Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Corium'
Corium Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- Dermis \Der"mis\, n. [NL. See Derm.] (Anat.)
The deep sensitive layer of the skin beneath the scarfskin or
epidermis; -- called also true skin, derm, derma,
corium, cutis, and enderon. See Skin, and Illust. in
- Corium \Co"ri*um\ (k?"r?-?m), n. [L. corium leather.]
- Armor made of leather, particularly that used by the Romans; used also by Enlish soldiers till the reign of Edward I. --Fosbroke.
- (Anat.) (a) Same as Dermis. (b) The deep layer of mucous membranes beneath the epithelium.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Corium'
- Corium: Corium may refer to: Corium, a.k.a. dermis Corium (nuclear reactor), solidified result from meltdown. Corium (moth), species. H. corium, fungus ...
- Corium (nuclear reactor): Corium, also called fuel containing material (FCM) or lava-like fuel containing material (LFCM), is a lava -like molten mixture of portions ...
- Corium (moth): Corium is a genus of moth in the family Geometridae . It is considered a synonym of Derambila . References : http://www. nhm. ac. uk/jdsml/ ...
- Helvella corium: Helvella corium is a species of fungus in the Helvellaceae family, Pezizales order. This inedible cup-shaped fungus is black, and grows ...