Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Discolor'
Discolor Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- lose color or turn colorless; "The painting discolored" [ant: color]
- cause to lose or change color; "The detergent discolored my shirts"
- change color, often in an undesired manner; "The shirts discolored" [syn: discolour, colour, color]
- Discolor \Dis*col"or\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Discolored; p. pr.
& vb. n. Discoloring.] [OE. descolouren, OF. descolorer, F.
d['e]colorer, fr. L. dis- + cololare, coloratum, to color,
color color. See Color.] [Written also discolour.]
- To alter the natural hue or color of; to change to a different color; to stain; to tinge; as, a drop of wine will discolor water; silver is discolored by sea water.
- To alter the true complexion or appearance of; to put a false hue upon. To discolor all your ideas. --Wat??
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Discolor'
- Holodiscus discolor: Holodiscus discolor, commonly known as ocean spray, creambush or ironwood, is a shrub of western North America It is common in the Pacific ...
- Blechnum discolor: Blechnum discolor (crown fern, Māori : kiokio) is a species of fern in the family Blechnaceae . This species is endemic to New Zealand ...
- Catasetum discolor: The Differently Colored Catasetum (Catasetum discolor) is a species of orchid .: Catasetum discolor | Catasetum discolor Category:Catasetum ...
- Calanthe discolor: Calanthe discolor is a species of orchid . Category:Calanthe.
- Avatha discolor: Avatha discolor is a species of moth of the Noctuidae family. It is found from the Indo-Australian and Pacific tropics to as far east as ...
- Brachylaena discolor: Brachylaena discolor is a species of tree in the Asteraceae family. Two varieties are known; var. discolor is commonly known as the Coast ...
- Salix discolor: Salix discolor (American Willow) is a species of willow native to North America , one of two species commonly called Pussy Willow . ...
- Brachychiton discolor: Brachychiton discolor is a rainforest tree of eastern Australia . It grows in drier rainforest areas. Scattered from Paterson, New South ...
- Hyposmocoma discolor: Hyposmocoma discolor is a species of moth of the Cosmopterigidae family. It is endemic to Hawaii . The type locality is Kilauea. ...
- Datura discolor: NOTOC_Datura discolor, also called the desert thorn-apple, is an herbaceous annual plant native to the Sonoran Desert of western North ...
Words and phrases related to 'Discolor'
Discolor Sample Sentences in News
- Tunnel work could discolor water in Portsmouth
PORTSMOUTH Residents who live south of the Western Branch of the Elizabeth River may notice that their water is discolored this weekend during work related to the Elizabeth River Tunnels project. The work was scheduled for this past weekend, but has been rescheduled for Saturday, according to a city news release. Read more on this news related to 'Discolor'