Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Disaffected'
Disaffected Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- Disaffect \Dis`af*fect"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Disaffected; p.
pr. & vb. n. Disaffecting.]
- To alienate or diminish the affection of; to make unfriendly or less friendly; to fill with discontent and unfriendliness. They had attempted to disaffect and discontent his majesty's late army. --Clarendon.
- To disturb the functions of; to disorder. It disaffects the bowels. --Hammond.
- To lack affection for; to be alienated from, or indisposed toward; to dislike. [Obs.] --Bp. Hall.
- Disaffected \Dis`af*fect"ed\, a.
Alienated in feeling; not wholly loyal. --J. H. Newman. --
Dis`af*fect"ed*ly, adv. -- Dis`af*fect"ed*ness, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Disaffected'
- Disaffected: Disaffected is the eighth album by Piano Magic . Track listing ": "You Can Hear the Room" – 6:22 " "Love & Music" – 4:50 " "Night of the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Disaffected'
Disaffected Sample Sentences in News
- 'What If' Succeeds By Acknowledging and Embracing its Clichés
A disaffected guy who's given to obnoxiously forlorn behavior like sitting on his roof alone (Daniel Radcliffe) meets a charming girl at a party (Zoe Kazan) who has an implausible job (cutesy animator) and can roll with his weird jokes. Scripter Elan Mastai is working from the play Toothpaste and Cigars by TJ Dawe and Michael Rinaldi; Read more on this news related to 'Disaffected'
- This Weird, Disaffected French Car Chase Scene Is A Must-See
We know French film director Claude Lelouch as the director of C'était un Rendez-vous , but in 1966 the world knew him for Un homme et une Femme , a romantic drama set partially at the Monte Carlo Rally. Twenty years later, he followed it with this weird chase. Read more... Read more on this news related to 'Disaffected'
- Hip hop, graffiti in Lebanon tag a nation’s woes
They try to re-engage disaffected youth in a debate about the country’s latest wave of political turmoil Read more on this news related to 'Disaffected'