Countervailing Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- acting against with equal force or influence
- compensating for
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Countervailing'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Countervailing'
- Countervailing duties: investigation and determinations has significant impacts beyond the countervailing duties. Countervailing duties in the U.S. are assessed by the International Trade
- Countervailing power: Countervailing Power, or countervailence, is the idea in political theory of institutionalized mechanisms that the wielding of power within a polity having
Countervailing Sample Sentences in News
- Cooperatives working for inclusive growth
THE 22,000 cooperatives nationwide with some 13 million members are now up to the call of becoming a countervailing force to combat poverty and to advance social justice and inequity in a country where a few elite, fronted by cartels, monopolies and conglomerates, has tightened its stranglehold of the economy and where vested interest and corruption reign supreme Read more on this news related to 'Countervailing'
- Editor's choice
The petition has been filed with the US Department of Commerce and the US International Trade Commission (ITC) against sheet paper imports from China, Indonesia, Brazil, Portugal and Australia, and countervailing duty petitions against subsidised imports from China and Indonesia. Read more on this news related to 'Countervailing'
- Trina Solar Comments on ITC's Final Determination in Antidumping Duty and Countervailing Duty Investigations
CHANGZHOU, China, Jan. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Trina Solar Limited ("Trina Solar" or the "Company"), a global leader in photovoltaic modules, solutions and services, offers the following statement regarding the affirmative final determination of the U.S. International Trade Commission ("ITC") on January 21, 2015 that imports of certa Read more on this news related to 'Countervailing'