Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Courted'
- Court \Court\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Courted; p. pr. & vb. n.
- To endeavor to gain the favor of by attention or flattery; to try to ingratiate one's self with. By one person, hovever, Portland was still assiduously courted. --Macaulay.
- To endeavor to gain the affections of; to seek in marriage; to woo. If either of you both love Katharina . . . leave shall you have to court her at your pleasure. --Shak.
- To attempt to gain; to solicit; to seek. They might almost seem to have courted the crown of martyrdem. --Prescott. Guilt and misery . . . court privacy and silitude. --De Quincey.
- To invite by attractions; to allure; to attract. A well-worn pathway courted us To one green wicket in a privet hedge. --Tennyson.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Courted'
Types of relationships Family · Marriage Husband · Wife Soulmate · Significant other Siblings · Cousin Domestic partnership Widowhood
Boyfriend · Girlfriend Cohabitation · Casual Romantic friendship · Sexual partner
Friendship · Kinship Monogamy · Same-sex relationship Non-monogamy · Open marriage Polyamory · Polyfidelity · Polygamy
Mistress (lover) · Cicisbeo · Concubinage · Courtesan ·[See more about Courted at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Courted'
Courted Sample Sentences in News
- China seeks ties with Argentina
China has courted stronger tradiing ties with Argentina to access its lucritive raw material export market. Read more on this news related to 'Courted'
- Joaquin Phoenix Being Courted For Dr. Strange Role! You Go, Commodus!
We give this a very big thumbs up! According to a sources close to casting, Joaquin Phoenix is in consideration for the role of Dr. Strange! Marvel-ous news! Although no deal is formally in place, many sources say the Joaquin could walk away hard with the part, as he's already had discussions regarding the movie! Apparently, Joaquin is [...] Read more on this news related to 'Courted'
- Covidien Earnings Preview: Has Merger News Shaken Expectations?
Covidien (NYSE: COV ), which currently is being courted by medical device maker Medtronic (NYSE: MDT ), is scheduled to report its fiscal third-quarter results Friday, July 25, before the markets open. ... Read more on this news related to 'Courted'