Countervailing Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- acting against with equal force or influence
- compensating for
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Countervailing'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Countervailing'
- Countervailing duties: investigation and determinations has significant impacts beyond the countervailing duties. Countervailing duties in the U.S. are assessed by the International Trade
- Countervailing power: Countervailing Power, or countervailence, is the idea in political theory of institutionalized mechanisms that the wielding of power within a polity having
Countervailing Sample Sentences in News
- Economic Survey calls for lifting countervailing duty on imports
Towards ensuring a successful Make in India programme, the finance ministry's Economic Survey 2014-15 Friday proposed elimination of exemptions in countervailing duties (CVD) and special additional duties on imports to provide a level playing field to domestic industry. Read more on this news related to 'Countervailing'
- Jute industry wants duty on imports from Bangladesh
The jute industry has demanded imposition of a countervailing duty on imports of jute goods from Bangladesh. The Indian Jute Mills Association (IJMA) has raised the demand ahead of the Union Budget to counter surging imports from Bangladesh that have grown 35 per cent in the April-December period of this fiscal at the expense of domestic manufacturers. Read more on this news related to 'Countervailing'
- Scrapping CVD exemptions will boost ‘make in India’
The Economic Survey is critical of the government’s strategy to exempt certain imported goods from countervailing duty (CVD) and has suggested that such a strategy should be done away with to make imports expensive and help the ‘Make in India’ programme. Read more on this news related to 'Countervailing'