Countervailing Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- acting against with equal force or influence
- compensating for
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Countervailing'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Countervailing'
- Countervailing duties: Countervailing duties (CVDs), also known as anti-subsidy duties, are trade import ... determinations has significant impacts beyond the countervailing duties. ...
- Countervailing power: Countervailing Power, or countervailence, is the idea in political theory of institutionalized mechanisms that the wielding of power within ...
Countervailing Sample Sentences in News
- Lowry: Midterm elections 'a competition between two major countervailing forces'
Lowry, the editor of the National Review, said there are multiple contests across the U.S. where the candidates are in a dead heat. Read more on this news related to 'Countervailing'
- Mid Continent Steel & Wire, Inc. Commends Commerce Department for Affirmative Determination in Vietnam Countervailing ...
Department of Commerce for its affirmative determination in the countervailing duty (subsidy) investigation related to imports of certain steel nails from Vietnam. Commerce yesterday announced preliminary duties on imports of certain steel nails from Vietnam in the following amounts: Commerce separately issued preliminary determinations finding that imports of cer Read more on this news related to 'Countervailing'
- EU mulling anti-circumvention measures on Asia solar exports, says report
Following the anti-dumping and countervailing measures imposed by the US on China and Taiwan solar PV makers, the European Union (EU) is now investigating other Asia countries for allegedly helping China violate the terms of a solar-export agreement it has with the EU, said Jason Huang, a research manager at EnergyTrend. Read more on this news related to 'Countervailing'