Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Deceiver'
Deceiver Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : someone who leads you to believe something that is not true
[syn: cheat, cheater, trickster, beguiler, slicker]
- Deceiver \De*ceiv"er\, n.
One who deceives; one who leads into error; a cheat; an
The deceived and the deceiver are his. --Job xii. 16.
Syn: Deceiver, Impostor.
Usage: A deceiver operates by stealth and in private upon
individuals; an impostor practices his arts on the
community at large. The one succeeds by artful
falsehoods, the other by bold assumption. The
faithless friend and the fickle lover are deceivers;
the false prophet and the pretended prince are
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Deceiver'
- Deceiver: deceiver. Deceiver or The Deceiver(s) may refer to: In film: The Deceiver (film), a 1931 film directed by Louis King. The Deceivers (film), a ...
- Deceiver (film): Deceiver, also known as Liar (UK release), is a 1997 murder mystery film. It won Best Cinematography and Best Screenplay at the 1997 ...
- Deceiver (The Word Alive album): Deceiver is the debut full-length album by metalcore band The Word Alive . ... com/album/the-word-alive/deceiver/1388537#/album/the-word- ...
- Deceiver (Chris Thile album): Deceiver is the fourth solo album by American newgrass mandolin ist Chris Thile , released on Sugar Hill in 2004. It features a total ...
- Deceiver (Muslimgauze album): Deceiver is an album by Muslimgauze released in a numbered limited edition of 800 copies as part of Staalplaat 's subscription-only series ...
- Amethyst Deceivers: Amethyst Deceivers is a song by Coil which appears on several of their releases. The name refers to a type of mushroom, Laccaria ...
- The Deceivers: The Deceivers is a 1952 novel by John Masters on the Thuggee movement in India ... arrests Hussein, who confesses to being a thug, or deceiver. ...
- Autumn Equinox: Amethyst Deceivers: Autumn Equinox: Amethyst Deceivers is part three of the four part Seasons collective created by Coil . This was first released on autumn ...
- Sweet Deceiver: Sweet Deceiver is the sixth studio album by Kevin Ayers and his last for Island Records . By 1975, Kevin Ayers had joined the roster of ...
- Gay deceiver: A gay deceiver may refer to: A rakehell or lothario A brand of girdle A once-widely used term for falsies (for example, in The Glass ...
Words and phrases related to 'Deceiver'
Deceiver Sample Sentences in News
- No current Deceiver news