Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Deceiver'
Deceiver Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : someone who leads you to believe something that is not true
[syn: cheat, cheater, trickster, beguiler, slicker]
- Deceiver \De*ceiv"er\, n.
One who deceives; one who leads into error; a cheat; an
The deceived and the deceiver are his. --Job xii. 16.
Syn: Deceiver, Impostor.
Usage: A deceiver operates by stealth and in private upon
individuals; an impostor practices his arts on the
community at large. The one succeeds by artful
falsehoods, the other by bold assumption. The
faithless friend and the fickle lover are deceivers;
the false prophet and the pretended prince are
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Deceiver'
- Deceiver: deceiver. Deceiver or The Deceiver(s) may refer to: In film: The Deceiver (film), a 1931 film directed by Louis King. The Deceivers (film), a ...
- Deceiver (film): Deceiver, also known as Liar (UK release), is a 1997 murder mystery film. It won Best Cinematography and Best Screenplay at the 1997 ...
- Deceiver (The Word Alive album): Deceiver is the debut full-length album by metalcore band The Word Alive . ... com/album/the-word-alive/deceiver/1388537#/album/the-word- ...
- Deceiver (Chris Thile album): Deceiver is the fourth solo album by American newgrass mandolin ist Chris Thile , released on Sugar Hill in 2004. It features a total ...
- Deceiver (Muslimgauze album): Deceiver is an album by Muslimgauze released in a numbered limited edition of 800 copies as part of Staalplaat 's subscription-only series ...
- Amethyst Deceivers: Amethyst Deceivers is a song by Coil which appears on several of their releases. The name refers to a type of mushroom, Laccaria ...
- The Deceivers: The Deceivers is a 1952 novel by John Masters on the Thuggee movement in India ... arrests Hussein, who confesses to being a thug, or deceiver. ...
- Autumn Equinox: Amethyst Deceivers: Autumn Equinox: Amethyst Deceivers is part three of the four part Seasons collective created by Coil . This was first released on autumn ...
- Sweet Deceiver: Sweet Deceiver is the sixth studio album by Kevin Ayers and his last for Island Records . By 1975, Kevin Ayers had joined the roster of ...
- Gay deceiver: A gay deceiver may refer to: A rakehell or lothario A brand of girdle A once-widely used term for falsies (for example, in The Glass ...
Words and phrases related to 'Deceiver'
Deceiver Sample Sentences in News
- Bill O'Reilly rips Stephen Colbert as 'deceiver' who damages America
Papa Bear is angry -- and Stephen Colbert is the target. Read more on this news related to 'Deceiver'
- O’Reilly Fires Back at Colbert: He’s a ‘Deceiver’ Who Does ‘Damage’ to the Country
Stephen Colbert recently mocked Bill O'Reilly 's comments on inequality, and O'Reilly fired back Tuesday night, calling Colbert a "deceiver" and "fanatic" who "does do damage" to the country by engaging in the aforementioned deception. Read more on this news related to 'Deceiver'
- Amon Amarth to perform at Roman Arenas in Bucharest
Sweden’s melodic death metal band AMON AMARTH decided to go on tour to promote their latest album “Deceiver of the Gods”, and they will be performing also in Romania at Bucharest-based Roman Arenas on April 29, according to a press release. Read more on this news related to 'Deceiver'