Deflect Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- impede the movement of (an opponent or a ball); "block an attack"
- draw someone''s attention away from something; "The thief distracted the bystanders"; "He deflected his competitors"
- turn aside
- turn from a straight course , fixed direction, or line of interest
- prevent the occurrence of; prevent from happening; "Let''s avoid a confrontation"; "head off a confrontation"; "avert a strike"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Deflect'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Deflect'
- Deflection: using lasers, formerly known as Deflexion All pages beginning with "Deflection" All pages with titles containing "Deflection" Deflector (disambiguation)
- Smoke deflectors: Smoke deflectors, sometimes called "blinkers" in the UK because of their strong resemblance to the blinkers used on horses, are vertical plates attached
- Pass deflected: In American football, a pass deflected, also known as a pass deflection, a pass defended, a pass defensed, a pass knockdown, or a pass breakup, is an
- Deflector: Deflector may refer to: Jet blast deflector Wind deflector Fire screen Deflector shield, in Star Trek Drop Pipe Deflector All pages beginning with "Deflector"
- Deflected Jets: Deflected Jets is a public artwork by American artist Guido Peter Brink located on the Fire Engine Company #29 grounds, which is at 3529 South 84th Street
- Window deflector: A window deflector is mounted above the doors of some automobiles, to protect the inside of the car from rain or other precipitation in case of slightly
- Jet blast deflector: A jet blast deflector (JBD) or blast fence is a safety device that redirects the high energy exhaust from a jet engine to prevent damage and injury. The
Words and phrases related to 'Deflect'