Dampen Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- make moist; "The dew moistened the meadows"
- lessen in force or effect; "soften a shock"; "break a fall"
- check; keep in check (a fire)
- make vague or obscure or make (an image) less visible; "muffle the message"
- smother or suppress; "Stifle your curiosity"
- reduce the amplitude (of oscillations or waves)
- deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Dampen'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dampen'
- Mallet dampening: Mallet dampening is a vibraphone technique that facilitates legato phrasing on the instrument. It is accomplished by striking a note on ...
Words and phrases related to 'Dampen'