broadway in 1929 It has been adapted ...
- Strictly Dishonorable (1931 film): Strictly Dishonorable is a 1931 romantic comedy film directed by John M. Stahl , starring Paul Lukas , Sidney Fox and Lewis Stone , and ...
- Strictly Dishonorable (1951 film): Strictly Dishonorable is a 1951 romantic comedy film written, produced and directed by Melvin Frank and Norman Panama , and starring Ezio ...
Words and phrases related to 'Dishonorable'
Dishonorable Sample Sentences in News
- A dishonorable level of sex crimes among the ranks
In 2011, Newsweek published a sobering piece on sexual assaults in the military. The magazine reported that women are more likely to be sexually assaulted by a fellow soldier than to be killed in combat. Read more on this news related to 'Dishonorable'
- Instructor convicted in Lackland scandal will stay in Air Force
Tech. Sgt. Bobby Bass avoided a dishonorable discharge Wednesday at his court-martial for abuse, assault and cruelty as an Air Force basic training instructor at Lackland Air Force Base in 2009. Read more on this news related to 'Dishonorable'
- Camp Pendleton Marine Convicted Of Attempted Adultery Gets Sentenced
Military judge Lt. Col. Leon Francis, who presided over the court-martial, convicted the Marine of attempted adultery and obstruction of justice this week. She had faced a year in the brig and a dishonorable discharge as punishment. Read more on this news related to 'Dishonorable'