Counterclockwise Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- in the direction opposite to the rotation of the hands of a clock
- in a direction opposite to the direction in which the hands of a clock move; "please move counterclockwise in a circle!"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Counterclockwise'?
Words and phrases related to 'Counterclockwise'
Counterclockwise Sample Sentences in News
- Teachers find new ways to fund classroom projects
From the left, counterclockwise, students Lukas Councilman, James Jones, Ulises Carrizales and Samantha Moore listen to Donna Smith, second grade teacher, as they do a math problem Tuesday at Moss Hill Elementary School. Read more on this news related to 'Counterclockwise'
- More of the same Thursday
FOX43 WPMT Meteorologist Drew Anderson Usually our weather comes from the west (thank the jet stream for that). Today, we’ve seen showers on the satellite and radar image loop come from the east! Why, you say? Blame a big area of low pressure off the east coast. Air always flows counterclockwise around an area […] Read more on this news related to 'Counterclockwise'
- Saudi Arabia bans Ebola-stricken countries from hajj pilgrimage
Muslim pilgrims from all around the world circle counterclockwise Islam’s holiest shrine, the Kaaba, in the Muslim holy city of Mecca, Saudi Arabia on September 30, 2014. Saudi Arabia, however, banned pilgrims from Ebola-stricken countries from entering the country. Photo by Dilek Mermer/ Anadolu Agency/Getty Images With the arrival of approximately two million Read more on this news related to 'Counterclockwise'