Counterclockwise Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- in the direction opposite to the rotation of the hands of a clock
- in a direction opposite to the direction in which the hands of a clock move; "please move counterclockwise in a circle!"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Counterclockwise'?
Words and phrases related to 'Counterclockwise'
Counterclockwise Sample Sentences in News
- Total Solar Eclipse of 2015 Occurs This Week: How to See It
This week, the moon will completely cover the disk of the sun, creating a solar eclipse that only a small part of the world can see. The shadow will then pass over the Danish-owned Faroe Islands, the sparsely inhabited Norwegian island group of Svalbard and then it will hook counterclockwise toward the northwest, where it leaves the Earth’s surface just short of Read more on this news related to 'Counterclockwise'
- Is this dancer spinning left or right? This is even crazier than the dress!
Forget the dress ! Is this dancer spinning clockwise or counterclockwise? Counterclockwise, right? At least that's what I thought at first, but when I looked a second time she was spinning clockwise. So look again. Which was is she really spinning? It all comes down to whether you think she is spinning on her right foot or her left foot. Called a kinetic, bi Read more on this news related to 'Counterclockwise'
- Ian Desmond is just 'going to enjoy this ride' in final year of contract with Nationals
VIERA, Fla. — Ian Desmond lugged a blue bag over his shoulder as he walked into the clubhouse at Space Coast Stadium on Monday morning. He dropped the bag off in front of his locker and started walking counterclockwise around the room. Hugs for old teammates. Handshakes and introductions for ... Read more on this news related to 'Counterclockwise'