Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'DOE'
DOE Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the federal department responsible for maintaining a national energy policy of the United States; created in 1977 [syn: Department of Energy, Energy Department, Energy]
- mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'
- Doe \Doe\ (d[=o]), n. [AS. d[=a]; cf. Dan. daa, daa-dyr, deer,
and perh. L. dama. [root]66.] (Zo["o]l.)
A female deer or antelope; specifically, the female of the
fallow deer, of which the male is called a buck. Also applied
to the female of other animals, as the rabbit. See the Note
- Doe \Doe\ (d[=oo]), n.
A feat. [Obs.] See Do, n. --Hudibras.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'DOE'
- Doe: Doe may refer to: An adult female in some animal species; see List of animal names Doe people , a people of coastal Tanzania. Doe language , ...
- John Doe: The name "John Doe" is used as a placeholder name in a legal action, case or discussion for a male party, whose true identity is unknown ...
- Samuel Doe: Samuel Kanyon Doe (May 6, 1951 – September 9, 1990) was the 21st President of Liberia , serving from 1986 until his assassination in 1990 ...
- Francis Doe: Francis Doe (born December 25, 1985) is a Liberia n footballer currently playing for the Egyptian Premier League Al-Ahly . Club career ...
- Doe River: The Doe River is a naturally flowing river in northeast Tennessee that forms in Carter County near the North Carolina line, just south ...
Words and phrases related to 'DOE'
DOE Sample Sentences in News
- Doe steals late victory for Kelantan against LionsXII
The Liberian striker pounced on a late defensive error in added time to seal a come-from-behind win against the hosts, despite his team going down to ten men in the second half Read more on this news related to 'DOE'
- DOE taps experts to deal with power crisis
The Department of Energy has turned to engineers of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) for help in dealing with the power crunch now crippling Mindanao. Read more on this news related to 'DOE'
- DOE continues to provide solutions on Mindanao power situation
In view of the Mindanao power situation, the Department of Energy (DOE) has provided immediate and long-term solutions to address the power shortage in the region. Read more on this news related to 'DOE'