Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Denigration'
Denigration Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a belittling comment [syn: belittling]
- an abusive attack on a person's character or good name [syn: aspersion, calumny, slander, defamation]
- the act of expressing disapproval (especially of yourself) [syn: deprecation]
- Denigration \Den`i*gra"tion\, n. [L. denigratio.]
- The act of making black. --Boyle.
- Fig.: A blackening; defamation. The vigorous denigration of science. --Morley.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Denigration'
Words and phrases related to 'Denigration'
Denigration Sample Sentences in News
- Savage Love
Good/funny/subversive drag is a burlesque on what it means to be male, not a denigration of what it means to be female. Are you a slut? Or are you a woman who loves sex, has a high libido and has sex with a lot of willing and grateful partners?… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ] Read more on this news related to 'Denigration'
- The Hall of Fame ballot: Annual exercise in frustration
Each year at this time the BBWAA seizes the spotlight for ritualistic hand-wringing over the ballot and the denigration of the very players they're supposed to be celebrating. A year ago, the Hall of Fame voters of the Baseball Writers Association of America sent a big F-you out to the public by failing to elect anyone still breathing to the Hall of Fame. Equa Read more on this news related to 'Denigration'