Dire Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- causing fear or dread or terror; "the awful war"; "an awful risk"; "dire news"; "a career or vengeance so direful that London was shocked"; "the dread presence of the headmaster"; "polio is no longer the dreaded disease it once was"; "a dreadful storm"; "
- fraught with extreme danger; nearly hopeless; "a desperate illness"; "on all fronts the Allies were in a desperate situation due to lack of materiel"- G.C.Marshall; "a dire emergency"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Dire'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dire'
- Dire: Dire may refer to: Dire Tune (born 19 June, 1985), an Ethiopian long-distance runner; Dire Tladi, a professor of international law at the Department
- Dire Straits: For other uses, see Dire Straits (disambiguation). Dire Straits were a British rock band that formed in Deptford, London, in 1977 by Mark Knopfler (lead
- Dire Dawa: Dire Dawa (Amharic: ድሬ ዳዋ?, Oromo: Dirre Dhawaa, lit. "Place of Remedy", Somali: Dirre Dhabe, meaning "where Dir hit his spear into the ground", Arabic:
- Dire wolf: The dire wolf (Canis dirus, "fearsome dog") is an extinct species of the genus Canis. It is perhaps one of the most famous prehistoric carnivores in North
- Voir dire: Voir dire (/ˈvwɑːr ˌdiər/) is a legal phrase that refers to a variety of procedures connected with jury trials. It originally referred to an oath taken
- Dire animal: listed below: dire ape, dire badger, dire bat, dire bear, dire boar, dire lion, dire rat, dire shark, dire tiger, dire weasel, dire wolf, and dire wolverine
- Dire Wraith: The Dire Wraiths are a fictional extraterrestrial species appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics and IDW Publishing. The Dire Wraiths
Words and phrases related to 'Dire'