Defeatist Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- someone who is resigned to defeat
Definitions from Wiktionary
- someone who is resigned to defeat without offering positive suggestions
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Defeatist'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Defeatist'
- Notes from a Defeatist: from a Defeatist is a collection of short journalistic comics by Joe Sacco. It was published in 2003. Sacco, Joe (2003). Notes from a Defeatist, Fantagraphics
Words and phrases related to 'Defeatist'
Defeatist Sample Sentences in News
- Newcastle MP who criticised 'pinkifcation' of girls' toys defends Labour's pink bus
Chi Onwurah says pink is Labour's 'One Nation' campaign colour and to not use it would be "patronising and defeatist" Read more on this news related to 'Defeatist'
- Second to one; PHS swimming hoping to compete with Lander, and outlast others
Powell High School boys swimming coach Stephanie Warren has been honest with her swimmers this season. “Lander is going to take first, we know that, and we’ve talked to the guys about it,” Warren said. “But there’s still a lot of good we can do at the state meet, and taking second is important to us.” While it sounds like a defeatist attitude heading i Read more on this news related to 'Defeatist'
- Learnard reading from the NAACP playbook
This is a response to Kim Learnard’s letter in the Feb. 11 edition of The Citizen: If I didn’t know any better I’d say Ms. Learnard is reading right from the NAACP playbook, playing right into the hands of the NAACP by voicing a defeatist attitude while the NAACP sits back smug in their assurance what they have wrought will stand unchallenged. read more Read more on this news related to 'Defeatist'