Derogatory Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- expressive of low opinion; "derogatory comments"; "disparaging remarks about the new house"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Derogatory'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Derogatory'
- Greaser (derogatory): For other uses, see Greaser. Greaser was a derogatory term for a Mexican in what is now the U.S. Southwest in the 19th century. The slur likely derived
Words and phrases related to 'Derogatory'
Derogatory Sample Sentences in News
- Barca could be fined over fans' derogatory chant about Ronaldo
Barcelona and their supporters face punishment after they were reported on Tuesday for repeated derogatory chants against Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo during Sunday's 5-0 win over Levante at Camp Nou. Read more on this news related to 'Derogatory'
- Documentary on 2012 Delhi gang rape banned in India
By Aditya Kalra NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A documentary film about the fatal gang rape of a woman in New Delhi in 2012 has been banned in India over government concerns about derogatory comments made by one of the rapists and the violation of guidelines set for filmmakers. Leslee Udwin's "India's Daughter" features conversations with Mukesh Singh and Read more on this news related to 'Derogatory'
- Florida teacher accused of calling Muslim student derogatory names
BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. (CNN) – The parents of a Florida high school student are demanding reprimands for a teacher who they say called their son derogatory names. “I’m into Boy Scouts, and here’s a picture of me at Florida Sea Base. I love building Legos. It’s my pride and joy,” said the 14-year-old boy. Wardani is […] Read more on this news related to 'Derogatory'