Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Deceiver'
Deceiver Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : someone who leads you to believe something that is not true
[syn: cheat, cheater, trickster, beguiler, slicker]
- Deceiver \De*ceiv"er\, n.
One who deceives; one who leads into error; a cheat; an
The deceived and the deceiver are his. --Job xii. 16.
Syn: Deceiver, Impostor.
Usage: A deceiver operates by stealth and in private upon
individuals; an impostor practices his arts on the
community at large. The one succeeds by artful
falsehoods, the other by bold assumption. The
faithless friend and the fickle lover are deceivers;
the false prophet and the pretended prince are
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Deceiver'
- Deceiver: deceiver. Deceiver or The Deceiver(s) may refer to: In film: The Deceiver (film), a 1931 film directed by Louis King. The Deceivers (film), a ...
- Deceiver (film): Deceiver, also known as Liar (UK release), is a 1997 murder mystery film. It won Best Cinematography and Best Screenplay at the 1997 ...
- Deceiver (The Word Alive album): Deceiver is the debut full-length album by metalcore band The Word Alive . ... com/album/the-word-alive/deceiver/1388537#/album/the-word- ...
- Deceiver (Chris Thile album): Deceiver is the fourth solo album by American newgrass mandolin ist Chris Thile , released on Sugar Hill in 2004. It features a total ...
- Deceiver (Muslimgauze album): Deceiver is an album by Muslimgauze released in a numbered limited edition of 800 copies as part of Staalplaat 's subscription-only series ...
- Amethyst Deceivers: Amethyst Deceivers is a song by Coil which appears on several of their releases. The name refers to a type of mushroom, Laccaria ...
- The Deceivers: The Deceivers is a 1952 novel by John Masters on the Thuggee movement in India ... arrests Hussein, who confesses to being a thug, or deceiver. ...
- Autumn Equinox: Amethyst Deceivers: Autumn Equinox: Amethyst Deceivers is part three of the four part Seasons collective created by Coil . This was first released on autumn ...
- Sweet Deceiver: Sweet Deceiver is the sixth studio album by Kevin Ayers and his last for Island Records . By 1975, Kevin Ayers had joined the roster of ...
- Gay deceiver: A gay deceiver may refer to: A rakehell or lothario A brand of girdle A once-widely used term for falsies (for example, in The Glass ...
Words and phrases related to 'Deceiver'
Deceiver Sample Sentences in News
- O’Reilly Lashes Out at ‘Dishonest’ Sharpton for Attacking His Mandela Coverage: ‘Flat-Out Deceiver’
Bill O'Reilly kicked off his show Monday night clarifying his statements from last week about Nelson Mandela being a great man, but also a communist . In particular, O'Reilly took on MSNBC hosts Al Sharpton and Karen Finney for what he called a gross distortion of his words. Read more on this news related to 'Deceiver'
- It’s been a wild ride: Looking back at 50 years of Mustangs
Few cars survive on the market for 50 years, and few deceiver to reach the "Big 5-0" more than the Ford Mustang. Through the golden age of muscle cars and the depressing 1970s, Ford's pony car has become an American icon. The post It’s been a wild ride: Looking back at 50 years of Mustangs appeared first on Digital Trends . Read more on this news related to 'Deceiver'
- François Mitterrand: The great deceiver
Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back. Read more on this news related to 'Deceiver'