Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Denigration'
Denigration Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a belittling comment [syn: belittling]
- an abusive attack on a person's character or good name [syn: aspersion, calumny, slander, defamation]
- the act of expressing disapproval (especially of yourself) [syn: deprecation]
- Denigration \Den`i*gra"tion\, n. [L. denigratio.]
- The act of making black. --Boyle.
- Fig.: A blackening; defamation. The vigorous denigration of science. --Morley.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Denigration'
Words and phrases related to 'Denigration'
Denigration Sample Sentences in News
- Strip bars stay open despite ‘denigration’ fear
TWO strip clubs in Hull have been allowed to stay open, despite objections from residents. Read more on this news related to 'Denigration'
- In Thatcher’s shadow
THE denigration of Australia’s first female prime minister on the basis of her gender echoes that endured by the first woman PM of Great Britain. Read more on this news related to 'Denigration'
- Cotard's syndrome: Living without the brain
Psychiatrists call Cotard's syndrome a delusion of grandeur turned inside out. The disease is a mania of self-denigration. Patients state that they are dead, decayed and are walking dead, or that they are criminals and murderers. Read more on this news related to 'Denigration'