Demarcation Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a conceptual separation or demarcation; "there is a narrow line between sanity and insanity"
- the boundary of a specific area
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the boundary of a specific area ,
- a conceptual separation or distinction; "there is a narrow line between sanity and insanity"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Demarcation'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Demarcation'
- Demarcation: Demarcation is the act of creating a boundary around a place or thing Demarcation may also refer to: Demarcation line, a temporary border between the countries
- Demarcation dispute: A demarcation dispute is a dispute between (usually) two trades unions as to who should do a particular job, and is associated with multi-unionism in
- Demarcation problem: The demarcation problem in the philosophy of science is about how to distinguish between science and nonscience, including between science, pseudoscience
- Demarcation point: For the German currency, see Deutsche Mark. In telephony, the demarcation point is the point at which the public switched telephone network ends
- Line of Demarcation (film): Line of Demarcation is a 1966 film written and directed by Claude Chabrol. Its title in French is La Ligne de démarcation. It is based on upon the memoir
- Municipal Demarcation Board: The Municipal Demarcation Board is an independent authority responsible for delimiting the boundaries of South African districts and municipalities and
- German–Soviet Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Demarcation: The German–Soviet Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Demarcation (also known as the German–Soviet Boundary and Friendship Treaty) was a treaty signed
- Demarcation line: political demarcation line is a temporary geopolitical border, often agreed upon as part of an armistice or ceasefire. This is a list of such demarcation lines
- Military Demarcation Line: The Military Demarcation Line (MDL), sometimes referred to as the Armistice Line, is the land border or demarcation line between North Korea and South
Words and phrases related to 'Demarcation'
Demarcation Sample Sentences in News
- 11 plots abandoned in Sec 57 due to faulty land demarcation: CAG report
A CAG report has claimed that wrong demarcation of land in Sector 57 resulted in 11 plots in the sector being abandoned, thereby causing the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) a loss of Rs 3.35 crore. Read more on this news related to 'Demarcation'
- Two assemblies fight over boundary demarcation
long-standing dispute on boundary demarcation and tax revenues between Ga South Municipal Assembly in Greater Accra region and Awutu Senya East Municipal Assembly in Central region is far from over, Today can report. Read more on this news related to 'Demarcation'
- Sudan, S. Sudan agree on technical details of border demarcation
March 20; 2015 (KHARTOUM) – Sudan and South Sudan agreed on technical details related to the demarcation of the joint border, the African Union said on Friday. Since the South Sudan independence the agreed border between the two countries is not yet demarcated (marked on the ground). Also, talks between the two sides continue to delimit the remaining 20% dispute Read more on this news related to 'Demarcation'