Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Deuce'
Deuce Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a tie in tennis or table tennis that requires winning two successive points to win the game
- the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one or a numeral representing this number [syn: two, 2, II]
- a word used in exclamations of confusion; "what the devil"; "the deuce with it"; "the dickens you say" [syn: devil, dickens]
- one of the four playing cards in a deck that have two spots
- Deuce \Deuce\, n. [Cf. LL. dusius, Armor, dus, te[^u]z, phantom,
specter; Gael. taibhs, taibhse, apparition, ghost; or fr. OF.
deus God, fr. L. deus (cf. Deity).]
The devil; a demon. [A euphemism, written also deuse.]
- Deuce \Deuce\ (d[=u]s), n. [F. deux two, OF. deus, fr. L. duo.
- (Gaming) Two; a card or a die with two spots; as, the deuce of hearts.
- (Tennis) A condition of the score beginning whenever each side has won three strokes in the same game (also reckoned ``40 all''), and reverted to as often as a tie is made until one of the sides secures two successive strokes following a tie or deuce, which decides the game.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Deuce'
- Deuce: Deuce, derived from French, refers to the number two . Deuce may also refer to: People : Deuce McAllister , an American football player for the ...
- Deuce (song): "Deuce" is a song written by Kiss bassist /vocalist Gene Simmons that first appeared on Kiss' eponymous 1974 debut album . ...
- Deuce (band): Deuce were a British pop group that found success in the mid 1990s. A two male, two female quartet , they released four Top 30 singles ...
- Deuce (play): Deuce is a play by Terrence McNally . The Broadway production, directed by Michael Blakemore , starred Angela Lansbury as blue collar ...
- English Electric DEUCE: The DEUCE (Digital Electronic Universal Computing Engine) was one of the earliest British commercially available computer s, built by ...
- Deuce (The D.O.C. album): Deuce is the third studio album by West Coast Dallas rapper The D.O.C., and the second since the car accident which severely damaged his ...
- The Deuce: The Deuce is the name of the double-decker bus line serving Las Vegas operated by RTC Transit . These buses went into service on October ...
- Deuce (Korn DVD): Deuce is the second DVD by the American nu metal band, Korn . It was released on June 11, 2002 - the same day as band's fifth studio ...
- Deuce (Rory Gallagher album): Deuce is the second solo album by Rory Gallagher , released in 1971. organised sound, Deuce was an effort by Gallagher to capture the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Deuce'
Deuce Sample Sentences in News
- Deuce Bello transfer: High-flying ex-Baylor wing picks Missouri
Baylor transfer Deuce Bello has decided that he'll continue his career with the Mizzou Tigers, as the athletic wing has reportedly pledged to Frank Haith for his final two years of college eligibility: Missouri Rivals.com site reporting former Baylor guard Deuce Bello will transfer to Missouri. — David Smoak (@DavidSmoak) May 20, 2013 Bello, a 6'4 guard Read more on this news related to 'Deuce'
- Can a fresh start at Missouri help Deuce Bello tap into his potential?
As soon as the first report surfaced Monday morning that Missouri had landed Baylor transfer Deuce Bello, Tigers fans on social media responded in a wide variety of ways. Some lauded Bello's potential, posting high school highlight reels in which … Continue reading → Read more on this news related to 'Deuce'
- Deuce Bello will transfer from Baylor to Missouri
Former Baylor swingman Deuce Bello — once ranked by Rivals.com as the No. 54 player in the country — has decided to transfer to Mizzou. “I just feel like the coaching staff is good, and I’ve been cool with (associate coach) Tim (Fuller) for a while,” Bello said. “At Baylor, we played Mizzou three times and I like their style of play.” Read more on this news related to 'Deuce'