Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Disaffected'
Disaffected Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- Disaffect \Dis`af*fect"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Disaffected; p.
pr. & vb. n. Disaffecting.]
- To alienate or diminish the affection of; to make unfriendly or less friendly; to fill with discontent and unfriendliness. They had attempted to disaffect and discontent his majesty's late army. --Clarendon.
- To disturb the functions of; to disorder. It disaffects the bowels. --Hammond.
- To lack affection for; to be alienated from, or indisposed toward; to dislike. [Obs.] --Bp. Hall.
- Disaffected \Dis`af*fect"ed\, a.
Alienated in feeling; not wholly loyal. --J. H. Newman. --
Dis`af*fect"ed*ly, adv. -- Dis`af*fect"ed*ness, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Disaffected'
- Disaffected: Disaffected is the eighth album by Piano Magic . Track listing ": "You Can Hear the Room" – 6:22 " "Love & Music" – 4:50 " "Night of the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Disaffected'
Disaffected Sample Sentences in News
- Five dead in Iraq as Qaeda group claims mall assault
Attacks in Baghdad and the main northern city of Mosul on Thursday killed five people as an Al-Qaeda front group claimed an assault on a mall and adjoining police complex. Officials have blamed a resurgent Al-Qaeda emboldened by the civil war in neighbouring Syria, but the government has itself been criticised for not doing enough to address the concerns of the di Read more on this news related to 'Disaffected'
- Iraq attacks kill 23 as year's toll tops 6,200
Attacks mostly targeting Sunni Arab areas of Baghdad as well as northern and western Iraq killed at least 23 people on Tuesday, the latest in a months-long surge in bloodletting. Officials have blamed a resurgent Al-Qaeda emboldened by the civil war raging in neighbouring Syria, but the government has itself faced criticism for not doing enough to address the conc Read more on this news related to 'Disaffected'
- Video recordings of families help get them back together
AN innovative project that uses video recordings of disaffected families to help get them back together should be rolled out across Scotland, experts have recommended. Read more on this news related to 'Disaffected'