Demarcation Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a conceptual separation or demarcation; "there is a narrow line between sanity and insanity"
- the boundary of a specific area
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the boundary of a specific area ,
- a conceptual separation or distinction; "there is a narrow line between sanity and insanity"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Demarcation'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Demarcation'
- Demarcation: Demarcation is the act of creating a boundary around a place or thing Demarcation may also refer to: Demarcation line, a temporary border between the countries
- Demarcation dispute: A demarcation dispute is a dispute between (usually) two trades unions as to who should do a particular job, and is associated with multi-unionism in
- Demarcation problem: The demarcation problem in the philosophy of science is about how to distinguish between science and nonscience, including between science, pseudoscience
- Demarcation point: For the German currency, see Deutsche Mark. In telephony, the demarcation point is the point at which the public switched telephone network ends
- Line of Demarcation (film): Line of Demarcation is a 1966 film written and directed by Claude Chabrol. Its title in French is La Ligne de démarcation. It is based on upon the memoir
- Demarcation line: political demarcation line is a temporary geopolitical border, often agreed upon as part of an armistice or ceasefire. This is a list of such demarcation lines
- German–Soviet Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Demarcation: The German–Soviet Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Demarcation (also known as the German–Soviet Boundary and Friendship Treaty) was a treaty signed
- Municipal Demarcation Board: The Municipal Demarcation Board is an independent authority responsible for delimiting the boundaries of South African districts and municipalities and
- Military Demarcation Line: The Military Demarcation Line (MDL), sometimes referred to as the Armistice Line, is the land border or demarcation line between North Korea and South
Words and phrases related to 'Demarcation'
Demarcation Sample Sentences in News
- Ukrainian military pulls back heavy weaponry from eastern front
Withdrawl of artillery and creation of buffer zone is second step after ceasefire in 12-point agreement agreed in truce talks Kiev’s forces have begun pulling back heavy weapons from the frontlines in eastern Ukraine, marking a step forward for the troubled peace plan agreed in Minsk this month. Army command said on Thursday that it would withdraw 100mm cannons Read more on this news related to 'Demarcation'
- Poroshenko rejects change of territorial lines enshrined in Minsk pact
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said on Saturday he could not accept any changes to the so-called "demarcation lines" laid out in the Minsk peace agreement with pro-Russian separatists. "The Minsk protocol is not a buffet in the Bayerischer Hof hotel," Poroshenko said, referring to the location of the Munich security conference where he wa Read more on this news related to 'Demarcation'
- Ukraine not satisfied with Russia on rebel status: RIA cites source
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Ukraine is not satisfied with a Russian proposal on the demarcation line which separates rebels and Ukrainian forces, and its position on the future status of rebel-held territory in eastern Ukraine. (Reporting by Maria Kiselyova; Writing by Elizabeth Piper) Read more on this news related to 'Demarcation'