Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Demarcation'
Demarcation Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the boundary of a specific area [syn: limit, demarcation line}]
- a conceptual separation or demarcation; "there is a narrow line between sanity and insanity" [syn: line, dividing line, contrast]
- Demarcation \De`mar*ca"tion\, n. [F. d['e]marcation; pref.
d['e]- (L. de) + marquer to mark, of German origin. See
The act of marking, or of ascertaining and setting a limit;
The speculative line of demarcation, where obedience
ought to end and resistance must begin, is faint,
obscure, and not easily definable. --Burke.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Demarcation'
- Demarcation: Demarcation is the act of creating a boundary around a place or thing. Demarcation may also refer to: Demarcation line , a temporary border ...
- Demarcation problem: The demarcation problem (or boundary problem) in the philosophy of science is about how and where to draw the lines around science . ...
- Demarcation line: A demarcation line means simply a boundary around a specific area, but is commonly used to denote a temporary geopolitical border , often ...
- Demarcation point: In telephony , the demarcation point is the point at which the telephone company network ends and connects with the wiring at the customer ...
- Military Demarcation Line: The Military Demarcation Line (MDL), sometimes referred to as the Armistice Line, is the land border or demarcation line between North ...
- Demarcation dispute: A demarcation dispute occurs when two labour unions claim the right to represent the same class or group of workers. This is particularly ...
- Municipal Demarcation Board: The Municipal Demarcation Board is an independent authority responsible for delimiting the boundaries of South Africa n districts and ...
- German–Soviet Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Demarcation: The German–Soviet Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Demarcation (also German–Soviet Boundary and Friendship Treaty) was a treaty signed ...
Words and phrases related to 'Demarcation'
Demarcation Sample Sentences in News
- Cameroon-Nigeria border settlement faces tough development challenges
Despite progress in a difficult demarcation process, the Bakassi region faces an uphill struggle with basic services and security Twelve years after an international court of justice (ICJ) ruling demarcated the Cameroon-Nigeria border , the UN and the governments of both countries are making headway in physically laying down the border and helping develop the long Read more on this news related to 'Demarcation'
- Sumitomo Electric Lightwave and Omnitron Launch DPoE™/DAC Interoperability at CableLabs® Winter Conference 2014 ...
Sumitomo Electric Lightwave and Omnitron Systems today announced the successful completion of interoperability testing of the DEMARC Auto-Configuration process with Sumitomo’s FSU7100 DPoE™ Qualified Series EPON Optical Line Terminal and Omnitron’s iConverter® GM4 Network Interface Demarcation Device. The DAC process provides automatic provisioning of the Read more on this news related to 'Demarcation'
- Nigeria: Cameroun Demarcates Cross River Villages for Annexation - 20 Communities Affected
[This Day]Buoyed by the successful ceding of Bakassi Peninsula to it, the Republic of Cameroun is currently carrying out a demarcation of border villages in Cross River State in preparation for its full annexation. The government of Cameroun in conjunction with some officials of the United Nations embarked on the exercise about 10 days ago, according to a petition Read more on this news related to 'Demarcation'