Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Demarcation'
Demarcation Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the boundary of a specific area [syn: limit, demarcation line}]
- a conceptual separation or demarcation; "there is a narrow line between sanity and insanity" [syn: line, dividing line, contrast]
- Demarcation \De`mar*ca"tion\, n. [F. d['e]marcation; pref.
d['e]- (L. de) + marquer to mark, of German origin. See
The act of marking, or of ascertaining and setting a limit;
The speculative line of demarcation, where obedience
ought to end and resistance must begin, is faint,
obscure, and not easily definable. --Burke.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Demarcation'
- Demarcation: Demarcation is the act of creating a boundary around a place or thing. Demarcation may also refer to: Demarcation line , a temporary border ...
- Demarcation problem: The demarcation problem (or boundary problem) in the philosophy of science is about how and where to draw the lines around science . ...
- Demarcation line: A demarcation line means simply a boundary around a specific area, but is commonly used to denote a temporary geopolitical border , often ...
- Demarcation point: In telephony , the demarcation point is the point at which the telephone company network ends and connects with the wiring at the customer ...
- Military Demarcation Line: The Military Demarcation Line (MDL), sometimes referred to as the Armistice Line, is the land border or demarcation line between North ...
- Demarcation dispute: A demarcation dispute occurs when two labour unions claim the right to represent the same class or group of workers. This is particularly ...
- Municipal Demarcation Board: The Municipal Demarcation Board is an independent authority responsible for delimiting the boundaries of South Africa n districts and ...
- German–Soviet Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Demarcation: The German–Soviet Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Demarcation (also German–Soviet Boundary and Friendship Treaty) was a treaty signed ...
Words and phrases related to 'Demarcation'
Demarcation Sample Sentences in News
- Chinese incursion will continue unless there is clear demarcation: Uday Bhaskar
New Delhi, July 27 (ANI): Defence Expert Uday Bhaskar on Sunday said that incidents of Chinese incursion into India territory will continue unless there is a clear demarcation of border between India and China. Unless you have a line, there would be this kind of testing each other's presence," said Bhaskar. "We have seen a steady pattern of such repo Read more on this news related to 'Demarcation'
- LATEST NEWS:
China and South Korea said maritime demarcation talks will officially start in 2015, with the goal of eliminating one of the few concerns in the thriving bilateral relationship. Read more on this news related to 'Demarcation'
- China, S. Korea aim to settle sea boundaries
China and South Korea said maritime demarcation talks will officially start in 2015, with the goal of eliminating one of the few concerns in the thriving bilateral relationship Read more on this news related to 'Demarcation'