Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Criteria'
Criteria Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a basis for comparison; a reference point against which other things can be evaluated; "they set the measure for all subsequent work" [syn: standard, measure, touchstone]
- the ideal in terms of which something can be judged; "they live by the standards of their community" [syn: standard] [also: criteria (pl)]
- Criterion \Cri*te"ri*on\ (kr?-t?"r?-?n), n.; pl. Criteria
(-?), sometimes Criterions (-?nz). [Gr. ????? a means for
judging, fr. ???? decider, judge, fr. ????? to separate. See
A standard of judging; any approved or established rule or
test, by which facts, principles opinions, and conduct are
tried in forming a correct judgment respecting them.
Of the diseases of the mind there is no criterion.
Inferences founded on such enduring criteria. --Sir G.
Syn: Standard; measure; rule.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Criteria'
- Criteria Studios: Criteria Studios is a music- recording studio in Miami , Florida , started in 1958 by Mack Emerman Notable artists: A selected list of ...
- Criteria (band): Criteria is an indie rock band from Omaha, Nebraska , formed in 2003 when ex- Cursive founding member Steve Pedersen returned to his ...
- Copenhagen criteria: The Copenhagen criteria are the rules that define whether a country is eligible to join the European Union . The criteria require that a ...
- McDonald criteria: The McDonald criteria are diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis (MS). (NMSS) of America recommended revised diagnostic criteria for MS. ...
- Criteria CaixaCorp: Criteria CaixaCorp, S.A. (ES0140609019 | CRI) is an investment holding company , controlled with a 79% stake by Spanish savings bank La ...
Words and phrases related to 'Criteria'
Criteria Sample Sentences in News
- Fitch Publishes Criteria on Rating U.S. Mortgage REITs and Similar Finance Companies
Fitch Ratings today published an updated criteria report that focuses on Fitch's methodology for analyzing the credit risk of mortgage real estate investment trusts that own direct or indirect interests in mortgages on real estate or other interests in real property. Read more on this news related to 'Criteria'
- Fitch Updates Rating Criteria for Solar Power Projects
Fitch Ratings has published an update of its 'Rating Criteria for Solar Power Projects', which describes the analytical framework Fitch applies to evaluate debt issued for a broad range of utility-scale photovoltaic , concentrating PV, and concentrating solar power projects worldwide. Read more on this news related to 'Criteria'
- Fitch Updates Rating Criteria for State Housing Finance Agencies General Obligations
Fitch Ratings has updated its sector criteria report for rating general obligations of state housing finance agencies . The report replaces the existing criteria published March 2013. Read more on this news related to 'Criteria'