Desensitized Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- made less sensitive; "desensitized to the allergen"; "desensitized photographic film is less sensitive to light"
- rendered emotionally insensitive; "a desensitized public indifferent to the violence in films"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Desensitized'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Desensitized'
- Desensitized: Desensitized may refer to: Desensitized (Pitchshifter album), 1993 Desensitized (Drowning Pool album), 2004 "Desensitized" (Green Day song), 1997 "Desensitized"
- Desensitized (Pitchshifter album): Desensitized is an album by the industrial metal band, Pitchshifter, released in 1993. A music video was made for the track "Triad" that featured the band
- Desensitized (Drowning Pool album): at Pinnacle Entertainment "Desensitized - Drowning Pool". Allmusic. Richardson, Sean (2004-04-23). "Desensitized Review". Entertainment Weekly.
Desensitized Sample Sentences in News
- ISIS Beheading Video: Is The World Growing Desensitized To Islamic State Propaganda?
When the Islamic State terror group released a new video Sunday showing a series of bloody beheadings, including that of U.S. aid worker Peter Kassig, newpapers, TV networks and news sites once again featured blaring headlines detailing and decrying the latest piece of ISIS propaganda. But the stories of militant terror seem to be having diminishing impact on view Read more on this news related to 'Desensitized'
- Americans have become desensitized
Grego sounds off on how America has become more desensitized. “Have you heard, to promote an upcoming photo shoot or something, Kim “my brains are in my butt” Kardashian is “behind” a campaign to break the internet with this picture of her face. We’d show you the whole thing but I thought we’d leave something […] Read more on this news related to 'Desensitized'
- Are Parents Getting Too Used to Sex and Violence in the Media?
When we talk about media violence and sex, we talk a lot about how there's so much of it that kids are getting desensitized to it. But maybe we should be just as worried about parents getting desensitized. Read more on this news related to 'Desensitized'