Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Deflation'
- (geology) the erosion of soil as a consequence of sand and dust and loose rocks being removed by the wind; "a constant deflation of the desert landscape"
- a contraction of economic activity resulting in a decline of prices [ant: inflation, disinflation]
- the act of letting the air out of something [ant: inflation]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Deflation'
Africa · North America South America · Asia Europe · Oceania
Microeconomics · Macroeconomics History of economic thought Methodology · Heterodox approaches
Mathematical economics Computational · Econometrics Experimental · National accounting
Behavioral · Cultural · Evolutionary Growth · Development · History International · Economic systems Monetary and Financial economics Public and Welfare economics Health · Education · Welfare Population · Labour · Managerial Business · Information · Game theory Industrial organization · Law Agricultural · Natural resource Environmental · Ecological Urban · Rural · Regional · Geography[See more about Deflation at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Deflation'
Deflation Sample Sentences in News
- Why deflation is so terrifying for Europe
LISBON — From Putin's hordes massing over the eastern borders of Ukraine to the army of home-grown Islamic State fanatics threatening a murderous return from the Middle East, Europe has a lot be frightened of right now. read more Read more on this news related to 'Deflation'
- Is the Fed Afraid of Deflation?
Given the recent CPI PPI readings, is the Federal Reserve making safe dovish moves out of fear of deflation? Read more on this news related to 'Deflation'
- SNB Threatens Further Measures as Franc Poses Deflation Risk
Thomas Jordan, president of the Swiss National Bank. Close Thomas Jordan, president of the Swiss National Bank. Thomas Jordan, president of the Swiss National Bank. Read more on this news related to 'Deflation'