Debase Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance; often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones; "adulterate liquor"
- lower in value by increasing the base-metal content
- corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality; "debauch the young people with wine and women"; "Socrates was accused of corrupting young men"; "Do school counselors subvert young children?"; "corrupt the morals"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Debase'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Debase'
- Debasement: For the revocation of knighthood, see Debasement (knighthood). Debasement is the practice of lowering the value of currency. It is particularly used in
- Debaser: the single by Pixies. For music groups with this name, see Debaser (disambiguation). "Debaser" is a song by the American alternative rock band Pixies, and
- Debaser (disambiguation): Debaser may refer to: "Debaser", a song by American alternative rock band Pixies Debaser (rap group), a hip-hop group forming part of the crew Sandpeople
- Methods of coin debasement: is about grassroots methods of coin debasement. For coin debasement generally, see debasement. Coin debasement is the act of decreasing the amount of
- Debaser (rap group): For other uses, see Debaser (disambiguation). Debaser is a two-man hip-hop group from Oregon, United States, and are part of the crew Sandpeople. The
- Great Debasement: Debasement (1542–1551) refers to the English Crown’s policy of coinage debasement during the reigns of Henry VIII and Edward VI. Coinage debasement occurred
Words and phrases related to 'Debase'
Debase Sample Sentences in News
- All About Debase: Not
Megan Trainor tells us it is "All About the Base". It seems like many reporters and analysts may be mistaking her lyrics as it is all about debase, as in currency wars. The latest surge of currency war stories follow the unexpected decision by the Bank of Japan to dramatically increase its Qualitative and Quantitative Easing at the end of October. It Read more on this news related to 'Debase'
- Those who condone torture debase our essential values
George Orwell wrote that "men can only be highly civilised while other men, inevitably less civilised, are there to guard and feed them". He is frequently misquoted as saying we sleep peacefully in our beds at night because "rough men stand ready to do violence on those who would do us harm". While the words may be contested, the message is tru Read more on this news related to 'Debase'
- StealthFlation!!! Got Gold?
The StealthFlation Blog Money is stored labor. Labor is part of human life. To devalue money is to debase life itself. STEALTHFLATION : An intractable economic condition that inevitably arises as excessively issued fiat currency compulsively pursues non-productive wealth assets in a grossly overleveraged economy, which has been artificially reflated by moneta Read more on this news related to 'Debase'