Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Criteria'
Criteria Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a basis for comparison; a reference point against which other things can be evaluated; "they set the measure for all subsequent work" [syn: standard, measure, touchstone]
- the ideal in terms of which something can be judged; "they live by the standards of their community" [syn: standard] [also: criteria (pl)]
- Criterion \Cri*te"ri*on\ (kr?-t?"r?-?n), n.; pl. Criteria
(-?), sometimes Criterions (-?nz). [Gr. ????? a means for
judging, fr. ???? decider, judge, fr. ????? to separate. See
A standard of judging; any approved or established rule or
test, by which facts, principles opinions, and conduct are
tried in forming a correct judgment respecting them.
Of the diseases of the mind there is no criterion.
Inferences founded on such enduring criteria. --Sir G.
Syn: Standard; measure; rule.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Criteria'
- Criteria Studios: Criteria Studios is a music- recording studio in Miami , Florida , started in 1958 by Mack Emerman Notable artists: A selected list of ...
- Criteria (band): Criteria is an indie rock band from Omaha, Nebraska , formed in 2003 when ex- Cursive founding member Steve Pedersen returned to his ...
- Copenhagen criteria: The Copenhagen criteria are the rules that define whether a country is eligible to join the European Union . The criteria require that a ...
- McDonald criteria: The McDonald criteria are diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis (MS). (NMSS) of America recommended revised diagnostic criteria for MS. ...
- Criteria CaixaCorp: Criteria CaixaCorp, S.A. (ES0140609019 | CRI) is an investment holding company , controlled with a 79% stake by Spanish savings bank La ...
Words and phrases related to 'Criteria'
Criteria Sample Sentences in News
- Fitch Publishes Updated Global Structured Finance & Covered Bonds Criteria Hierarchy
Link to Fitch Ratings' Report: Global Structured Finance & Covered Bonds Rating Criteria Hierarchy Read more on this news related to 'Criteria'
- Fitch Publishes Updated Criteria for Rating Thermal Power Projects
Link to Fitch Ratings' Report: Rating Criteria for Thermal Power Projectshttp://www.fitchratings.com/creditdesk/reports/report_frame.cfm?rpt_id=753208 Read more on this news related to 'Criteria'
- A.M. Best Requests Comments on New Draft Criteria: Rating Reinsurance/Insurance Transformer Vehicles
A.M. Best is requesting comments from market participants and other interested parties on the new draft criteria report, “Rating Reinsurance/Insurance Transformer Vehicles.” Read more on this news related to 'Criteria'