Dictation Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- matter that has been dictated and transcribed; a dictated passage; "he mailed the dictation without bothering to read it"
- speech intended for reproduction in writing
- an authoritative direction or instruction to do something
Definitions from Wiktionary
- an authoritative direction or instruction to do something ,
- speech intended for reproduction in writing ,
- matter that has been dictated and transcribed; a dictated passage; "he signed and mailed his dictation without bothering to read it"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Dictation'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dictation'
- Dictation: Dictation can refer to: Dictation (exercise), when one person speaks while another person transcribes what is spoken. A dictation machine, a device used
- Dictation (exercise): Cha, see Dictee. Dictation is the transcription of spoken text: one person who is "dictating" speaks and another who is "taking dictation" writes down the
- Dictation machine: A dictation machine is a sound recording device most commonly used to record speech for later playback or to be typed into print. It includes digital
- Digital dictation: Digital dictation is a method of recording and editing the spoken word in real-time. The recording is done by the use of a digital recorder. Digital recorders
- Dragon Dictation: Dragon Dictation is a speech recognition application for Apple's iOS platforms including iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. The app provides automatic speech-to-text
Dictation Sample Sentences in News
- Dictation: write by voice FREE
I believe that technology should help to improve the quality of life, one of the ways is to use apps made specifically for this purpose.This... Read more on this news related to 'Dictation'
- Smartphone Accessory turns mobile devices into PosiTector gauges.
Working with PosiSoft Mobile app, PosiTector SmartLink accessory turns cellphone or tablet into virtual PosiTector gauge. Mobile Integration, which does not require Internet connection, utilizes smart device utility, including touchscreen keyboard, microphone, camera, Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, cellular, and dictation tools. Online integration with Internet connectio Read more on this news related to 'Dictation'
- Most Popular
The writer is a member of staff. WELL, at least now we know: he’ll take dictation. Nawaz I-won’t-take-dictation Sharif is dead, but what about this new fella? Post-Peshawar, now into a third calendar year of his third stint in power, how’s new, lame-duck Nawaz doing? Read more on this news related to 'Dictation'