Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Dishonorable'
Dishonorable Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- lacking honor or integrity; deserving dishonor; "dishonorable in thought and deed"; "a dishonorable discharge" [syn: dishonourable] [ant: honorable]
- deceptive or fraudulent; disposed to cheat or defraud or deceive [syn: dishonest] [ant: honest]
- not bringing honor and glory; "some mute inglorious Milton here may rest" [syn: inglorious] [ant: glorious]
- not adhering to ethical or moral principles; "base and unpatriotic motives"; "a base, degrading way of life"; "cheating is dishonorable"; "they considered colonialism immoral"; "unethical practices in handling public funds" [syn: base, dishonourable, immoral, unethical]
- morally unacceptable; "the dishonorable conduct of trusted men" [syn: dishonourable]
- Dishonorable \Dis*hon"or*a*ble\, a. [Cf. F. d['e]shonorable.]
- Wanting in honor; not honorable; bringing or deserving dishonor; staining the character, and lessening the reputation; shameful; disgraceful; base.
- Wanting in honor or esteem; disesteemed. He that is dishonorable in riches, how much more in poverty! --Ecclus. x. 31. To find ourselves dishonorable graves. --Shak. -- Dis*hon"or*a*ble*ness, n. -- Dis*hon"or*a*bly, adv.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dishonorable'
- Strictly Dishonorable: Strictly Dishonorable can refer to: Strictly Dishonorable (play), a 1929 Broadway hit written by Preston Sturges Strictly Dishonorable ...
- Strictly Dishonorable (play): Strictly Dishonorable is a romantic comedy play written by Preston Sturges and first produced on Broadway in 1929 It has been adapted ...
- Strictly Dishonorable (1931 film): Strictly Dishonorable is a 1931 romantic comedy film directed by John M. Stahl , starring Paul Lukas , Sidney Fox and Lewis Stone , and ...
- Strictly Dishonorable (1951 film): Strictly Dishonorable is a 1951 romantic comedy film written, produced and directed by Melvin Frank and Norman Panama , and starring Ezio ...
Words and phrases related to 'Dishonorable'
Dishonorable Sample Sentences in News
- Pleas for more help for military veterans to recover from sexual assault
When Jeremiah Arbogast was a lance corporal, he was drugged and then raped by his boss, a fellow Marine. Mr. Arbogast taped a wire to himself in 2001 and recorded a confession during a confrontation with the boss, who ultimately received a dishonorable discharge but no jail time. Today, Arbogast added, he has no idea where the man who raped him is – a situation Read more on this news related to 'Dishonorable'
- Medford doctor accused of gross negligence
A Medford doctor is accused of gross negligence, dishonorable conduct and violation of the federal Controlled Substances Act after he repeatedly overprescribed painkillers to high-risk patients, one of whom died from an overdose, according to the Oregon Medical Board. Read more on this news related to 'Dishonorable'
- Liow-Wee leadership the WORST & MOST DISHONORABLE in MCA's 65-year history
The Liow-Wee MCA leadership which had been in control of the “7-11” party for the past two months is probably the worst in terms of… Read more on this news related to 'Dishonorable'