Dire Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- causing fear or dread or terror; "the awful war"; "an awful risk"; "dire news"; "a career or vengeance so direful that London was shocked"; "the dread presence of the headmaster"; "polio is no longer the dreaded disease it once was"; "a dreadful storm"; "
- fraught with extreme danger; nearly hopeless; "a desperate illness"; "on all fronts the Allies were in a desperate situation due to lack of materiel"- G.C.Marshall; "a dire emergency"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Dire'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dire'
- Dire: Dire may refer to: Dire Tune (born 19 June, 1985), an Ethiopian long-distance runner; Dire Tladi, a professor of international law at the Department
- Voir dire: Voir dire (/ˈvwɑr ˌdiər/) is a legal phrase that refers to a variety of procedures connected with jury trials. It originally referred to an oath taken
- Non me lo dire!: Non me lo dire! is a 1940 Italian comedy film directed by Mario Mattoli and starring Erminio Macario. Erminio Macario - Michele Colombelli, marchese di
- Dire wolf: The dire wolf (Canis dirus, "fearsome dog") is an extinct carnivorous mammal of the genus Canis, roughly the size of the extant gray wolf, but with a heavier
- Va dire à l'amour: "Va dire à l'amour" ("Go Tell Love") was the Monegasque entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 1965, performed in French by French singer Marjorie Noël.
- Dire Straits: For other uses, see Dire Straits (disambiguation). Dire Straits were a British rock band, formed in 1977 by Mark Knopfler (lead vocals and lead guitar)
- Tu aurais dû me dire (Oser parler d'amour): "Tu aurais dû me dire (Oser parler d'amour)" or "You Should Have Told Me (Dare to Speak of Love)" (in English) is the third single to be released from
Words and phrases related to 'Dire'