Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Disaffected'
Disaffected Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- Disaffect \Dis`af*fect"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Disaffected; p.
pr. & vb. n. Disaffecting.]
- To alienate or diminish the affection of; to make unfriendly or less friendly; to fill with discontent and unfriendliness. They had attempted to disaffect and discontent his majesty's late army. --Clarendon.
- To disturb the functions of; to disorder. It disaffects the bowels. --Hammond.
- To lack affection for; to be alienated from, or indisposed toward; to dislike. [Obs.] --Bp. Hall.
- Disaffected \Dis`af*fect"ed\, a.
Alienated in feeling; not wholly loyal. --J. H. Newman. --
Dis`af*fect"ed*ly, adv. -- Dis`af*fect"ed*ness, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Disaffected'
- Disaffected: Disaffected is the eighth album by Piano Magic . Track listing ": "You Can Hear the Room" – 6:22 " "Love & Music" – 4:50 " "Night of the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Disaffected'
Disaffected Sample Sentences in News
- Republican says 'hundreds' of Americans have joined Islamic State. True?
Have hundreds of disaffected Americans traveled overseas to train as terrorists with the brutal Islamic State? He said that IS foreign fighters – Canadian and British citizens, as well as Americans – now pose “a very serious threat” to US interests. IS, also known as ISIS and ISIL, has focused on seizing slices of Syria and Iraq to create what it calls a n Read more on this news related to 'Disaffected'
- Writing is on the wall for graffiti as disaffected youth vent their spleen on Twitter instead
Scotland's Chief Constable Sir Stephen House revealed offences have halved in just five years as messages are posted online instead of on buildings. Read more on this news related to 'Disaffected'
- 'What If' Succeeds By Acknowledging and Embracing its Clichés
A disaffected guy who's given to obnoxiously forlorn behavior like sitting on his roof alone (Daniel Radcliffe) meets a charming girl at a party (Zoe Kazan) who has an implausible job (cutesy animator) and can roll with his weird jokes. Scripter Elan Mastai is working from the play Toothpaste and Cigars by TJ Dawe and Michael Rinaldi; Read more on this news related to 'Disaffected'