Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Disaffected'
Disaffected Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- Disaffect \Dis`af*fect"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Disaffected; p.
pr. & vb. n. Disaffecting.]
- To alienate or diminish the affection of; to make unfriendly or less friendly; to fill with discontent and unfriendliness. They had attempted to disaffect and discontent his majesty's late army. --Clarendon.
- To disturb the functions of; to disorder. It disaffects the bowels. --Hammond.
- To lack affection for; to be alienated from, or indisposed toward; to dislike. [Obs.] --Bp. Hall.
- Disaffected \Dis`af*fect"ed\, a.
Alienated in feeling; not wholly loyal. --J. H. Newman. --
Dis`af*fect"ed*ly, adv. -- Dis`af*fect"ed*ness, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Disaffected'
- Disaffected: Disaffected is the eighth album by Piano Magic . Track listing ": "You Can Hear the Room" – 6:22 " "Love & Music" – 4:50 " "Night of the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Disaffected'
Disaffected Sample Sentences in News
- Algerian election faces disaffected populace
Algerian presidential candidate Ali Benflis gestures during a press conference in Algiers, Tuesday, April 15, 2014. Benflis is seen as the only real rival to incumbent President Abdelaziz Bouteflika for the upcoming presidential election. Read more on this news related to 'Disaffected'
- Disaffected youth | @guardianletters
I am just one 17-year-old. I cannot make a huge difference to our country alone. But my generation collectively could. However, a report by the Electoral Reform Society after the last election showed that only 44% of 18- to 24-year-olds voted. It is the education system that is letting us down. There is hardly any political education in secondary schools; many of Read more on this news related to 'Disaffected'
- Disaffected Generation: Matthew Miller x Ben Sherman
The menswear designer tells Clash about collaborating with a heritage brand. “I knew it was a brand which had youth and rebellion at its core. I now know it’s a brand with youth and rebellion in its DNA,” Matthew Miller tells Clash. The London based, Stoke-on-Trent born menswear designer has worked with Ben Sherman – the label he describes above – on a c Read more on this news related to 'Disaffected'