Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'DOE'
DOE Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the federal department responsible for maintaining a national energy policy of the United States; created in 1977 [syn: Department of Energy, Energy Department, Energy]
- mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'
- Doe \Doe\ (d[=o]), n. [AS. d[=a]; cf. Dan. daa, daa-dyr, deer,
and perh. L. dama. [root]66.] (Zo["o]l.)
A female deer or antelope; specifically, the female of the
fallow deer, of which the male is called a buck. Also applied
to the female of other animals, as the rabbit. See the Note
- Doe \Doe\ (d[=oo]), n.
A feat. [Obs.] See Do, n. --Hudibras.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'DOE'
- Doe: Doe may refer to: An adult female in some animal species; see List of animal names Doe people , a people of coastal Tanzania. Doe language , ...
- John Doe: The name "John Doe" is used as a placeholder name in a legal action, case or discussion for a male party, whose true identity is unknown ...
- Samuel Doe: Samuel Kanyon Doe (May 6, 1951 – September 9, 1990) was the 21st President of Liberia , serving from 1986 until his assassination in 1990 ...
- Francis Doe: Francis Doe (born December 25, 1985) is a Liberia n footballer currently playing for the Egyptian Premier League Al-Ahly . Club career ...
- Doe River: The Doe River is a naturally flowing river in northeast Tennessee that forms in Carter County near the North Carolina line, just south ...
Words and phrases related to 'DOE'
DOE Sample Sentences in News
- Our Voice: DOE's land transfer rules suffer from lack of input
The Department of Energy needs to restart its efforts to revise rules for making excess land at nucl Read more on this news related to 'DOE'
- How sperm reveals if a man suspects CHEATING
Montana sexologist Dr. Lindsey Doe claimed ejaculate is designed to fight off sperm from other males as well as fertilise eggs. Read more on this news related to 'DOE'
- DOE issues guidebook on setting up renewable energy plant in the backyard
The Department of Energy (DOE) will release a guidebook on how consumers can avail of solar and other renewable energy installations. Read more on this news related to 'DOE'