Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Demarcation'
Demarcation Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the boundary of a specific area [syn: limit, demarcation line}]
- a conceptual separation or demarcation; "there is a narrow line between sanity and insanity" [syn: line, dividing line, contrast]
- Demarcation \De`mar*ca"tion\, n. [F. d['e]marcation; pref.
d['e]- (L. de) + marquer to mark, of German origin. See
The act of marking, or of ascertaining and setting a limit;
The speculative line of demarcation, where obedience
ought to end and resistance must begin, is faint,
obscure, and not easily definable. --Burke.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Demarcation'
- Demarcation: Demarcation is the act of creating a boundary around a place or thing. Demarcation may also refer to: Demarcation line , a temporary border ...
- Demarcation problem: The demarcation problem (or boundary problem) in the philosophy of science is about how and where to draw the lines around science . ...
- Demarcation line: A demarcation line means simply a boundary around a specific area, but is commonly used to denote a temporary geopolitical border , often ...
- Demarcation point: In telephony , the demarcation point is the point at which the telephone company network ends and connects with the wiring at the customer ...
- Military Demarcation Line: The Military Demarcation Line (MDL), sometimes referred to as the Armistice Line, is the land border or demarcation line between North ...
- Demarcation dispute: A demarcation dispute occurs when two labour unions claim the right to represent the same class or group of workers. This is particularly ...
- Municipal Demarcation Board: The Municipal Demarcation Board is an independent authority responsible for delimiting the boundaries of South Africa n districts and ...
- German–Soviet Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Demarcation: The German–Soviet Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Demarcation (also German–Soviet Boundary and Friendship Treaty) was a treaty signed ...
Words and phrases related to 'Demarcation'
Demarcation Sample Sentences in News
- Egypt: Sisi Discusses Governorates' Border Demarcation
[Aswat Masriya]Cairo -Three new governorates will be added to Egypt's map, as per a new border demarcation plan discussed by President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi on Monday. Read more on this news related to 'Demarcation'
- Iran FM visits Iraqi neighbour at war with IS
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif on Sunday began a two-day visit to Iraq, which is fighting a Sunni Muslim insurgency led by Islamic State jihadists, state news agency IRNA reported. It said he was to meet his Iraqi counterpart Hoshyar Zebari as well as the prime minister-designate, Haidar al-Abadi, with the issue of the Iran-Iraq border demarcation a Read more on this news related to 'Demarcation'
- Govt Working With China on Border Dispute in Shan State
RANGOON: Foreign Minister Wunna Maung Lwin has told Parliament that the government is working with Chinese officials to resolve Shan communities’ complaints over the demarcation of the Burma-China border. Read more on this news related to 'Demarcation'