Desultory Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- marked by lack of definite plan or regularity or purpose; jumping from one thing to another; "desultory thoughts"; "the desultory conversation characteristic of cocktail parties"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Desultory'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Desultory'
- Desultory: Desultory was part of the first wave of Swedish death metal bands, alongside Entombed , Dismember , and others. Into Eternity, their ...
- A Simple Desultory Philippic (or How I Was Robert McNamara'd into Submission): "A Simple Desultory Philippic (or How I Was Robert McNamara'd Into Submission)" is a song written by American singer-songwriter Paul Simon ...
Words and phrases related to 'Desultory'
Desultory Sample Sentences in News
- Welcome departure from popular cinema’s desultory norm
Teen and young-adult viewers empathize strongly with the current film, “If I Stay,” which is about a teen cello prodigy who unexpectedly finds herself falling in love with a rocker. Read more on this news related to 'Desultory'
- Seahawks lose to Raiders to end preseason 2-2
The preseason ended in rather desultory fashion for the Seahawks in Oakland Thursday night as the Raiders beat a mistake-prone Seattle team 41-31. I'll have more later --- here are the stats. Seattle ends the preseason 2-2 and now prepares for the regular season opener against Green Bay Thursday at the CLink. Read more on this news related to 'Desultory'
- UB turning attention to defense
The time is now for the University at Buffalo defense to start looking like a presentable unit. The Bulls defenders enter today’s game against lower-division Norfolk State on the heels of three desultory outings. Read more on this news related to 'Desultory'