Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Deuce'
Deuce Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a tie in tennis or table tennis that requires winning two successive points to win the game
- the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one or a numeral representing this number [syn: two, 2, II]
- a word used in exclamations of confusion; "what the devil"; "the deuce with it"; "the dickens you say" [syn: devil, dickens]
- one of the four playing cards in a deck that have two spots
- Deuce \Deuce\, n. [Cf. LL. dusius, Armor, dus, te[^u]z, phantom,
specter; Gael. taibhs, taibhse, apparition, ghost; or fr. OF.
deus God, fr. L. deus (cf. Deity).]
The devil; a demon. [A euphemism, written also deuse.]
- Deuce \Deuce\ (d[=u]s), n. [F. deux two, OF. deus, fr. L. duo.
- (Gaming) Two; a card or a die with two spots; as, the deuce of hearts.
- (Tennis) A condition of the score beginning whenever each side has won three strokes in the same game (also reckoned ``40 all''), and reverted to as often as a tie is made until one of the sides secures two successive strokes following a tie or deuce, which decides the game.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Deuce'
- Deuce: Deuce, derived from French, refers to the number two . Deuce may also refer to: People : Deuce McAllister , an American football player for the ...
- Deuce (song): "Deuce" is a song written by Kiss bassist /vocalist Gene Simmons that first appeared on Kiss' eponymous 1974 debut album . ...
- Deuce (band): Deuce were a British pop group that found success in the mid 1990s. A two male, two female quartet , they released four Top 30 singles ...
- Deuce (play): Deuce is a play by Terrence McNally . The Broadway production, directed by Michael Blakemore , starred Angela Lansbury as blue collar ...
- English Electric DEUCE: The DEUCE (Digital Electronic Universal Computing Engine) was one of the earliest British commercially available computer s, built by ...
- Deuce (The D.O.C. album): Deuce is the third studio album by West Coast Dallas rapper The D.O.C., and the second since the car accident which severely damaged his ...
- The Deuce: The Deuce is the name of the double-decker bus line serving Las Vegas operated by RTC Transit . These buses went into service on October ...
- Deuce (Korn DVD): Deuce is the second DVD by the American nu metal band, Korn . It was released on June 11, 2002 - the same day as band's fifth studio ...
- Deuce (Rory Gallagher album): Deuce is the second solo album by Rory Gallagher , released in 1971. organised sound, Deuce was an effort by Gallagher to capture the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Deuce'