Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'DOE'
DOE Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the federal department responsible for maintaining a national energy policy of the United States; created in 1977 [syn: Department of Energy, Energy Department, Energy]
- mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'
- Doe \Doe\ (d[=o]), n. [AS. d[=a]; cf. Dan. daa, daa-dyr, deer,
and perh. L. dama. [root]66.] (Zo["o]l.)
A female deer or antelope; specifically, the female of the
fallow deer, of which the male is called a buck. Also applied
to the female of other animals, as the rabbit. See the Note
- Doe \Doe\ (d[=oo]), n.
A feat. [Obs.] See Do, n. --Hudibras.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'DOE'
- Doe: Doe may refer to: An adult female in some animal species; see List of animal names Doe people , a people of coastal Tanzania. Doe language , ...
- John Doe: The name "John Doe" is used as a placeholder name in a legal action, case or discussion for a male party, whose true identity is unknown ...
- Samuel Doe: Samuel Kanyon Doe (May 6, 1951 – September 9, 1990) was the 21st President of Liberia , serving from 1986 until his assassination in 1990 ...
- Francis Doe: Francis Doe (born December 25, 1985) is a Liberia n footballer currently playing for the Egyptian Premier League Al-Ahly . Club career ...
- Doe River: The Doe River is a naturally flowing river in northeast Tennessee that forms in Carter County near the North Carolina line, just south ...
Words and phrases related to 'DOE'
DOE Sample Sentences in News
- Consumer groups win appeal to reveal Company Doe
We soon could know the identity of the manufacturer — only known now as "Company Doe" — in a product safety case that has been linked to a child's death. The 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ... Read more on this news related to 'DOE'
- Hear Doe Paoro's Swirling R&Bruiser 'Nobody'
Doe Paoro may be based in Brooklyn, but the R&B-inclined singer-songwriter decamped to Wisconsin's April Base Studios to record her latest effort, the soon-to-be-released Ink on the Walls EP... Read more on this news related to 'DOE'
- DOE plans to work with watchdog to reduce 'high-risk' status
During a visit to the U.S. DOE Risk Management Services division in Washington, D.C., earlier this month, Guam DOE Superintendent Jon Fernandez shared the department's strategy to better manage federal funds. Read more on this news related to 'DOE'