Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Curio'
Curio Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : something unusual -- perhaps worthy of collecting [syn: curiosity,
oddity, oddment, peculiarity, rarity]
- Curio \Cu"ri*o\ (k?"r?-?), n.; pl. Curios (-?z). [Abbreviation
Any curiosity or article of virtu.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Curio'
- Curio: Curio may refer to: A strange and interesting object which invokes curiosity Curio (furniture) (or curio cabinet), a predominantly glass ...
- Gaius Scribonius Curio: Gaius Scribonius Curio was the name of a father and son who lived in the late Roman Republic . Father: Gaius Scribonius Curio (d. ...
- Curio, Switzerland: Curio is a municipality in the district of Lugano in the canton of Ticino in Switzerland . History: Curio is first mentioned in 1196 as ...
- Curio (furniture): A curio is a predominantly glass cabinet with a metal or wood framework used to display collections of figurine s that share some common ...
- Curio (band): Curio was a Japan ese pop rock . They were best known to Western audiences for their song Kimi ni Fureru Dake De, which was used as the ...
- Cabinet of curiosities: Image:Musei Wormiani Historia. jpg | "Musei Wormiani Historia", the frontispiece from the Museum Wormianum depicting Ole Worm 's cabinet of ...
- Curio maximus: The curio maximus was an obscure priesthood in ancient Rome that had oversight of the curiae groups of citizens loosely affiliated within ...
- Curio Bay: Located near the southern end of New Zealand 's South Island Curio Bay is a coast al embayment best known as the site of a petrified ...
- Gaius Curio Scribonius Burbuleio: REDIRECT Gaius Scribonius Curio
- Just a Collection of Antiques and Curios: Just A Collection Of Antiques And Curios is a live album by English band Strawbs recorded at the Queen Elizabeth Hall London on 1970 ...
Words and phrases related to 'Curio'
Curio Sample Sentences in News
- Hilton Worldwide Introduces SLS Las Vegas to Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Hilton Worldwide today welcomed SLS Las Vegas to its newest brand, Curio – A Collection by Hilton. Curated for travelers who seek local discovery and authentic experiences, Curio – Read more on this news related to 'Curio'
- Thayer Lodging Group Acquires Diplomat Resort & Spa
NEW YORK, Sept. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Thayer Lodging Group ("Thayer"), a Brookfield Company, and its institutional partners, have acquired the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, Fla. The Company announced the property will be renamed the Diplomat Resort & Spa and will join Hilton Worldwide's newest brand, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, Read more on this news related to 'Curio'
- Space Station 76 Is a Retro-Futuristic Curio
Don't expect many laughs from this retro-futuristic curio, which doesn't really go for them, despite its parodic title and its '70s insistence that in the far future, View-Masters would be cutting-edge communication tech. Still, sympathetic audiences may be diverted by Space Station 7... Read more on this news related to 'Curio'