Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Curio'
Curio Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : something unusual -- perhaps worthy of collecting [syn: curiosity,
oddity, oddment, peculiarity, rarity]
- Curio \Cu"ri*o\ (k?"r?-?), n.; pl. Curios (-?z). [Abbreviation
Any curiosity or article of virtu.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Curio'
- Curio: Curio may refer to: A strange and interesting object which invokes curiosity Curio (furniture) (or curio cabinet), a predominantly glass ...
- Gaius Scribonius Curio: Gaius Scribonius Curio was the name of a father and son who lived in the late Roman Republic . Father: Gaius Scribonius Curio (d. ...
- Curio, Switzerland: Curio is a municipality in the district of Lugano in the canton of Ticino in Switzerland . History: Curio is first mentioned in 1196 as ...
- Curio (furniture): A curio is a predominantly glass cabinet with a metal or wood framework used to display collections of figurine s that share some common ...
- Curio (band): Curio was a Japan ese pop rock . They were best known to Western audiences for their song Kimi ni Fureru Dake De, which was used as the ...
- Cabinet of curiosities: Image:Musei Wormiani Historia. jpg | "Musei Wormiani Historia", the frontispiece from the Museum Wormianum depicting Ole Worm 's cabinet of ...
- Curio maximus: The curio maximus was an obscure priesthood in ancient Rome that had oversight of the curiae groups of citizens loosely affiliated within ...
- Curio Bay: Located near the southern end of New Zealand 's South Island Curio Bay is a coast al embayment best known as the site of a petrified ...
- Gaius Curio Scribonius Burbuleio: REDIRECT Gaius Scribonius Curio
- Just a Collection of Antiques and Curios: Just A Collection Of Antiques And Curios is a live album by English band Strawbs recorded at the Queen Elizabeth Hall London on 1970 ...
Words and phrases related to 'Curio'
Curio Sample Sentences in News
- Curio's 'Dancing at Lughnasa' a piercing pleasure
To be Irish is to have an existential dark spot in the soul, an ingrained gateway to fatal despair if it's not kept in check - which is what lies beyond the congenial face of Brian Friel's poetic, bittersweet play Dancing at Lughnasa. Read more on this news related to 'Curio'
- Curio shop in Detroit's old Chinatown forced to move out
On Friday afternoon, the founders of Showcase Collectible in the Cass Corridor received an official 30-day notice to vacate their charming retail space, ending a decades-long run for the business. It's also the latest chapter in the rapid gentrification of the gritty neighborhood. Read more on this news related to 'Curio'
- Gremlin's production of "Creve Coeur" derailed
A zoning issue with the city of St. Paul scotched opening night for the intimate staging of this Tennessee Williams curio. Read more on this news related to 'Curio'