Derogatory Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- expressive of low opinion; "derogatory comments"; "disparaging remarks about the new house"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Derogatory'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Derogatory'
- Greaser (derogatory): Greaser was a derogatory term for a Mexican in what is now the U.S. Southwest in the 19th century. The slur likely derived from what ...
- Harry (derogatory term): Harry is a Norwegian derogatory term used in slang, derived from the English name Harry The best English translation may be "cheesy" or ...
- Most Highly Derogatory Order of the Irremovable Finger: The Most Highly Derogatory Order of the Irremovable Finger, abbreviated to MHDOIF, was a spoof decoration for military incompetence, which ...
Words and phrases related to 'Derogatory'
Derogatory Sample Sentences in News
- FCC head: 'Redskins' is 'offensive and derogatory'
WASHINGTON (AP) — The head of the Federal Communications Commission says the Washington Redskins nickname is "offensive and derogatory." Read more on this news related to 'Derogatory'
- RCMP investigate officer after derogatory comments about First Nation
A derogatory online comment about people in a northern Saskatchewan First Nations community has led the RCMP to look into one of their own officers. On Monday an article was shared on a Facebook page about an incident at the Sucker River Reserve. Read more on this news related to 'Derogatory'
- Not happy Barnaby: PGA hits back
THE Pastoralists and Graziers Association has hit back at “derogatory” corporatising comments from Barnaby Joyce. Read more on this news related to 'Derogatory'