Defeatist Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- someone who is resigned to defeat
Definitions from Wiktionary
- someone who is resigned to defeat without offering positive suggestions
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Defeatist'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Defeatist'
- Notes from a Defeatist: Notes from a Defeatist is a collection of short journalistic comic s by Joe Sacco . It was published in 2003. References: Sacco, Joe (2003 ...
Words and phrases related to 'Defeatist'
Defeatist Sample Sentences in News
- Labour leadership accused of defeatism over Rochester byelection
Labour officials have briefed that they will not put resources into fighting seat, angering party activists who say it is winnable Ed Miliband is under pressure to make a strong attempt to deliver a Labour victory in the Rochester byelection, with party activists venting their frustration at what they regard as defeatist signals coming from party headquarters. Mil Read more on this news related to 'Defeatist'
- Curle: Carlisle Utd no longer a 'soft touch'
Keith Curle insists Carlisle United’s old defeatist attitude is becoming a thing of the past. Read more on this news related to 'Defeatist'
- Lousy Economic Growth Is a Choice, Not an Inevitability
David Wessel: The notion that gloom is inevitable and that economic policy has done all that it can do is defeatist and wrong. Read more on this news related to 'Defeatist'