Deflect Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- impede the movement of (an opponent or a ball); "block an attack"
- draw someone''s attention away from something; "The thief distracted the bystanders"; "He deflected his competitors"
- turn aside
- turn from a straight course , fixed direction, or line of interest
- prevent the occurrence of; prevent from happening; "Let''s avoid a confrontation"; "head off a confrontation"; "avert a strike"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Deflect'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Deflect'
- Deflection: using lasers, formerly known as Deflexion All pages beginning with "Deflection" All pages with titles containing "Deflection" Deflector (disambiguation)
- Smoke deflectors: Smoke deflectors, sometimes called "blinkers" in the UK because of their strong resemblance to the blinkers used on horses, are vertical plates attached
- Pass deflected: In American football, a pass deflected, also known as a pass deflection, a pass defended, a pass defensed, a pass knockdown, or a pass breakup, is an
- Deflector: Deflector may refer to: Jet blast deflector Wind deflector Fire screen Deflector shield, in Star Trek Drop Pipe Deflector All pages beginning with "Deflector"
- Deflected Jets: Deflected Jets is a public artwork by American artist Guido Peter Brink located on the Fire Engine Company #29 grounds, which is at 3529 South 84th Street
- Jet blast deflector: A jet blast deflector (JBD) or blast fence is a safety device that redirects the high energy exhaust from a jet engine to prevent damage and injury. The
- Window deflector: A window deflector is mounted above the doors of some automobiles, to protect the inside of the car from rain or other precipitation in case of slightly
Words and phrases related to 'Deflect'