Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'DOE'
DOE Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the federal department responsible for maintaining a national energy policy of the United States; created in 1977 [syn: Department of Energy, Energy Department, Energy]
- mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'
- Doe \Doe\ (d[=o]), n. [AS. d[=a]; cf. Dan. daa, daa-dyr, deer,
and perh. L. dama. [root]66.] (Zo["o]l.)
A female deer or antelope; specifically, the female of the
fallow deer, of which the male is called a buck. Also applied
to the female of other animals, as the rabbit. See the Note
- Doe \Doe\ (d[=oo]), n.
A feat. [Obs.] See Do, n. --Hudibras.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'DOE'
- Doe: Doe may refer to: An adult female in some animal species; see List of animal names Doe people , a people of coastal Tanzania. Doe language , ...
- John Doe: The name "John Doe" is used as a placeholder name in a legal action, case or discussion for a male party, whose true identity is unknown ...
- Samuel Doe: Samuel Kanyon Doe (May 6, 1951 – September 9, 1990) was the 21st President of Liberia , serving from 1986 until his assassination in 1990 ...
- Francis Doe: Francis Doe (born December 25, 1985) is a Liberia n footballer currently playing for the Egyptian Premier League Al-Ahly . Club career ...
- Doe River: The Doe River is a naturally flowing river in northeast Tennessee that forms in Carter County near the North Carolina line, just south ...
Words and phrases related to 'DOE'
DOE Sample Sentences in News
- Tesla Pays Off DOE Loan Much Earlier
Tesla received the loan in Jan 2010 and agreed on a 10-year repayment program Read more on this news related to 'DOE'
- Dow Endorses DOE's LNG Export Decision
Dow Chemical has supported the decision made by the Department of Energy regarding export of liquefied natural gas. Read more on this news related to 'DOE'
- Ray Manzarek: X's Exene Cervenka, John Doe remember a friend
The Doors keyboardist, who died Monday at 74, produced L.A. punk band X's first four albums. Exene Cervenka and John Doe recall him as a generous teacher. The music that keyboardist Ray Manzarek made as part of the Doors helped define the 1960s, and also was a crucial part of the Southern California music scene in the latter half of that decade. Two generation Read more on this news related to 'DOE'