Dire Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- causing fear or dread or terror; "the awful war"; "an awful risk"; "dire news"; "a career or vengeance so direful that London was shocked"; "the dread presence of the headmaster"; "polio is no longer the dreaded disease it once was"; "a dreadful storm"; "
- fraught with extreme danger; nearly hopeless; "a desperate illness"; "on all fronts the Allies were in a desperate situation due to lack of materiel"- G.C.Marshall; "a dire emergency"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Dire'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dire'
- Dire: Dire may refer to: Dire Tune (born 19 June, 1985), an Ethiopian long-distance runner; Dire Tladi, a professor of international law at the Department
- Dire Straits: For other uses, see Dire Straits (disambiguation). Dire Straits were a British rock band that formed in Deptford, London, in 1977 by Mark Knopfler (lead
- Dire Dawa: Dire Dawa (Amharic: ድሬ ዳዋ?, Oromo: Dirre Dhawaa, lit. "Place of Remedy", Somali: Dirre Dhabe, meaning "where Dir hit his spear into the ground", Arabic:
- Voir dire: Voir dire (/ˈvwɑːr ˌdiər/) is a legal phrase that refers to a variety of procedures connected with jury trials. It originally referred to an oath taken
- Dire animal: listed below: dire ape, dire badger, dire bat, dire bear, dire boar, dire lion, dire rat, dire shark, dire tiger, dire weasel, dire wolf, and dire wolverine
- Dire Wraith: The Dire Wraiths are a fictional extraterrestrial species appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics and IDW Publishing. The Dire Wraiths
- Dire wolf: The dire wolf (Canis dirus, "fearsome dog") is an extinct species of the genus Canis. It is perhaps one of the most famous prehistoric carnivores in North
Words and phrases related to 'Dire'