Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Criteria'
Criteria Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a basis for comparison; a reference point against which other things can be evaluated; "they set the measure for all subsequent work" [syn: standard, measure, touchstone]
- the ideal in terms of which something can be judged; "they live by the standards of their community" [syn: standard] [also: criteria (pl)]
- Criterion \Cri*te"ri*on\ (kr?-t?"r?-?n), n.; pl. Criteria
(-?), sometimes Criterions (-?nz). [Gr. ????? a means for
judging, fr. ???? decider, judge, fr. ????? to separate. See
A standard of judging; any approved or established rule or
test, by which facts, principles opinions, and conduct are
tried in forming a correct judgment respecting them.
Of the diseases of the mind there is no criterion.
Inferences founded on such enduring criteria. --Sir G.
Syn: Standard; measure; rule.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Criteria'
- Criteria Studios: Criteria Studios is a music- recording studio in Miami , Florida , started in 1958 by Mack Emerman Notable artists: A selected list of ...
- Criteria (band): Criteria is an indie rock band from Omaha, Nebraska , formed in 2003 when ex- Cursive founding member Steve Pedersen returned to his ...
- Copenhagen criteria: The Copenhagen criteria are the rules that define whether a country is eligible to join the European Union . The criteria require that a ...
- McDonald criteria: The McDonald criteria are diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis (MS). (NMSS) of America recommended revised diagnostic criteria for MS. ...
- Criteria CaixaCorp: Criteria CaixaCorp, S.A. (ES0140609019 | CRI) is an investment holding company , controlled with a 79% stake by Spanish savings bank La ...
Words and phrases related to 'Criteria'
Criteria Sample Sentences in News
- Fitch Updates U.S. RMBS Cash Flow Analysis Criteria
Link to Fitch Ratings' Report: U.S. RMBS Cash Flow Analysis Criteria Read more on this news related to 'Criteria'
- Fitch Publishes Exposure Draft for Rating U.S. FFELP ABS
Fitch Ratings has published an exposure draft with respect to its criteria for rating U.S. Federal Family Education Loan Program ABS. Fitch invites feedback on the proposals during the consultation period that will end on 30 May 2014. Read more on this news related to 'Criteria'
- Fitch Publishes Updated Global Rating Criteria for Aircraft Operating Lease ABS
Link to Fitch Ratings' Report: Global Rating Criteria for Aircraft Operating Lease ABShttp://www.fitchratings.com/creditdesk/reports/report_frame.cfm?rpt_id=742479 Read more on this news related to 'Criteria'