Dire Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- causing fear or dread or terror; "the awful war"; "an awful risk"; "dire news"; "a career or vengeance so direful that London was shocked"; "the dread presence of the headmaster"; "polio is no longer the dreaded disease it once was"; "a dreadful storm"; "
- fraught with extreme danger; nearly hopeless; "a desperate illness"; "on all fronts the Allies were in a desperate situation due to lack of materiel"- G.C.Marshall; "a dire emergency"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Dire'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dire'
- Dire: As a location, Dire may refer to: Diré, Mali Dire (woreda) – one of the 180 woredas in the Oromia Region of Ethiopia.
- Voir dire: Voir dire (/ˈvwɑr ˌdiər/) is a legal phrase that refers to a variety of procedures connected with jury trials. It originally referred to an oath taken
- Dire Dawa: Dire Dawa (Amharic: ድሬ ዳዋ?, Oromo: Dirre Dhawaa, lit. "Place of Remedy", Somali: Dir Dhabe, meaning "Limit of the Dir") is one of two chartered cities
- Non me lo dire!: Non me lo dire! is a 1940 Italian comedy film directed by Mario Mattoli and starring Erminio Macario. Erminio Macario - Michele Colombelli, marchese di
- Dire wolf: The dire wolf (Canis dirus "fearsome dog") is an extinct carnivorous mammal of the genus Canis, roughly the size of the extant gray wolf, but with a heavier
- Va dire à l'amour: "Va dire à l'amour" ("Go Tell Love") was the Monegasque entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 1965, performed in French by French singer Marjorie Noël.
- Walk of Life (Dire Straits song): "Walk of Life" is a song by the British rock band Dire Straits. It appeared on their best-selling album Brothers in Arms. It subsequently appeared on their
Words and phrases related to 'Dire'