Dire Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- causing fear or dread or terror; "the awful war"; "an awful risk"; "dire news"; "a career or vengeance so direful that London was shocked"; "the dread presence of the headmaster"; "polio is no longer the dreaded disease it once was"; "a dreadful storm"; "
- fraught with extreme danger; nearly hopeless; "a desperate illness"; "on all fronts the Allies were in a desperate situation due to lack of materiel"- G.C.Marshall; "a dire emergency"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Dire'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dire'
- Dire: Dire may refer to: Dire Tune (born 19 June, 1985), an Ethiopian long-distance runner; Dire Tladi, a professor of international law at the Department
- Voir dire: Voir dire (/ˈvwɑːr ˌdiər/) is a legal phrase that refers to a variety of procedures connected with jury trials. It originally referred to an oath taken
- Comment te dire adieu (song): "Comment te dire adieu" (English: "How to Say Goodbye to You") is a French adaptation of the song "It Hurts to Say Goodbye". It was recorded by Françoise
- Dire Dawa: Dire Dawa (Amharic: ድሬ ዳዋ?, Oromo: Dirre Dhawaa, lit. "Place of Remedy", Somali: Dirre Dhabe, meaning "where Dir hit his spear into the ground.", Arabic:
- Va dire à l'amour: "Va dire à l'amour" ("Go Tell Love") was the Monegasque entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 1965, performed in French by French singer Marjorie Noël.
- Dire Straits: For other uses, see Dire Straits (disambiguation). Dire Straits were a British rock band that formed in Deptford, London, in 1977 by Mark Knopfler (lead
- List of Dire Straits band members: The British rock band Dire Straits were formed in 1977 by Mark Knopfler (lead vocals and lead guitar), John Illsley (bass guitar and vocals), David Knopfler
Words and phrases related to 'Dire'