Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Deuce'
Deuce Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a tie in tennis or table tennis that requires winning two successive points to win the game
- the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one or a numeral representing this number [syn: two, 2, II]
- a word used in exclamations of confusion; "what the devil"; "the deuce with it"; "the dickens you say" [syn: devil, dickens]
- one of the four playing cards in a deck that have two spots
- Deuce \Deuce\, n. [Cf. LL. dusius, Armor, dus, te[^u]z, phantom,
specter; Gael. taibhs, taibhse, apparition, ghost; or fr. OF.
deus God, fr. L. deus (cf. Deity).]
The devil; a demon. [A euphemism, written also deuse.]
- Deuce \Deuce\ (d[=u]s), n. [F. deux two, OF. deus, fr. L. duo.
- (Gaming) Two; a card or a die with two spots; as, the deuce of hearts.
- (Tennis) A condition of the score beginning whenever each side has won three strokes in the same game (also reckoned ``40 all''), and reverted to as often as a tie is made until one of the sides secures two successive strokes following a tie or deuce, which decides the game.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Deuce'
- Deuce: Deuce, derived from French, refers to the number two . Deuce may also refer to: People : Deuce McAllister , an American football player for the ...
- Deuce (song): "Deuce" is a song written by Kiss bassist /vocalist Gene Simmons that first appeared on Kiss' eponymous 1974 debut album . ...
- Deuce (band): Deuce were a British pop group that found success in the mid 1990s. A two male, two female quartet , they released four Top 30 singles ...
- Deuce (play): Deuce is a play by Terrence McNally . The Broadway production, directed by Michael Blakemore , starred Angela Lansbury as blue collar ...
- English Electric DEUCE: The DEUCE (Digital Electronic Universal Computing Engine) was one of the earliest British commercially available computer s, built by ...
- Deuce (The D.O.C. album): Deuce is the third studio album by West Coast Dallas rapper The D.O.C., and the second since the car accident which severely damaged his ...
- The Deuce: The Deuce is the name of the double-decker bus line serving Las Vegas operated by RTC Transit . These buses went into service on October ...
- Deuce (Korn DVD): Deuce is the second DVD by the American nu metal band, Korn . It was released on June 11, 2002 - the same day as band's fifth studio ...
- Deuce (Rory Gallagher album): Deuce is the second solo album by Rory Gallagher , released in 1971. organised sound, Deuce was an effort by Gallagher to capture the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Deuce'
Deuce Sample Sentences in News
- The Deuce and Jason Ross Show – July 21, 2014
Monday on The Deuce and Jason Ross Show the gang talks about their long week off away from the show! The guys talk about the Kings playing in the NBA Summer League championship game tonight […] Read more on this news related to 'Deuce'
- Monday Mascot: Deuce
(KPLR) – The Monday Mascot for July 21, 2014 is a dog named Deuce. Deuce is a three-year-old Plott Hound, Boxer mix. He has plenty of energy, basic obedience skills and is house trained. He’s available for adoption. If you want to adopt Deuce, just go to the APA on Hanley Road, here’s the information: […] Read more on this news related to 'Deuce'
- The Deuce and Jason Ross Show – July 8, 2014
Tuesday on The Deuce and Jason Ross Show the guys talk about the Bay Bridge series and why the A’s look so good. A’s Analyst Shooty Babitt joins the show to talk about the Bay […] Read more on this news related to 'Deuce'