Dictation Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- matter that has been dictated and transcribed; a dictated passage; "he mailed the dictation without bothering to read it"
- speech intended for reproduction in writing
- an authoritative direction or instruction to do something
Definitions from Wiktionary
- an authoritative direction or instruction to do something ,
- speech intended for reproduction in writing ,
- matter that has been dictated and transcribed; a dictated passage; "he signed and mailed his dictation without bothering to read it"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Dictation'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dictation'
- Dictation: Dictation can refer to: Dictation (exercise), when one person speaks while another person transcribes what is spoken. A dictation machine, a device used
- Dictation (exercise): Cha, see Dictee. Dictation is the transcription of spoken text: one person who is "dictating" speaks and another who is "taking dictation" writes down the
- Dictation machine: A dictation machine is a sound recording device most commonly used to record speech for later playback or to be typed into print. It includes digital
- Digital dictation: Digital dictation is a method of recording and editing the spoken word in real-time. The recording is done by the use of a digital recorder. Digital recorders
- Dragon Dictation: Dragon Dictation is a speech recognition application for Apple's iOS platforms including iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. The app provides automatic speech-to-text
Dictation Sample Sentences in News
- Philips Dictation Recorder Wins Prestigious iF Design Award
Speech Processing Solutions, the international leader in professional dictation, has been awarded the renowned iF Design Award for its latest Philips Voice Tracer digital recorder Read more on this news related to 'Dictation'
- Pointers: Dictation on OS X
This is about getting more from dictation in OS X, but really it's about getting anything from it at all: we're prepared to bet that you've never even switched the feature on. That might be because you're already addicted to Dragon Dictate, and if that is the case, you carry on. If it's that you just haven't looked, or if you don't beli Read more on this news related to 'Dictation'
- GP Practices across Middleton adopt new digital dictation technology to improve patient care
Eight GP practices in Middleton, Manchester, have adopted Lexacom Digital Dictation to support effective joint working and improve patient service across the town. (PRWeb March 06, 2015) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Lexacom/digitaldictation/prweb12562959.htm Read more on this news related to 'Dictation'