Debase Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance; often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones; "adulterate liquor"
- lower in value by increasing the base-metal content
- corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality; "debauch the young people with wine and women"; "Socrates was accused of corrupting young men"; "Do school counselors subvert young children?"; "corrupt the morals"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Debase'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Debase'
- Debasement: For the revocation of knighthood, see Debasement (knighthood). Debasement is the practice of lowering the value of currency. It is particularly used in
- Debaser: the single by Pixies. For music groups with this name, see Debaser (disambiguation). "Debaser" is a song by the American alternative rock band Pixies, and
- Debaser (disambiguation): Debaser may refer to: "Debaser", a song by American alternative rock band Pixies Debaser (rap group), a hip-hop group forming part of the crew Sandpeople
- Methods of coin debasement: is about grassroots methods of coin debasement. For coin debasement generally, see debasement. Coin debasement is the act of decreasing the amount of
- Debasement Tapes: "Debasement Tapes" is the seventeenth episode of the third season of the American mystery television series Veronica Mars, and the 61st episode overall
- Great Debasement: Debasement (1542–1551) refers to the English Crown’s policy of coinage debasement during the reigns of Henry VIII and Edward VI. Coinage debasement occurred
Words and phrases related to 'Debase'